Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bedroom alcove.....

is complete!!!!

I know this isn't a very good picture,
but I really wanted to show y'all how the
bedroom alcove turned out.



(photo from Ballard's online)

I wanted new art for the tiny space.
Something brighter to lighten things up.
Devon found the print for me
(the one above on the right)
at Ballard's Backroom.

On sale~of course~for $100.00!

Our biggest score was the Lewis headboard
from Pottery Barn.

We found it at the Pottery Barn Outlet.
Normally it can only be ordered online or by catalog
and costs $300.00 plus $79 shipping and handling.

Devon had printed out a coupon that Little Pissy had sent her
so I was able to get an additional percentage off.


(photo from Pottery Barn online)


This brought the cost down to
$128.00!!!!

MAJOR score!!!

Then I went online to order the slipcover for the headboard.
They were on clearance.

Colors and sizes were very limited.

I was SO fortunate in that I was able to get
the size I needed in the color I wanted
for only $79.00!

After shipping it was $100.00

So I was able to get the EXACT upholstered headboard I
wanted with the slipcover I wanted
for $228.00 when normally
it would have cost over $500.00!!!

Now to find the perfect little throw pillow with
just a touch of yellow to replace
the queen bee pillow.....

17 comments:

  1. I hate to admit this... I could possibly have to turn in my ManCard... but I shopped at Pottery Barn in Memphis this past Sunday... and at the William Sonoma Outlet...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes! That's awesome! If anything, you should get an upgrade on your ManCard! ;-)

    Did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did!! Especially at Williams Sonoma...

    PS: There are ALWAYS hot women in those two places.. :oD

    Just sayin'...

    ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went in Williams Sonoma, but decided against buying anything. The line to check out was too long. ;-)

    P.S. :) Now that I think about it.....you're right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how lovely...and so you..
    how you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. LOVE. IT!!! That bedroom looks so sweet and cozy and...like a breathe of fresh air!! :-)

    I'm wanting to re-vamp one of my bedrooms as you may remember, but when I finally found the duvet I wanted....SOLD OUT. Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! but what do you mean by bedroom alcove (i know what a bedroom is and i know what an alcove is) but is this the main bedroom or a guest bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you live in a magazine? Your alcove is beautiful! You want to come decorate my place?

    ReplyDelete
  9. $128.00!!!! YOu totally scored on that fabulous headboard. I love an upholstered headboard. They are so chic.

    Great job on the room. It looks so inviting!

    jj

    PS I left something for you on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Now I want to redo my space too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the bed, Pissy. LOVE love love. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... just passing through.. I think the Muse has struck me to re-work some of my rooms here at the Casa Del Shoes...

    Hope all is well your way... ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful..and I hope you have the sweetest dreams in that space. Please don't replace the Queen Bee pillow as it is too perfect. Why not sew big yellow buttons to each of the four corners instead?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Looks awesome - love the new look. I'll keep an eye out for a pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!