Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Saturday

First of all: let me just say that I DESPISE my Blackberry sometimes! ARGH!!!!

Ok...now that THAT'S out of my system.....

Here is a list of the things I did, things I considered doing but didn't and a picture ('cuz I know y'all LIVE for my pictures!)

let's just go ahead and start with the picture to get the ball rolling, so to speak:

Breakie!!!

and in bed too!

I had Golden Pecan bread (organic, all natural), toasted
with strawberry preserves from France (also all natural)

and a glass of organic milk.

(Yes, the eating habits of the family I work for are rubbing off on me.)

AND I'm fortunate enough to live close to a fantastic Farmer's Market,
so fresh, affordable food is easy to purchase. :)

Now....
Don't y'all love my bedding?

It's Shabby Chic from Target.

I have to admit that during my "Vampire Diaries" marathon today
I was thrilled to see the main character, Elena, has the same sheets
from this line of bedding.

Yes, I'm a 16 year old girl that way.

Don't act surprised.

OK...back to the list.

Things I did:

*Went to Publix specifically to purchase Mighty Leaf Chamomile-Citrus tea. Also a newly acquired taste compliments of my employer.

* Needed to purchase a bigger skillet with a lid as the tiny one I have that I bought at Ikea didn't work out so well the last time I made spaghetti. Found a good sized one with a glass lid at Family Dollar for $10 bucks.

*there was a reason it was $10 bucks. I didn't know they even made skillets that thin. Made the spaghetti anyway. I sauteed fresh mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic in olive oil before browning the chopped sirloin and then adding the jar of sauce. Good stuff! and I have enough left over to freeze some.

* used my tiny gas stove for the third time since I moved here 6 months ago. Not gonna lie: gas stoves scare me so I'd been using the microwave all this time. I decided to bite the bullet a couple of weeks ago and turn the damn thing on. It didn't blow me or the apartment up, so I'm cool with it now.

* listened to the parents at the school fund raiser next door (selling pumpkins) yell at all the passing traffic. Dummies! Have the KIDS do the yelling. They were out there until 6 p.m. Those were some hard-core pumpkin sellers!

*watched 4 episodes of "Vampire Diaries" and one episode of "Glee" .

*wondered what I did before DVRs

*read both People magazine and InTouch cover to cover. I like to stay informed. Knowing when Kim Kardashian is going to get her next Brazilian is important to me.



Things I considered, but didn't do:

*SERIOUSLY considered going to the very cool and atmospheric cemetary right around the corner from me to explore and to take pictures. Perfect day for it: cool, windy, overcast. Decided to wait until next Saturday: Halloween. I'll probably chicken out. Bad mojo and all that. We'll see.

* didn't yell out my windows at those silly pumpkin-selling parents to shut the hell up. MAN, did I want to!!!!

*didn't watch any of the sitcoms I have on my dvr. Considered watching "Modern Family" because I have a crush on the big gay dad on the show. He is too funny for words with his little Korean adopted baby. "Little pot sticker" HA! Do any of y'all watch this show? It's hilarious!!!

* didn't go to TJ Maxx or Ross for a skillet. Mistake!

*didn't read any of the book I'm currently slogging through. I want to slap the crap out of the main character. She is too annoying for words.

Alright....that's about it.

Hope y'all Saturday was as action packed as mine!!!!


10 comments:

  1. I heart Publix! My daughter has been a cashier there for four years - her first job - and a good one too. She got paid every week!

    Now, about skillets... If I added up all the money I have spent in my lifetime on inexpensive versions of everything, it would be eye-popping. You can never go wrong buying a quality pan and a quality knife. Everything else you can get by skimping on a bit. Williams Sonoma has a nice sale going on for a two-piece AllClad French Skillet set for $119. At first blush, that might seem like a lot of dough, but I'm here to attest that the quality is beyond compare and with proper care, you will own and enjoy those pans for the rest of your life. Calphalon Unison is a good non-stick alternative. Either would make a fantastic birthday or Christmas gift, so start hinting now!

    I love your blog so much, Pissy. Thanks for the consistently awesome posts. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did i do yesterday..hmmm, can't remember..but I can tell you what I wore to the first day of school in the first grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice day! Love the breakkie in bed part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love "Modern Family", isn't it a riot? Hehe, "pot sticker", and Phil's infatuation with his mother in law (who must be younger than him?). The kids are a laugh, great writing and acting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your day! So what do you think about Vampire Diaries?! I'm a fan! hehe i'm glad you didn't blow up - you're so crazy! I don't get it - why yell? People know you're there. If they don't stop it's not that they didn't get your message, it's that they're not interested. Losers. I didn't read either! And I so meant to. But bad TV was calling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alix: I heart Publix too! They have everything! :) 4 years is a long time! Good for her! :)

    I SO hear you about a quality skillet. I have some at my house in Alabama, but didn't bring them. Regret that as I'm sure I cook much more than my husband does. ;-)

    What a sweet thing to say! Your comment made my day! :)

    Jacque Sue: LOL I hear ya! My oldest daughter is consistently amazed at how much I remember from years and years ago. :)

    Chris: It really was! :)

    Brian: I completely agree with your comment! I'm especially partial to the little son of the mother-in-law. His delivery is just priceless! :)

    fbi: It was AWESOME! LOVED loved LOVED Vampire Diaries!!!! So good!

    Yeah, aren't you glad I didn't blow up! LOL

    I know! The yelling was just so over the top. :(

    Bad TV is hard to ignore! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooooo right. The KIDS should have been doing the screaming. What were they thinking!

    I was scared of my first gas stove too but now it's all I'll use!

    Love your bedding and love your lists too! You were very busy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanna: I KNOW!!! It made no sense to me!

    This stove scared me b/c this building is SO old. Plus....I'm a big chicken. ;-)

    Thank you! I love it too! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Modern Family is hilarious! I like when the gay dads went to the pre-school for parents day and the one dad forced the other dad to be "straight acting" but in the end the bigger guy gets to dance and strut his stuff..surprisingly good show

    i found a cool Shabby Chic bath mat with big cotton bubbles, yum..but i don't need a bath mat...or do i??? i should go back and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (M)ary: Modern Family IS hilarious!!! LOVE it!!! :)

    Ooooohhhh...I've seen that bath mat! It's VERY cool! go back and get it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!