Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why ask why? Christmas shopping edition

*Why is shopping for other people so much more difficult than shopping for myself?

*Why am I so easy to buy for?

*Why did Gap have to have all scarves, hats and gloves on sale for $10 each?

*Why was I unable to resist buying 2 scarves for myself when I already own about 15?

*Why did the "greeter" at Pottery Barn say "Welcome to the world's largest Pottery Barn!" to everyone who entered the store?

*Why would anyone want a job that required you to say a phrase that includes the words "world's largest"?

*Why don't malls have shopping carts like Target and Wal-mart?

*Why didn't I just rent a stroller from the mall kiosk to carry all my purchases?

*Why aren't there more employees at Crate and Barrel?

*Why are there so many employees at Macy's, yet you can never find one when you need one?

*Why am I STILL not finished Christmas shopping?????

15 comments:

  1. HAHAH!!!

    You know what? I think I ask myself the same questions, Why are people so much harder to buy for than my non-picky self? I swear, I am NOT picky and soooo easy to shop for- but my Mom seems to think differently. She keeps repeating "But you're so hard to buy for...

    " Really, Mom?" No way. I love anything and everything I receive. And I'm not just saying that- Sure there ARE certain things I could really use and things I've had my eye on, but surprises and things that anyone thinks up on their own- is SO much cooler....but I also think the same thing about others.

    The group that's the hardest top shop for, for ME, is MEN. My Dad, my guy friends, my boyfriend (If I had done??!!!)- what do you buy them after you've gotten them every tool, cologne and beer of the month you can find?

    LOL- what's gotten into me? Blabbing away.

    I'm so glad you thought of me today seeing Lush! Made me smile :-) I wish there was a Lush counter/store here in lower Alabama- I miss DC for this reason...stores right at my fingertips. BLAH!

    P.S. I'm finished Christmas shopping either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!!!!! I bet you DO ask yourself those same questions! I've got a feeling you, me and my girls would have a great time shopping together. ;-)

    I couldn't agree with you MORE about shopping for MEN! OMG! They're SO difficult to buy for! Doesn't matter how much money you have to spend or not~it's just hard! :(

    I SO thought of you today when I saw that Lush counter/corner in Macy's! I even told the salesgirl that I had just read about their product on a friend's blog. :)

    p.s. Boo!!! to not being finished! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet there are a lot of men out there who wouldn't mind greeting people with the words, "world's largest." I know a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fragrant Liar: LOL I thought of that! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I knew the answers, I'd be done shopping for everyone else, and I wouldn't have way too much crap in my own closet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola: hahahaha!!!! Maybe we need to form a support group. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it that when I find the perfect gift for a friend I have to buy one for myself as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i shook my crystal ball and it said 'not for you to know'....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent point about malls and the lack of carting! I think you're on to something, it could work sort of like a valet, where you spot a driver on a little cart with a trailer in the mall, can flag him down, he puts it in a hold, etc.

    You should patent the idea, send me a Target gift certificate if you get rich from it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why indeed. I've often asked myself those same questions, believe it or not ~ including the scarf one! And I live in Florida, so that makes it all the more bizarre and unanswerable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why are there way more workers at Macy's folding clothes than running the cash register? It was like 20 folders to one lone cashier!?!?!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. As the only man daft/brave enough to comment here, may I propose a slightly different take on buying Xmas presents for adults?

    http://hambocentral.blogspot.com/2009/12/bdbx-which-elements-upset-you-most_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same things happen over here. Why were there only two people on duty at the Post Shop (post office) a couple of weeks ago when I was waiting, along with dozens of others, to post off Christmas parcels? In fact I asked an employee. "Oh", she replied, "people are on an afternoon tea break. I don't know why it's so busy!" "It's CHRISTMAS", I said. It didn't occur to them that they might need extra staff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wandered over from the sexy Cowboy's place. You had me hook, line and sinker when I read the words "World's Largest Potter Barn."

    Sugar, I don't know where you live, but I think I need to come for a visit! I *heart* that store and have to cross state lines to get to one. The very thought of a visit to the largest one leaves me simply breathless!

    I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

    xoxo
    ~vk~

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHY? I don't know! Go figure it out yourself mate... lol

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!