Friday, August 6, 2010

It was August 4th.....

*see note at end of post

....so of course I was sick again.

Throat infection (which I'd never had before....strep test negative) and both ears infected. I felt SO bad that I laid down on the hard exam table while waiting for the doctor to come in. I didn't have the energy to sit up.

I laid down again while waiting for test results and the for the nurse to come give me the shots I'd agreed to for "faster healing".

After the nurse gave me the shots ( one cortisone and one "super" antibiotic), I went to the desk to check out.

I almost fainted.

Seriously.

Like "put-your-head-between-your-knees" fainted.

I can't remember the last time that happened to me.

Weird!

I ended up having to stay in an exam room for 30 minutes until I felt better. Cold compresses were applied, my feet were put up and I was not left alone. The doctor and nurse kept coming in and checking on me.

I spent the rest of the day and night having chills, fever and generally feeling miserable.

Looking back on my posts, you'll see that I was sick with a sinus infection on April 4th.

And again on June 4th.

And now AGAIN on August 4th.

If this pattern continues, I should be sick with some sort of sinus related infection on October 4th.

I'm starting to think there's a voodoo doll out there with my name on it.


*note* There is nothing remotely cute or adorable about me when I'm sick. I just liked this picture.


13 comments:

  1. Shit. I guess you're on to me.....Gotta toss the doll now.

    JUST kidding. I'm so sorry! I feel bad that you're so sick. What gives woman?

    This reminds me, however, of when I was in DC, I got ear infections EVERY month starting in September until I left in November. It was SO weird. I hadn't had an ear infection since I was 10 or younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit!...that's awful..and scary...sounds like you might need a specialist..candle lit, prayers sent..get well soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry you're sick again. :( that sucks rocks for pennies. as a person who's had many ear infections, i can tell you that vertigo isn't uncommon with them. it sucks, but infections screw with your inner ear which controls balance. so with ear infections, voila, instant dizziness.

    i hope you get to feeling better soon and don't become ill again in october, or for a very long time after that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'll be there 10-3 through 10-6. Now I don't know how to do anything but I can bring soup and water and such as that and watch your TV and haul you to the doc.
    Does your couch fold out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! That is so not good Pissy. I hope the meds kicked in and you're feeling great again. As of October 4th, maybe you should sleep in a little later that day and take it easy ;-)
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. So 4 is not your lucky number, apparently. I hope it misses you this October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and sending you good health vibes from Down Under! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please please feel better ! so glad u fb'd me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you have been sick for many months....never fully recovered. I pray that you do fully recover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaysus. Feel better. I'm glad that the medical peeps kept an eye on you. If they shot you up with both meds, there's no way you should have driven yourself there. Next time (cause we all know there will be a next time) call someone, dude! *sprinkling feel better dust on your ass*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it sounds like you need to to a dr about your recurring sinus infections mate!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!