Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Beetle has a bug....

The Pissymobile is in the shop. :(


The Pm refused to come out of 'park' last night. I sat in a grocery store parking lot for 45 minutes trying to get it to shift to 'reverse', 'neutral', 'drive' or 'hover'. I didn't give a shit which one....just pick one and move!

But noooooo............

Finally, I got through to VW "Roadside Assistance".

This is what the "technician" told me to do:



this is an audio post - click to play


We took it to our mechanic this morning....where it sat all day.

According to our mechanic, "a part has been ordered".

Hmmmmm......that usually translates to: "you're about to pay big bucks to have your car repaired".

23 comments:

  1. I'M THE FIRST COMMENT!

    Yes, passive voice constructions are usually an indication of impending trouble ...

    "There's no cause for alarm..."

    "A prayer will be said..."

    "Mistakes were made ..."

    "The check was put in the mail..."

    And so on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damndamndamn! Hope the financial damage isn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no....your fucked....if you get it back before a week i will run naked thru the yard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. arcturus: *sigh* I know...

    rhys: Me too!

    hotlipz: there is suppossed to be an audioblog where that pink box is..... it was there earlier... :(

    jackie sue: That's what I'm afraid of....but I'll be sure to let you know just in case. So you can run naked through the yard! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the mechanics in my home town used to know everyone by name.

    ...they knew my family as the idiots who always leased volvos and never realized volvos are made to BREAK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! I know I can't live without a car. You also have a "foreign" car...so that just gives them an excuse to charge you out the ass. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It wouldn't disengage from park to anything else???

    That's odd, I mean your Beetle looks practically brand new, I can't remember when this style came out, and for something major like to go wrong??

    I'd be asking TONS of questions about this one. Sorry you have to shell out the cash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my past life I had a 61 Dodge Pioneer. We went to a drinking party in the hills and parked it among a bunch of big rocks.
    When I went to go home, it wouldn't go into any gear but forward, no matter what gear was selected.
    It was too heavy to push or do anything with it, so we moved the party to it.
    A couple of matches, and we cooked marshmallows off it for 20 minutes.
    The remains are probably still there.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

  9. Pissy!!!!



    Sorry about the bug =(
    Real sorry. =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a weird problem to have. I hope it's not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, that sucks. Hope you're mobile soon!

    PS-thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I've been trying to comment for the last 2 days. The computer I'm currently using at work is running windows98 and everytime I'd click on the comment button your whole post would disappear. Today I finally decided to go to my old computer, which runs XP and low and behold everything is fine.

    I didn't know you drove a Bug, it totally suits you. I've always wanted on. Hope that German engineering doesn't cost you too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let us know if you ever get your car to shift to "hover".

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know the feeling. Rocinante's (my noble stead) ticker went caput after my dear wife left the map light on overnight. I had to ask a neighbor to drive me to Sears to get a new battery. Even though new battery repairs are minor, I hate car troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sucks! I hate people. I'm surprised he didn't tell you to click your heels together and say there's no place like home....

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have my sympathies.. Train Guy just dumped a ton of $$ into his Passat. Almost makes me want to hate VWs.. but they're SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope they gave you the K-Y Jelly when they told you "a part has been ordered."

    ReplyDelete
  18. jess: we know our mechanic well too.... he's always worked on all our vehicles and my husband has taught his son. Small towns.... ;-)

    pud: I know....I'm just a sucker for this cute car....

    j r: Nope. Wouldn't disengage from park. Actually, I wasn't too surprised at this. Little Pissy had a 2000 Beetle for 3 years. This happened all the time. Mine is an '02 and had only done this once or twice but disengage within a couple of minutes.

    tl: I think you should go check to see if the remains are still there! ;-)

    hippo: Thanks, buddy. :)

    chicky: Me too! and you're welcome!

    nonny: Yeah, blogger has been so weird lately....even more so than usual! I've only had my bug for a little over a year. I ADORE it and don't want to get rid of it. But if it's gonna start fu*king up all the time? It'll have to go!

    de: Well, we DO live in the "Home of Army Aviation".....helipcopters hover....why can't my Beetle?

    paul b: there is no worse feeling when it comes to a car, is there? :(

    jmeped: I know! If I hadn't wanted to get the hell outta that parking lot so badly, I would have told him that!

    loops: *sigh* not that weird for a Beetle..... :(

    e: Train Guy has my sympathies....VWs are sooooo cute!

    rat: I know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I hate to hear that about your Bug because I've been seriously thinking of trading in my cute little Honda CRV for a convertible Beetle. I'm not sure I want to take a chance on being stuck in park late at night in a deserted theatre parking lot. That's too scarey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. kc: Hair Guy's wife has a convertible Beetle. It's an '05 that she bought new. Hair Guy says the "disengaging" thing has never happened to her. I also spoke to the mechanic today who said that this is only an issue in older Beetles (mine is an '02).

    So.....test drive one. Talk to the dealer,etc. They're fun cars...I love mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey it's Em.... Thats happened to my Jetta twice now so when it happens i know how to get it out of park. I took it to a place around here that specializes on VW's and they said that if it has not been replaced before the dealership will pay for the part. I think thats the part they were talking about. I'll check my records after i get unpacked from my move and let you know. Glad they fixed it for only $70.:)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!