*I Finally Got Off My Ass

I know y'all are probably all as busy as I am these days......
but on the off chance that anyone has a chance to read this post, just wanted to let y'all know that ~as Jenn said~ I pulled a "Martha Stewart out of my ass" and everything has fallen into place.
Since my last post I've (1) cleaned out the closet in the smallest guest room, rearranged the furniture and decorative accessories in that room, (2) was given a new, very slightly damaged (I'm talking like one tiny corner has a scratch) console/table by my friend who owns the furniture shop (LOVE. HER.) which (3) required me to rearrange that area of my foyer.....which(4) in turn led to redecoration of my front porch area. I've also (5) poopy-scooped the entire back yard (that's poop for THREE dogs, people!) and (6) cleaned out the area under the deck stairs. I've (7) gone through my books...which (7) led to going through stored decorative accessories...which (8) led to a second trip to donate items to the Christian Mission. I've even (9)talked my trainer into taking a piece of furniture off my hands.....it's been on the patio for a couple of months and no one else wanted it.
Not to mention (10) grocery shopping for the Thanksgiving meal after (11) planning it and making the list.....putting away the $200 worth of groceries....which of course (12) required me to rearrange the pantry.
During the midst of all this I went to the gym on Friday and went shopping in Dothan yesterday with a friend.
As I type this the turkey is defrosting in the fridge and I'm contemplating going to the gym and getting on the treadmill for the first time in a month.
Or....watching the rest of 'What Lies Beneath' while munching on cheese and crackers......
*subtitle

What did I tell you? I knew you could pull it off. You always do.
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted just reading all the stuff you do. Go lie have some wine and lie down already!
Don't you just love how just doing 1 job rolls into another and then another.... and so on? And don't you feel so good once you have done it all!!! Three dogs poop... you deserve a medal! I only have one dog and she leaves quite enough THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving... ooo turkey, yum.
ReplyDeleteWow! Very Impressive! Martha ain't got nothing on you.
ReplyDeleteThat's quite an ass-kicking you gave to your list!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
Good job, but I expect you to renumber your entire list of accomplishments since there are two number sevens. I'm like that.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of the festivities!
jenn: After two years....you know me so well! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI never went to the gym...I stayed on the couch watching that movie instead. lol
chris h: I KNOW! The jobs just roll on and on.... lol...and yeah~three dogs...fun!
Thank you! I think our Thanksgiving will be awesome! :)
mimi: Thanks! I try! ;-)
buddha girl: Thanks! Sounds like you've been doing some ass-kicking of your own! ;-)
rat: Thank you for noticing the two 7's. I could not, however, have a list of 13 things. ;-)
You go girl. Wore me out just reading it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a very productive time recently!! Wish I could say that about myself...haha But i AM finally doing some freelance work that I've been putting off for ages, so I guess that's something...?
Keep up the great work! You must feel awesome about everything you've accomplished.
Now, thats motivation.
ReplyDeleteI didn't do any of that productive stuff this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI did manage to fall in a cold pool and get eaten alive by fire ants in a matter of 2 days.
I watched "What Lies Beneath" too...I watched whatever came on before and after it too.
I didn't take you for a crazy superstitious person. Crazy, yes. Superstitious, no. Anyway, it's the math part of my brain that never turns off. Most people with voices in their heads hear things like "kill kill kill" but I hear "that doesn't go in order" or "that's not symmetrical" or "that doesn't add up right" and they never stop.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you were so productive, didn't you feel wonderful afterwards?
ReplyDeleteHoly Toledo! You've inspired me! I actually made a list this morning. I'm not hosting or doing a majority of cooking, but I am making a few dishes. So I've organized my food shopping list, my chore list and plan on getting in some relaxing too when I can.
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy woman! I need you to come and organize my house next! PLEASE?!
ReplyDeleteHey that would be cool to meet for lunch. Let me see what my office is going to do for the holidays, sometimes they just close for a week and a half and I'll let you know, cool?
ReplyDeleteOh and try soaking your turkey in a salt brine with sliced oranges, lemons and fresh rosemary springs. Sure you'll need a Coleman cooler to do it, but YUMMY!
I am going to pig out on thanksgiving are you!
ReplyDeleteI'll see your 3 dogs and raise ya 2 cats and 3 kids. (Although the latter don't poop in the yard, my shep makes up for 'em.)
ReplyDeleteWow - you've been busy!
ReplyDeleteHey! Just came across your blog and wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week - just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking. Come check it out! Thanks!
so...what won out? the treadmill or the cheese and crackers? I just ate some eggnog Ice Cream and it's 11PM....I know...not a good idea.
ReplyDeleteGulp! You did more on the weekend than I've done all month. ;)
ReplyDeletei could eat cheese and crackers all day.
ReplyDeletehappy "whoops we inadvertently killed the Indians after they taught us how to live" day!
$200 worth of groceries for Thanksgiving dinner? Food must be cheaper down there in Hell.
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted just reading your list! That also could be that I'm still sick and can't get motivated to anything right now.
ReplyDeleteSo, how did "what lies beneath" end?
ReplyDeleteAs long as activities (5) and (10) don't overlap in any way, everything should be fine.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thanksgiving, Big Pissy!
(Is it me or should we just give up on HotLipz blog?? I saw your ultimatium over there!)
You certainly did pull a martha stewart out of your ass Pissy and Im proud of you! Im exhausted just reading your list! I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving holiday! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteuhmm I need a nap after reading that.. your weekend was as busy as mine.. whew... have a great turkey day!!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by and say I hope you have a Wonderful, Happy Thanksfiving...
ReplyDelete