Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can Pissy live in 450 square feet???

Yes, she can and it's gonna be adorable!!!!

As some of y'all guessed: I'm moving! I've rented a studio apartment about a block away from the square in Decatur. My oldest daughter lives about 5 minutes away from where I'll be~just on the other side of the square. We're all just super excited about the move. My husband will stay here in our house......with all our stuff and our two pups......his golf buddies and the small town life that he loves and I'll be where I enjoy living. Many families have two homes....normally one at the beach or the mountains. But y'all know me~I have to be different, so our second home will be in the city.

partial view of the square

some shops on the square

The building I'll be living in.

It was built in 1922 in the "old Atlanta style" of apartment houses.
Not quite sure what that means....I read that in a
zoning document I found. The building is in a historic district.
floor plan

hallway outside apartment

me standing right inside front door

main living area
these windows are opposite front door

dining room with original built-ins

teeny kitchen
new floor and counter tops have been installed
since this picture was taken

I have pictures of the bathroom too, but you know...
a bathroom is just a bathroom.

It DOES have a big window in the shower.
That should be interesting.

Moving and decorating adventures to begin June 1st!!!!

22 comments:

  1. OMG it's ADORABLE, totally cute. I envy the hell outta you! What a neat place to spend time. You are going to love decorating it! And I can't wait to see it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited for you!! The city, the landscape, oooo all of this looks so pretty!! And the shops . . I bet there is a cafe to have a bit of coffee while pursuing the blogs and the local news!

    And the apartment, oh! Such a blank slate, so clean, so . . so waiting to be decorated so it can be a proper home for you!!

    How it waits for Pissy! So patiently and pretty it waits :)

    Oh Pissy so happy for you!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


    (that's hug/ air kiss/hug/ air kiss/hug/ air kiss set on repeat!)

    and yes, you can live in 450 sq feet, because it is not the size that matters, it is what you do with it (tee hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Thank you!!!! I think it's adorable too! I liked it the minute I saw it. My daughter and I have a decorating plan in place already. Can't wait to implement it! You know there will be pictures! :)

    Holly: Awwww....that you so much for your heartfelt comment! You are so sweet!

    I feel those things about it as well...I'm just not as good as you are at expressing myself. And yes, there are many, many cafes to sit with a coffee and peruse blogs,etc. It's just a very cool, eclectic place. I've loved it since my daughter moved there 3 years ago.

    p.s. thanks for the hugs and air kisses! hee hee

    p.p.s. you're right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the apartment and I hope you will too! I've lived in even smaller spaces! The best part is that the things you surround yourself with will be the things you really love. ENJOY! I can't wait to see how you pull it all together. And thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that IS a teeny kitchen. Never really realized that you're "just down the street" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Pissy,

    Place looks great. If it's where you want to be you'll be happy In it. I lived for two years in a place that was under 120 square feet, had a great time while I was there. It's not the square footage that matters, It's how you enjoy what's around you.

    To answer your question, take your post from the eleventh, reverse the position in the picture and add a concrete landing pad. Newton's law of falling bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total apartment flashback! The fixtures are the same as the apt I used to rent in decatur... I guess the realtor remodeled them around the same time.

    I liked my studio in atlanta, the only issue I ever had was with having enough space to do any major cooking. But who needs to cook when you have like ten restaurants within walking distance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. I too am moving back to Atlanta. They eliminated my position here after 2 months, so how about that! Back I go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! Can't wait to have you closer! Although you would wait and move AFTER I move to the burbs. Argh! Can't wait to decorate! Ikea Round 2?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha I never get good ones but my word verification was bigho. It just popped up like a slap in the face! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good deal!
    I was thinking just the other day it would be good if I didn't pay for a hotel in the Hot-lanta area! Get one of those couches what folds out into a bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too cool !!!!! I am very excited for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am insanely jealous. INSANELY JEALOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cut little place ;-) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry, that was "cute". The typo rather changes the entire meaning of my comment, doesn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that looks like a beautiful home! best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm confused...why leave your home, dogs and spouse? is this a permanent move?...im confused..
    im happy for you as it seems like what you want to do...and will have a ball decorating it..but im still confused..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pissy, your new digs are adorable!!! I love it and I know you will enjoy the change of scenery. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pissy! Oh, girl, I can feel your excitement all the way from there. I have to say, I adore sweet small spaces. Always have and I'm certain this one will bring big joy in a small footprint!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! It's adorable. The last apartment I lived in was 450 square feet. I like the simplicity of small spaces..

    Have you seen this website:
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/

    It might give you some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh how exciting!! I love it. Such a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that is a totally cool bit of space

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!