My shredder promised to be able to handle credit cards. I've just burned out the motor. I would take it back, but I bought it with my Staples card and well...I shredded that too.
rat: C'mon! Everybody knows where I live.....I think pretty much everybody knows my name....I doubt there's anything anyone could do with credit card numbers of accounts that no longer exist....
P.S. After reading your comment over at Monkey's I said to The Spouse... "I think Pissy and I were separated at birth, she likes Mr. Fitness and "Wishing on a Magic Ham"!!
ajooja: Yep! That's how they sucked me in....the offer of a discount on the wicker furniture I bought for my patio. Pier One credit cards are the devil!
There's a few in my wallet that could use a scissor job. However, I used to have a lot (and by a lot, I think 15 would be conservative) and realized I simply liked having them in my wallet and it was just dumb. With debit cards, I could ditch a few more and just "pay" for it on the spot. That would be good.
For starters....just call me "Pissy". The "Big" is just to distinguish me from my youngest daughter who is basically a 28 year old smarter, prettier version of me. Ok then....I'm a Southern smart-ass, lets just get that out of the way right now. I've been described as grumpy, opinionated, "pissy" and funny. And that was by people who love me. Imagine what people who hate me say. Bitches....
gah. That must have been so painful!! But, good for you. You're a stronger woman than me. =P
ReplyDeleteyerdoingitwrong: It was more painful to see the statements come in every month! ;-)
ReplyDeleteWOW!
ReplyDeletesunny: heh! ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy shredder promised to be able to handle credit cards. I've just burned out the motor. I would take it back, but I bought it with my Staples card and well...I shredded that too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I can only imagine how great that must feel.
ReplyDeletePissy - You never cease to be an inspiration!
ReplyDeletemist: Shredder?
ReplyDeleteI did it the old fashioned way: sissors. ;-)
corky: Thank you! It's a GREAT feeling!
library mama: Inspiration?
Honey, if you only knew! ;-)
I HAD to cut them up~I get outta control with them!
The match was a nice touch.
ReplyDeleteDid you learn NOTHING from the postcard I sent you? Jeesh.
ReplyDeletelori: I thought it was too. ;-)
ReplyDeleterat: C'mon! Everybody knows where I live.....I think pretty much everybody knows my name....I doubt there's anything anyone could do with credit card numbers of accounts that no longer exist....
But thanks for the sentiment. :)
I need to do that! I actually have a few of those very same cards....
ReplyDeleteGood for you that you gave them the boot!
~ Dramedy Girl
UH HUH>> Sure... I bet those are just the old drawer ones.
ReplyDeleteRespect!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!
I like the last photograph, muchly so.
ReplyDeleteNOOOO!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. "Like lambs to the slaughter", indeed.
ReplyDeleteP.S. After reading your comment over at Monkey's I said to The Spouse... "I think Pissy and I were separated at birth, she likes Mr. Fitness and "Wishing on a Magic Ham"!!
ReplyDeleteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ReplyDeletesay it aint SO pissy . . .
Even the Pier One card!!?!?!?!
shelly: I just had to....I was becoming a slave to them. ;-)
ReplyDeletebostick: No, really! Those were the ones I used.
dutchie: thanks! :)
orhan: glad you liked it! :)
blanco: had to be done.... ;-)
monkey: It felt really good!
I think it is very possible that we were separated at birth.
Are you a short, chubby Latina with poor eyesight?
Oh! What if we could get Mr. Fitness to sing "Wishing on a magic ham"?!?!? Wouldn't that be divine?!?!?
doo dah: Oh, but it IS so....it had to be done....and ya know...it felt really good!
Oooooooooo, that's so good. I just got a Pier One card because they offered me a discount on my table. Now I need to pay that stupid thing off.
ReplyDeleteajooja: Yep! That's how they sucked me in....the offer of a discount on the wicker furniture I bought for my patio. Pier One credit cards are the devil!
ReplyDeleteYAY - it's so liberating isn't it?
ReplyDeletej r: It REALLY is! :)
ReplyDeletehotlipz: Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is probably a good thing, Pis! Bless the Pier 1 ~sigh~
ReplyDelete*dazed look*
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful would that feel....
eve: I think they're gonna miss me at Pier One.
ReplyDeleteI had my own parking space right up front. ;-)
butterfly: it feels pretty damn wonderful. ;-)
I don't think I could have touched the Pier One card...it's too important come Xmas time. :)
ReplyDeleteNice touch with the torch.
There's a few in my wallet that could use a scissor job.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I used to have a lot (and by a lot, I think 15 would be conservative) and realized I simply liked having them in my wallet and it was just dumb.
With debit cards, I could ditch a few more and just "pay" for it on the spot.
That would be good.
i hear you on the credit card debt thing (he said, while furiously treading water)
ReplyDeletei look forward to the disposition of my own debt at the point of my settlement
if that doesn't put me indefinitely in the black, i may yet have a date with scissors, as well
I am so jealous! Oh happy day when the last of the "credit card crack" is gone from the Mayhem!
ReplyDeleteIt will happen....HOPEFULLY!
maggie: All I did with mine was buy stuff for our new house. I don't need anything else! *LOL*
ReplyDeletesunshine: 15? I had 9 and I thought that was bad! *LOL* I've only kept one....paid it off too...but kept it "in case of emergency" ;-)
cadbury: all we were waiting for was closing on the house...we'd been planning this for awhile.
Good luck with your plan. Hope it works out for you. :)
queen of the mayhem: "Credit Card Crack" is exactly right! They're addictive and can ruin your life~just like crack! ;-)
oh, honey.
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOO feeling some remorse for you.
mahler: Thanks, sweetie! I know you feel my pain. But it HAD to be done! I have NO self-control!
ReplyDeleteSeriously.
Zip....zero...nada....