Saturday, June 9, 2007

Salon pictures.....

C'mon....you know you've always wondered what it looks like.....

me going to work with no makeup on....
notice last week I wore white capris and a black and white top
I switched it up this week.
I'm cool like that.

partial view of front of salonreception roon fireplaceI love this bench and clock

clients like to sit in this chair and watch
hair guy cut while they wait their turn


That's the desk I sit at when I'm not....

shampooing....

Even the bathroom is cute....notice the chandlier?

Wasn't that little tour exciting?

40 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of the front of the salon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting yes, what's up with the angle of the shampoo bowls? Either you had the camera cocked or the carpenter sucked!

    *L*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ebezp: glad you enjoyed it! :)

    curly girlie: I do too! It's such a cute old house! :)

    butterfly girl: heh! I know....I was trying to take the pictures in a hurry....between answering the phone and people walking around...that kind of thing...and I screwed up! I almost didn't post it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I was waiting to see the Queer Eye guys. Are they still around? You're crazy with the oufit swaperoos alright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rat: no Queer Eye guys for us! Although they ARE fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. look how "Summery" you look in your white top and those cute pedal-pushers.

    I didn't know you worked in a Salon...I just thought you collected spit from criminals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would trust them with my hair. If the place looks icky...no way. Your place is quite chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the color of the bathroom a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. jerr: Thank you! Yes....I not only collect spit from criminals...I also shampoo the hair of rich white people. ;-)

    shoparound: It is chic...Hair Guy does a fantastic job. He's the best in town. :)

    cork: I do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The theme you have throughout your house is very similiar to my taste. I certainly approve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. orhan: that's the salon...not my home...although I would be proud if it were....I think it's wonderfully decorated.

    You have good taste! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooooooooooooooh, I love it. I particularly adore the little orange bench and the clock above it .......CUUUUUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so quaint and cute! All of the spas here are sterile and scary clean and "zen like". Nice change of pace...

    ReplyDelete
  15. yerdoingitwrong: I KNOW! I love it too....I don't know what I'd do with it, but I want it! ;-)

    eve: I think it's really cute...just a fun, cute place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want that zebra chair, dammit! I don't even have to be watching the hair guy cut hair to want to sit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun angles of photography!

    I'd love to be a customer there though I fear it's a little out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, i am moving!! my salon has a bench with a broken leg and a 1992 copy of good housekeeping!

    ReplyDelete
  19. buddha girl: I pretty much want everything in there. I could live in that house...it's so cute! :)

    princess: Thanks! :)

    jenn: thanks! come on down and be a customer....I'll give you a discount! ;-)

    blanco: Oh! Don't go THERE! Come to us! Even though it's probably a 14 hour drive. The cut would be worth it. and we have all the latest magazines. We'll even give you the beverage of your choice! ;-)

    tc: Frisky kitty? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The zebra striped chair kinda scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. The whole time I was viewing the salon pics, I thought "I'd never be able to afford such a place, but I'd bet I'd get a damn good hair cut!" What a cool place. I love it. Every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow..what a cute little salon..nice diggs..wish i had come to you instead of dying my own hair..maybe I wouldn't refer to the color as wtf red...

    ReplyDelete
  23. fuzz: don't be scared....it doesn't bite! ;-)

    kc: You SO could afford a haircut...they're only $40.00. It's when you start getting into the highlights, foils, color in general...that it gets a little pricey.

    Come on down! I'll give you the "blog buddy" discount! ;-)

    jackiesue: It IS cute, isn't it? C'mon over from Texas..I'll hook you up with some color. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the chair! I'm not allowed to take photos of my office, for certain reasons :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay .. I am a little confused.. do own that salon? of course I am constantly in state of confusion ( yeah I thought I lived in Alabama too.. but I seem to be in confusion more) do you know anyone in bham that does make up? like for weddings and events by any chance???? just curious cute shop by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved the tour and the salon is so charming! I wouldnt mind at all waiting to get my hair done there! Very chic! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. sam: I understand...I asked hair guy before I did it. :)

    hobnib: Oh no! I don't own the shop. A long time friend of mine does. I just work there 2 afternoons a week.

    I wish I knew of a make-up person in B'ham. My daughter is getting married there in Feb. We don't know of anyone.

    Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. catch: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) It really is very chic...one of the main reasons I enjoy working there so much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Big Pissy -- If I come visit you, can I get my hair cut there? Mostly, I just want to sit in that chair with the zebra stripes, or is it white leopard spots and stripes?

    But I'm wondering what anyone needs a fireplace for in southern Alabama??

    (Oh, yes, do you think Rat in a Cage would like a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy intervention??)

    ReplyDelete
  30. arc: of COURSE you can get your hair cut there...c'mon down! and you can sit in the zebra chair as long as you want!

    ya know....Rat might need an intervention....but probably more for his obsession with breasts than anything else. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. arc: I forgot: lots and lots of people have fireplaces here in South Alabama.....I don't. But pretty much everyone on my street does.

    I'm thinking this house doesn't have one b/c years ago it was severely damaged by a fire which started in the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cool salon! I'll have to make an appointment...

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a cute little shop...should of come to you..then i wouldn't end up with a 'whatthefuckred' head..

    ReplyDelete
  34. lady k: call me. I'll fit you in! ;-)

    jackiesue: We'll fix ya right up! C'mon on down! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. jenny!: Thanks! and thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm confused. Dumb Blonde, n'all, but I too thought you scraped skin cells onto little glass slides.
    Do you live here? Do you go here?
    Do you WORK here?

    oh, i get the joke. I think.
    well, that place is very posh and elegant, way more than my house. things are purty there in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  37. fifi: I actually only collect DNA by swabbing....no glass slides for me.

    I WORK at this salon...Thursday and Friday afternoons....when Hair Guy needs me.

    It IS purdy, isn't it?!?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!