Saturday, July 31, 2010

Really?!?!?




Remember when this happened back in June?

Well, I happened to have an appointment with the surgeon that afternoon regarding my shoulder. I saw a Physician's Assistant that day. I'd injured my right foot in the accident, so it was x-rayed, they thought it MIGHT be fractured, I was told to keep it elevated and wear this ugly orthopedic boot for a while. They'd check my foot the next time I came for follow-up.

Since then, I've been back to this same surgeon I don't know how many times. Every time since that first time back in June (the day of the accident) I've seen the surgeon rather than the PA. Whenever I'd ask about my foot (which still has a sizable lump on the right side which renders me unable to wear most shoes or sandals) the doctor would barely glance at it and tell me to "give it time".

Next week will be two months. How much time to do I have to give it? So this past Friday I was back for my 2nd post op for my shoulder. Guess who I saw this time? Yeah, the PA. I asked him about my foot. He couldn't believe it still looked that way. More x-rays were taken and various things were discussed. Mainly that it's probably been fractured this entire time. OR it could be a joint problem.

So this Thursday I'm having an MRI on my foot to determine exactly what it is.

And all I can say is:




P.S. My friend Weezer says someone just needs to put me back together with duct tape. ;-)

13 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still having problems with your foot. I hope the MRI can give you some answers. I can't believe they've let you go this long with it still giving you so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that sucks..hope you get some relief out of this and some speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for the PA! I hope that if it IS broken, there aren't any complications and the swelling is just your body protecting it.

    You have had one hell of a summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy Cracked: I hope it gives me some answers too! Honestly, I learned to put up with the foot issue by wearing flip flops all summer, and the shoulder issue distracted me from the foot issue! LOL it's not nearly as bad as it was. now it's a knot about the size of a large grape on the side of my foot. I'm just ready for it to be gone!

    jacque sue: yes, it does~ Thanks!

    Kat: I know, right?!?!?
    It doesn't hurt to walk on it....and hasn't for awhile. As long as nothing touches it, I'm okay. ha!

    It sure has been!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The elderly might not drive, see what happens? Sigh.
    If duct tape doesn't work, you can use bailing wire and generous amounts of WD-40.

    You also could get one of those sccoters that I see people riding!!

    Hope they getcha fixed up! In the mean time get a driver.... Driving Mrs. Pissy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sage: I KNOW!!!! I'm too old to drive. Already! LOL

    Oh, uh unh. I'm not driving one of those things around here. That'd be like wearing a target on my back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pissy-- That stinks. I am so sorry. I hope the MRI sets you on a path for heeling and complete recovery. Enough already.

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanna: Thank you! I'm really hoping they just take care of this like they should have months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww man, that's awful! Hope they take care of the darn thing and you can get back into all those strappy sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atilla: Hey! Good to see you! :)

    Thanks! I hate to complain about it b/c I know there are WAY more serious things going on with people. That being said: it's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DANG! That's effed up. Reminds me of the podiatrist I had at piedmont that thought I had gout. WTF???? Then it turned out nope, I had a fracture. I hate people sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, it is!!! That's right! I remember when that happened to you. That was SO wrong! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I am so pinching that Get the fuck out picture!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!