I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon with Lla from Bad Fortune Cookie
She's pretty, blonde and fabulous,
but doesn't like to have her picture taken.
This is all she would approve...
She's pretty, blonde and fabulous,
but doesn't like to have her picture taken.
This is all she would approve...

part of her legs and a tiny bit of each foot....
Oh!
Oh!
I cropped out my crow's feet and most of my double chin(s)Oh, stop it!
You would have done the same thing.
We went to an early showing of.....
it was silly and fun and we liked it.(Notice I didn't say it was good....)
Then.....
we went to eat lunch at Belly General Store....
which is around the corner from Lla's favorite yarn shop
Knitch
it's even more adorable inside,but no pictures are allowed.
Here is Belly








Who cares if pictures are allowed? Rookie.
ReplyDeleteGlad it was fun - that's worht it alone.
The shops look pretty neat & so Southern. Cool decoration out front. The food looked good too. I am so hungry.
So, is that a rolling "l" in that name?
Stupid "SAFE" mode on computer -since it's still on the fritz means no Google toolbar with spell checker. Excuse the apparent lack of literacy on my behalf. (worht)
ReplyDeleteHee!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had an absolutely stunning time as well - we must do it again. And your "Mama Mia" review was dead-on...
I should have told you that I was a vampire, and didn't show up on film. Or that my religious beliefs include cameras stealing a part of my soul. If I thought that you could have cropped out my flaws, I would have gladly agreed - but I'm not sure there's that much PhotoShop! :)
I don't know about you, but I've been humming ABBA songs all day....
Bubba, Schecky, and Reba the WonderPup all say "hi", and "thank you for playing with LLA today"
Rat: Normally? I would have taken a chance with the pictures, but Lla actually KNOWS the people there. LOL
ReplyDeleteYep, the shops are pretty neat and so Southern, but still very cool. The food was tas-tee!
Oh, I know you know how to spell. Don't worry about it! ;-)
Lla: We must! So glad you agreed with my review! ;-)
Right....vampire...which would explain you being outside in the middle of the day...uh huh. LOL
I'm gonna email you the picture of you that I took. It's really cute! You're so silly!
Oh, yeah! I'm already looking for an ABBA greatest hits CD! LOL
Please tell Bubba, Shecky and Reba that I said "hi" and that they are all very welcome. :)
and a good time was had by all...
ReplyDeletejackiesue: yeah, it really was! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, can't believe you chopped a picture of yourself. You look so pretty either way :)
ReplyDeleteMy wife wants to see "Mamma Mia!" but I'm going to make sure we wait until the DVD comes out. That way I can quietly go watch something in another room if I can't take it anymore. :)
ReplyDeleteThose cupcakes look awesome.
ReplyDeletePissy...you look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteNever turn down a cupcake. It's like Prozac. Always makes me smile. :)
Belly looks kind of like Potbelly's. Only the food looks better at Belly's. Glad you had fun. It's always fun to meet a fellow blogger.
ReplyDeletecool! What is with people who won't let their picture be taken?? LOL
ReplyDeleteYou do NOT have double chin. I have seen you in person. Silly woman!
Despite the fact you are skinnier than me, I' still your friend.
Nowhere NEAR as lovely! lol But glad you are back because I live vicariously through you! HUGS
ReplyDeleteorhan: awwww...thanks, sweetie
ReplyDeleteajooja: I think you'd have a good time making fun of the guys in the movie. ;-)
pure evyl: Don't they?!?!? :)
dejoni: thanks! I already take Prozac everyday, so the cupcake would have been over kill. ;-)
pud: the food I had was great! :) It IS always fun to meet a fellow blogger. :)
crab: I KNOW! What's up with that?!?!? LOL
yeah, yeah....whatever! You're young and beautiful and I'm still YOUR friend. ;-)
lori: You need to come down South so we can hang out! :)
awww, I tried to watch 10 seconds of pirated mama mia online and couldn't take it. Which is sad, because I wanted to see it sooooo bad.
ReplyDeleteFYI- those yellow ball flowers are called billy balls. Ha!
Lla looks like she has a very clean car. I'm very suprised that you ladies didn't opt to see The Dark Knight instead. ;)
ReplyDeletejmeped: Billy balls?!?!? That's FUNNY! ha!
ReplyDeleteLla and I went to see "Mama Mia" expecting about what we got. So we weren't disappointed. ;-)
corky: We both wanted to see "Dark Knight", but had each promised our respective husbands that we'd see it with them. Hence~girlie movie. :)
...and yes, Lla's car is VERY clean!
I think you look fabulous, darling. Of course you crop. You're over 18.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going to pass on Mama Mia. I have a feeling I would be laughing really loudly for all the wrong reasons.
lola: Thanks....and uh, yeah...I SO am....so are both of my daughters, for that matter! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI must say: Lla and I laughed for the wrong reasons at certain points in the movie....but for us..that was part of the fun. LOL
great pics! sounds like a great day... I am looking forward to that movie... looked hilarious...
ReplyDeleteJ/
goteeman: Thanks! it was a fun day!
ReplyDelete...and the movie was cute and silly....worth seeing for five bucks! ;-)
The 'making a movie out of a musical' trend is killing me lately. Especially since I work with folks who belt out musicals up to 5 times a weekend. So, making a movie out of a mediocre musical is even worse. And Hairspray made a movie out of a musical that was made out of a movie.
ReplyDeleteBut I digress...
I love love love the areas you've shot lately. We're so lacking in anything like that here in the cultural wasteland of Long Island.
Love the plants on the steps, love how country-ish Belly is. And the food looks delish!
Thanks for sharing!
curly girlie: I completely agree with you on the musical-to-movie trend. I watched "Hairspray" the musical on DVD....after having seen the original John Waters film years ago. The musical wasn't an improvement. :(
ReplyDeleteAtlanta has so many lovely areas....I don't think people realize what a pretty city it is. :)