Sunday, June 7, 2009

700th post?!?!? Seriously????

and for such an auspicious occasion what do I post?

Why, a photo of my new and newly decorated cubbies from Ikea.

Love 'em don't 'cha?



oh, and next to the cubbies is my
$49 dollar wicker dining chair also from Ikea.

C'mon.

You can't expect much of a post at 1:14 a.m.
after I've been at the Earth Wind and Fire/Chicago concert
since 7:00 pm. can you?



(don't ask me why that test above the picture is underlined because I have NO idea)

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on 700 posts.. I am coming up to 1,000!
    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Thanks! A 1,000??? Amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pissy!

    Welcome back, hope you had a wonderful time at that concert and remembered where you had stuck your groove thang in that move of yours.

    How's the place coming?! And, yes, I am lusting after your cubbies...twisted as that may be. Congrats on the massive number of sharings...you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 700! That's great! And I do love those cubbies...love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly: Thanks! Oh, yeah girl! I found my groove thang and shook it right there at the concert! LOL

    The place is coming along great. Current obstacle: the walls are plaster. How do you hang anything on a plaster wall??? :(

    Mommy Cracked: Thanks! I love those cubbies too! I can't take total credit for them, however: those are all my things, but my daughters styled the cubbies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. send me your address..you need some books...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I grew up with plaster walls, and you need a drill with a very fine drill bit to make a pilot hole. If the piece is heavy, you're looking and molly bolts or plastic anchors...not hard, just an extra step.

    HOWEVER, go to Lowe's and look for these great hangers that 3M makes because they make them now to hold heavier objects like framed artwork..and they're a snap to put on the surface of your walls plus they're removable when it's time to relocate your groove thang once more. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackiesue: Thanks for the offer! However, I actually have a TON of books at my house in Enterprise. The ones in the cubbies are just some that I haven't gotten around to reading yet. I buy books constantly. I bought two hardbacks at that crazy "yard sale" just the other day. LOL

    Holly: Wow! Good information~thanks! Several people suggested those 3M things to me. No one memtioned the drill and fine drill bit, etc.

    I'll take pictures and post them after I get my artwork hung. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 700!!!1 OMG, I am such a newbie! VERY impressive.

    And my friend has the same cubbie. She loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool beans.

    love your decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Had fun at your place working on that damn thing. hehe Congrats on 700 posts!!! LOL on the underlined text - you're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of your new blog. It's been a while since I visited, but you always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!