Seriously.He is.
I have 3 brothers who all live in the San Antonio area. I haven't seen any of them in six years~since our father's funeral. I've been to Texas several times since then~to the Houston area to visit our brother who lives there. None of them has ever made the 4 hour drive to see me when I'm there. Okay...whatever.
So....when all this happened with Mike (and my marriage), I spoke to my brother, Charles, at length on the phone one Sunday afternoon. Long story short: we got online at the same time and checked flights...settled on a date for my visit...and I made my reservations later that evening. Sent Charles the flight info.
He was BEYOND thrilled. Ecstatic would be a better word. Full of plans...just really pumped. Talked about all the places we'd go and the relatives and old friends we'd see.
We'd already discussed that he would be closing on a new house (he hasn't sold his current one yet, but that's not an issue for him) around that time, and would move into his new house piece by piece...taking his time since he wasn't in a rush.
This afternoon I get an email from him telling me he'd need me to "postpone" my trip as it would interfere with his moving the week of my arrival. I was going to stay almost two weeks (at his prompting: when I'd first said I'd come for 5 t0 7 days, he said, "that's not long enough!") and his move would be the first week of my visit. He was "afraid he wouldn't have enough time to spend with me".
Ummmm....what?!?!?
After confirming with him by email that I would NOT be coming to visit, I got on the phone and computer....doing damage control on all the arrangements I'd made for my trip.
I have THE worst headache.
Thank goodness I also have trip insurance.
p.s. In case anyone is wondering: I hadn't made mentionto any of my other brothers about staying with them b/c Charles INSISTED that I stay with him the entire time~with the exception of the occasional day trip to visit other relatives/friends. I didn't feel right about calling any of them and inviting myself to stay at their homes at this late date.
p.s.s. Gracie has gas. That isn't helping. :(

What is wrong with him? That was NOT a nice thing to do to you.
ReplyDeleteYou should remind him that the trip and plans were his idea and he's really stuffed you up by cancelling.
I'm with Chris. Ring him back and tell him just how upsetting his change of plans has been. But really..... how utterly rude and thoughtless!
ReplyDeletei tell ya i am about ready to start kicking some butt and takin names on your behalf. My heart just breaks for you bless your heart.... praying for you daily its gets better TRUST me.. it gets better~!
ReplyDeleteI stay away from relatives.
ReplyDeleteChris: he's crazy! This is a good reminder of WHY I haven't had much to do with him for the past few years. I DID send him an email this morning asking him to pay for any costs incurred (turns out the insurance is about useless). he refused. No surprise there.
ReplyDeleteAlison: You and Chris are both right: utterly rude and thoughtless!!!
Francine: Awwww....thank you! ;-) I'm about to the point where I don't trust what anyone says anymore! haha!
Bamatrav: That's what I'd been doing. Looks like it's gonna stay that way!
Too bad West is so far from San Antonio..you could just stay here ...but you could just stay here any how..
ReplyDeleteI yiyi-- Family dynamics can be crazy sometimes. So sorry the trip didn't work out.
ReplyDeletexoxo jj
JacqueSue: You are SO sweet! Thank you! ya know...if I stayed with you we'd have so much fun, you'd probably have a hard time getting me to leave! ;-)
ReplyDeletejoanna: You are SO right about family dynamics being crazy sometimes. This is one of those times. ;-)