Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cape San Blas weekend

I know it's been almost a week since I posted.

Y'all have probably noticed that my posts have become fewer and shorter. I'm seriously considering taking the blog in a different direction. When I decide exactly what that is, I'll post about it. Until then....if anyone wants to stop by, there will be posts like the one below. Pictures of places I've been, products I like (no, I'm not doing "pay-per-post"), home decor and gardening posts, book and movie reviews......sort of what I've been doing. Only more of it.

So.....Friday the 13th we drove down to Cape San Blas, Florida for a long weekend with friends and relatives. We'd never been there before and absolutely loved it. It was very much "old Florida" to me. NO condos, high rises, no big nightclubs, fancy restaurants......just gorgeous beaches and houses and friendly, down-to-earth people. *sigh*

Here are some pictures in no particular order, because as y'all know....Blogger is a bitch about uploading pictures. Grrrrrrrr.....











Dining room table ready for shrimp boil


The shell on the right is to hold cocktail sauce.


The most adorable liquor store EVER:
Honey Hole Liquors














Loved this shop....


Rainy day shelling


17 comments:

  1. What a great weekend getaway!

    Ur so brootiful! :-) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. prettyface: it REALLY was!!!!

    hee hee...yeah, I'm lookin' good in that raincoat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are right, that looks like the cutest liquor store ever. I want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me miss the beach! Looks like you had fun with the liquor store and all! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JAT: It was even more cute inside! and the woman who was running it was so friendly. :)

    dejoni: I LOVE the beach! Yeah, the liquor store was the place for me....a non-drinker....to be. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ocean looks so nice in your pictures...we are ready to go back...lol. I think its too soon to take Mom back ( the drive) and she wont fly. Probably in a couple months if she seems up to it. I think its always fun to go away but its always great to come home too.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect get-a-way. As prettyface said you are beautiful and look very happy. What did ya'll drink?? Now that is the best part of the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catch: the ocean was so beautiful and yesterday as such a crisp, clear day. :) I hope you can get back to the beach soon and that your Mom is well enough to make the trip with you. :)

    ....and I know what you mean about getting back home. ;-)

    Gulf Coast: Thank you! It was a perfect get-away. It was so nice to be invited. :)

    Well.....some people drank wine...but I don't drink. So for me the answer would be: sweet tea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pictures they are just beautiful! so glad you got away and had some fun.. you deserve it..
    francine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francine: Thanks! and thanks so much for the nice compliment about the pictures. I took a few, my oldest daughter took the best ones (she's multi-talented) and my husband took the one of me and my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, and I love that liquor store more than I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lola: Thanks! :) Wish I had pictures of the inside of the liquor store...it was even better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure what you mean about moving things in a different direction but, um.

    i love the photos you post. I love seeing you and your exotic trophy wife life.

    and seeing you with your daughters. I bet you all have the best time.

    you girls are so pretty. and they get their looks from mom. ;)

    these photos were breath taking.

    I loved them, it was like going on a vacation, only not.

    you are doing a public service here Pissy, showing us this life you lead. One can never see enough home decorating or new aprons or insides of make up bags.

    and I mean that!

    :)

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pissy, have you been drinking? It's JAG :-)

    And she was probably drunk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the shells dont do anything for me but you sure are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holly: thank you so much for your very supportive and thoughtful comment.

    I appreciate it.....and you taking the time to leave it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the ocean...love sea shells..love that first picture..a lot

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!