Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"A" is for Apple

The verdict from the computer repair guy gave me the verdict: at least $325 to repair my laptop and it might last one to two years. It has multiple issues. *sigh*

~or~

buy a new computer.


I've decided to buy a Macbook.

I've only ever owned a PC, but I used Devon's Macs all the time, so I think I'll be OK.

Hopefully I'll be up and running soon and able to visit everyone's blogs.

I miss y'all!!!!

16 comments:

  1. well sorta bad news good news..but great your getting a new 'puter...hurry back, your missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about having to put the puter to pasture. But hooray for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to justify $325 for repairs. Good luck with the new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had PC after PC, and they seemed to die or have issues just about the time the warranty wore out. So the last time that happened, I got an Apple. There's a bit of a learning curve, but I haven't had any glitches from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope it went okay getting the new computer - post a pic when you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! A new toy!
    Can't wait for a review Miss Piss*!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooo hooo, a new computer! There is nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted a Mac. MMMmmmm....apples.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. My new laptop is a Mac and I adore it. You will too. Good investment and you'll save tons in antivirus software. Congrats, Pissy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be here sobbing uncontrollably until you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool. I hate having to work on mac's, but the good side is it doesn't happen very often. They are definitely lower maintenance than pc's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE my Mac after using a PC for 15 years. When you buy it, you can sign up for $99 (per YEAR) to take one-on-one classes WEEKLY with an Apple expert in their store. (Classes run all day and start at 8am before the store opens tot he public.) You can bring your own computer or use theirs and it's FABULOUS. Plus when you have a technical problem you can make an appointment with the "Geniuses" and they fix things on the spot!

    Good luck. I hope you love it!
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm.... $350 for a computer repair? I agree... getting the new one was the way to go.. and a Mac?!?!?! I am SO jealous!!! I want/need/covet a lap top...

    Hope all is well!!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!