Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today I answer my own question....

"Why yes.....chaos DOES follow me where ever I go."

We'd just returned from our shopping foray to Chinatown,

(One word: COACH)

and were putting our purchases away and freshening up to go back out when the smoke alarm goes off in our suite.

Ummmmmm.....okay.......

We go out in the hall and look over the railing to the atrium below....the sprinkler system is raining water down on the restaurant located on the second floor.....the alarm continues to shriek....

My brother tells us to grab out stuff: we need to get out.

A hotel employee in the hall tells us it's nothing to worry about.

Dude! It's raining INSIDE...obviously something is going on.

So we go downstairs (by the stairway...not the elevators....I've watched all those movies...I know what to do).

We're standing outside in front of the hotel...the alarms continue to shriek....other hotel guests come outside too....

Next come the fire trucks.

Yes.

Two NYC firetrucks pull up and out jump New York's finest (or is that the NYPD?) here to fight the non-existent fire.

After today, I just want y'all to know that everything you've ever heard about New York Firefighters being HAWT is true!

I saw several up close and personal and there wasn't an unattractive one in either truck.

Of course I have pictures to prove it.

*************************************************************************************
Note of interest:

Last week: photo of Pissy with New Orleans Police officer.

This week: photo of Pissy with New York fire fighter.

Next week: photo of Pissy with animal control officer in Enterprise, Alabama.

*************************************************************************************

p.s. the entire incident at the hotel was a "false alarm"

p.p.s. This afternoon we went to Times Square.

18 comments:

  1. It's New York's Bravest for the record. Glad it was a flase alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You for sure cause drama wherever you go!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Hang on! I am coming over to NY now to set summin on fire! And it better be one the HAWT firemen that end up smokin' when they see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rat: I knew you'd know! ;-) and I'm glad too. :)

    sunny: sure seems that way, doesn't it? *L*

    dutchie: C'mon over here! I'm sure they'd want to light your fire! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok..fess up..YOU set off the alarm just so you could see ny's finest..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am glad you are safe

    as for the hot protective officers...

    i think they are just attracted to you naturally

    hot firefighters - hot pissy

    it's an equalibrium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vacations are so much more exciting than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As sunny says it's drama not chaos and anyway some people will do anything to have their picture taken with men in uniform!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jackiesue: shhhh....don't tell anybody! ;-)

    cad: thanks! as for the hot firefighters/me connection....if only it were true! *LOL*

    kc: I don't know about that...you'll have to tell me some of your vacation stories. :)

    ebezp: you've figured out my plan! to get a picture of me with some form of uniformed officer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Chinatown, not a yankees fan though. I would have chatted in the subway too, or started singing like an idiot. LOL.

    sounds like you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NY's Finest - NYPD
    NY's Bravest - NYFD

    Yeah, they're an un-homely group!

    Glad you're having fun and seeing the sights!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the excitement is at least entertaining! Yay for yummy firefighters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must have proof of the NYC Hotness.

    That's no fair. If I set my entire building on fire, all I'd get would be some grubby ole' pawpaw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chaos does seem follow you. Sounds like you're have a good and very eventful time in New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rat took my commnet. Friggin' show off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. melanie: I liked Chinatown too...and I only went to the Yankees game b/c my brother is a fan. But I ended up enjoying it....the atmosphere, the crowds.....just the entire experience. :)

    curly girlie: You've got that right! and I am enjoying myself. :)

    burr-ee-toe: oh, it's entertaining alright. ;-)

    super b's mom: you'll have proof next week. and I'm the same as you: our firefighters in Enterprise don't look anything like the ones here! ;-)

    corky: it does....for some reason...or more likely it's that something is always happening in NYC and I just happen to be here. ;-)

    limpy: *L* Rat knows EVERYTHING about NYC! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. boy you know how to have fun and excitement whereever you go. I read your blog about the transformer thing and then I heard on the news that it blew a huge hole in the ground.

    Hey, do you have any recommendations about new orleans. My hubs and I were considered there for our 15 yr anniversary. Is it clean? It happens to be very affordable and I haven't been there in ages. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. terri: Hi! Thanks for visiting! :)

    Yeah....I try to have fun everywhere I go...otherwise~what's the point? ;-)

    When I was in New Orleans, we stayed in the French Quarter at a lovely hotel called the 'Masion DuPuy' (not sure about the spelling) on Toulouse Street. I'd stay there again....loved it. NO seemed fairly clean...all things considered.

    Have fun and Happy Anniversery! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!