Am currently on an endorphin high. This post is gonna ramble. Just thought I should warn y'all in case you want to stop reading now.
***********************************************
Just finished a round-trip walk to what i think will become my new gym home. You know how people talk about their "church home"? Yeah, this is like that. Only it's a gym. So maybe not. Never mind.
Anyway...it was about a 45 minute walk ...not counting the newly poured asphalt I stepped in and the two traffic lights I had to stop for. I walked part of the trail
that goes all the way to Stone Mountain park. My part of the route goes by Agnes Scott College and some cute little restaurants and houses. It's nicely paved and very wide. I'm kinda embarrassed that I've lived this close to that trail for almost 2 years and have never walked it before. Oh, well. Bygones. I'll be walking it a couple of times a week from now on.
About this gym: I'm only in the 3rd day of my free one week trial, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna join. It's a medium sized gym, close to my house (obviously), decent monthly membership fee, VERY clean, good array of equipment, not a meat-market type of atmosphere AT ALL. (All though that kind of thing can be entertaining. As a spectator. I'm too old to be a participant.) Because it's a neighborhood gym...it seems to never be crowded. Like because it's in the neighborhood, people sort of pop in at anytime. It has a good variety of classes....a nice little cardio theater, a separate room for Spin and a small room for more zen-type yoga classes. (I took a yoga class yesterday afternoon. Liked it.)
AND.....
Jane Fonda used to be a member.

Yeah.
THAT Jane Fonda.
I feel like that's a good endorsement.
So, yeah.
That's my big news (the gym....not the Jane Fonda thing).
What's going on with y'all?
*side bar*
Michelle Obama is on 'The View'. Everyone always talks about her arms and how awesome they are. Yes, her arms ARE awesome. However, I'm pretty sure she can thank genetics for that. She doesn't strike me as a big 'work-out-kinda-gal'. What do y'all think?

There could be something worse stuck to you.
ReplyDeleteI think she looks like the kind of work out girl that wouldn't let anyone stand in her way of working out..ha..run your ass down.
ReplyDeletegood for you on the walking and the gym..
I'm with you.. it's all genetics I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, Michelle Obama is a big workout girl. Part of those great arms might be genetics but she works 'em for sure. If I could be guaranteed arms like that I'd work out too... well, maybe ;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're liking the gym. The walk alone is a great workout. High Five to you.
xo jj
Hey Sunshine... havent seen you around in forever... I hope things are ok... just letting you know that someone is thinking of you...
ReplyDelete~jim~
How's it going?
ReplyDelete