But since
I decided to post anyway.I've come to the conclusion that DNA testing to determine paternity should be put on hold for the month of December....kinda like a Christmas cease-fire.
It's just too damn sad.
For the collector, anyway....
I've tested 35 people in the past two days....one of them in jail....in handcuffs and leg shackles.
*Depressing.....
A mother sitting across from me who is the same age as my youngest daughter-twenty four.
This 24 year old has an 8 year old, a 5 year old and a 7 month old baby.
All from different fathers.

Two of the children are black.
The one I tested today was hispanic.
The mother is white with long red hair.
*Depressing.....
I lost count of how many babies I tested today.
"Baby's First Christmas" shouldn't include being tested to determine who your daddy is....
The 13 year old girl who came in to be tested.....
Her "mom" tells her, "We'll test this guy and if he's not the one....we'll test the others."
*Depressing
I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
*sigh*
Only one more county to go....

Damn.
ReplyDeleteThis just made me sad.
Thanks!
I wouldn't want your job....mainly because, I would be fighting with people (as in beating their sorry asses) on a daily basis.
Do you get the DNA from their butts? Or was I misinformed.
ReplyDeleteDamn. I think I will go have a snack to cheer me up.
ReplyDeleteYou should work for the Maury Povich show.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a lucky lady to collect my DNA.
If you know what I mean..
-checks self into rehab-
I love the idea of putting off paternity tests during the month of December.. not exactly the most thoughtful time for it.
ReplyDeleteYou sound overworked. In Australia, as far as I know its actually quite expensive to have this sort of test taken unless its court ordered.
Anyways, all I can offer you is a warm hug and holiday wishes.
That stuff is really sad, but I do have a question. Does testing ever get complicated, because of your nails? I don't think it does, but I just want to make sure.
ReplyDeleteOMG I am a little shocked.
ReplyDeletePissy~~~is that you? For a second I thought I was reading something out of Jerry Springer.
ReplyDeleteThat really IS sad. I couldn't do it.
My God how do people live like that.
ReplyDelete"if this is the guy, we'll test the others" ???? That sentence blew my mind and 13 years old having BABIES?
ReplyDeleteSometimes I really wish that humans were made to be unable to procreate until they were a)a certain age b) could afford a child and c)fully understood what it takes to raise one. And then a little switch or something would flip and THEN and only THEN could you have babies.
That does sound sad.
ReplyDeleteThe mother should be saying, "Umm, I'll take a size small chastity belt for her and a penile-ectomy for him. And BTW young lady, the convent is ready for you."
ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with our society they feel they have no responsibility for their offspring? We have no respect for right and wrong anymore and it sickens me.
~Jef
That really is depressing, Pissy. Unfortunately, the daughters will probably learn this behavior from their DNA-testing-mothers and the depressing cycle will continue.
ReplyDeleteYeah, where do you get the sample?
ReplyDeleteMouth?
I wish I could still drink after this post. I hope you can have one to make you feel better.
ReplyDeleteBig Pissy, it sure sounds depressing. But I guess it could always be worse, right?
ReplyDeleteThe babies are alive, and might turn out well. Some won't, of course. Some will be loved. Some won't be.
I guess things are just like that, even during the holiday season.
You should have clocked that mother in the head. The day my 13 year old is even in a postion for their to be "others" is the day I check myself into a Rehab Facility for Parents With Their Heads in Their Ass.
ReplyDeleteUgh.
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, I used to want to get DNA testing done when I was 10-11ish because I was like, "these two schmucks CANNOT be my parents, there had to be a mix up at the hospital."
I wonder if the results will be peeking out of the top of one of the little tot's stockings??? Because, yeah, nothing says Christmas Cheer like not knowing how the BabyDaddy is!
Whoa...what ever happened to morals?
ReplyDeletea cease fire would be nice for this month, but unrealistic. It's sad :(
ReplyDeleteJaysus. I hope you muddle through and then get on with the holidays.
ReplyDeleteYour job's a lot like mine except I teach the kids who have NO IDEA who their parents might actually be.
So many of them, father AND mothers, are in jail or "missing." In my world, "missing" is cracked out or methed out.
Freaking idiots. I think if you have to test DNA to figure out paternity, both parties should be summarily sterilized.
Wow. Pissy that would be soooo depressing. I always worry about those little kids...how can their Mothers possibly take care of them? And why in the hell dont they use birth control instead of bringing all these innocent children into the world that they cant care for. And the Fathers could not care less about them. What a sad state. I get depressed just thinking about it.
ReplyDeletewow
ReplyDeletethat's sad
i'd be seriously bummed out
go sit in your backyard and enoy your new steps, i think
breathe air
go buy some vegetables and fruit in an open air market
That is really sad. Really sad.
ReplyDeleteIn lighter news, I mention you on my blog today? Isn't that exciting? You are the only one that I can talk home furnishings with! *L*
Love ya doll. Have a better day tomorrow.
CP.
well hell...that sucks...
ReplyDeletehave maury povic and jerry springer heard of your place...? i see a whole season of shows from there..
Hmmmm ... very interesting ... maybe you could have a remake of the movie "Bringing Up Baby" ... This one would be set in southern Alabama ... and instead of a brontosaurus skeleton, it would be the paternal linkage of all these babies ... You would be Susan Vance.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better.
It is such a damn shame. People have no responsibilty or morals and they bring innocent children into the world. I just hope their parenting skills are not as bad as their self respect, decency, and birth control skills are. (Not that applies to every case, but it is just too common for bad reasons now a days, Maury is proof of that). Your job should not be in such high demand and so damn busy!
ReplyDeleteI have a ex friend who is the same age as me, 27, with 3 kids by 3 daddies. And she wonders why she can't find a man.
Were YOU in handcuffs and leg shackles? Weird... They don't do DNA collecting like that over here... Must be a US thing...
ReplyDeleteOh God, that IS depressing...
ReplyDeleteI know where you're coming from. I see stuff like that everyday too. It does get depressing. Especially if you think about the children too long. I've got a 21 year old right now pregnant with her 5th kid by the third father.
ReplyDeleteOh wow Pissy...Ive never seen spam like that before...thats just crazy! They tryin to piss you off?
ReplyDeleteHoly Shit, that's quite a comment. I don't think I can follow that.
ReplyDeleteBut look, they only had to test 14 people before we found out who my dad was and look how good I turned out.
Hot Lips
That just sucks. Doesn't say much about the human condition.
ReplyDeleteThat is just way too sick and depressing. The world is so unfair.
ReplyDeleteThere are sooo many like that out there, and they all find you. It has to be depressing at times.
ReplyDeleteYikes. That IS sad. :-(
ReplyDeleteGuys~ I had to take a semi-break from blogging...for me that meant 2 days without visiting y'alls blogs. *lol*
ReplyDeleteI was just really tired and stressed last week otherwise I don't think this would have gotten to me as much. Well....some of it would have... :(
Just to clear things up: I take the sample from the inside of the mouth. Two swabs for each check.
...and in my opinion: too many people don't have morals or take responsibility for themselves or their actions~ these days. That was a big part of why I resigned from my job after 12 years. I couldn't take fighting the fact that people won't take responsibility for themselves, but expected me to fix it.
I feel better now.
Thanks for all your comments. :)
That sounds so sucky. Not a nice job to have sometimes I guess.
ReplyDeletewow! I have no legitimate complaints now. I am a lucky lady.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get a long vacation from DNA testing. Do you hand out sterilization forms with those tests? They cover the expense in the state of CA... :yes:
((((( hugs )))))
sounds like a tough depressing job. sorry dear.
samantha: it can be sucky. Glad I only do it 3 days a month! ;-)
ReplyDeletemelanie: I WISH I could hand out sterilization forms~what a great idea!
CA is always so progressive.
Normally, DNA testing doesn't bother me. I think it was b/c of the holidays that it bothered me.
Now....my OLD job?
That was depressing and frustrating.