Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New T.V. season.....new choices.....

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and wrote this fabulous blog entry all about the new T.V. season.

Problem is....the "entry" was all written in my head, as my lazy ass didn't want to get out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to type it up.

I should have.

I've forgotten all the "brilliant" ideas I had for the post..... I hate when that happens!

So y'all are going to be subjected to a very condensced version of the ideas I had earlier.....here goes....

I started my evening of t.v. viewing with the new show~ "The Class" cute....but nothing special. My prediction: it won't last....

Next up: "How I Met Your Mother".....watched this some last season. I like it. Cute ensemble cast. Good chemistry. Give it a try if you don't have a show you watch at this time on Monday nights.


Followed by: "Two and a Half Men"....also watched this last season. How can you not like a show that has "Duckie" from 'Pretty in Pink' as one of the key players? And I know Charlie Sheen is a slut in his "real" life, but he's funny in this. Watch it. You'll see.


Then, one of my favorites from last season: " The New Adventures of Old Christine"....now I gotta say....I wasn't a big fan of Julia Louis-Dreyfus...I was tired of her from the 'Sienfeld' days....but as is evidenced by her Emmy win for this show....she's great! The show is smart and laugh-out-loud-funny.
And ladies~ this season ....for your viewing pleasure~ Blair Underwood has joined the cast for a limited time. (sorry....Blogger is being a bitch and won't let me post a picture of Blair)

And then the big show of the evening......

I was fully prepared to be disappointed in this show.

I was not. I loved it. Loved everything about it......the cast, the look of the show, the dialog, the plot..... I'll be watching it again.


Because I'm so late with this post and because I'm too lazy to write a review myself, I provide you with this link to a review.

So there you have it.....my Monday night t.v. favorites....for now, anyway.

20 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the Julia Dreyfus show , not seen it yet...I will try Studio 60 on your suggestion. Oh and btw...I'm your vehicle baby...heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I'm totally digging "Studio 60" also. It did get the best reviews of the new season. Not that I put much stock in reviews but it is what made me tune in. I love everyone in the cast and if they keep the writing as sharp as last night it will have definite longevity.

    Prior to that I watched all two hours of "Deal or No Deal". My eight year old loves it. I played the lucky case game, but lost (dammit). I did record HIMYM, watched since last season. Tuned in the first time because Allyson Hannigan and the whole Buffy connection. Stayed for Neil Patrick Harris-he is so underrated.

    Tonight will be "House" and then I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch Studio 60, but I watched the comedies, and I agree with you 100%.

    We could totally hang out and watch TV together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pissy, you woke up not long after I went to bed. I wish I could fall asleep before 230AM but it rarely happens.

    There is a show called "How I Met Your Mother"? What network/channel is it on? The title sounds like the start of a nasty insult.

    And "Two and a Half Men"? Well, Arcturus will let that one go.

    Oh, yes, re.prev. entry, Flippo doesn't usually eat Ramen. He's more a filet mignon kinda hippo. He's more high maintenance than he looks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often write a good blog in my mind while laying in bed. Then when I go to actually type it I can not even remember the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard The New Adventures of Old Christine was good. I may have to check it out. I'm not much for having a lot of favorite shows. I tend to channel flip or I go out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all write awesome blog posts in our heads in bed only to lose every ounce of it when we wake. So frustrating!

    I haven't seen anyof those shows and given my current addictions I'm not sure I could fit them into the tv schedule, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love studio 60...smart writing, great cast and good time slot..(till it comes against cowboys on monday night football)...
    i wanted to see smith tonight..but it comes up against boston legal..and no one is making me miss boston legal...smart writing, great cast and too bad smith...good time slot..
    i like all the comedies so far...but im also watching dancing with stars because emmett smith is on ...he's a dancing fool....

    ReplyDelete
  9. jerr: So, will you take me anywhere I want to go...? heehee ;-)

    Julia's show is really funny~I promise! and Studio 60? Great!

    nonny: Yeah, Studio 60 lived up to all the hype....I was surprised.

    As for HIMYM...isn't Allyson Hannigan great on there? And Neil Patrick Harris~very underrated.

    mr fab: We should! I'll bring snacks!

    arcturus: HIMYM is on CBS...Monday nights...7:30 this week. Check your local listings.

    So Flippo is a meat and potatoes man, huh? I'll remember that!

    Two and a Half Men.....get your mind outta the gutter, Arc! ;-)

    mimi: I know! I hate when that happens!

    pud: I think you'd like it. and it's only 30 mins long so you could still go out! ;-)

    signgurl: I think we do too! I know what you mean about current addictions...I'm trying not to take on any new shows this season. Well, nothing that conflicts with something I already watch...let's put it that way! ;-)

    hippo: I've actually heard that's a good show. When does it come on?

    jackiesue: I've seen Boston Legal a few times....it conflicts with Nip/Tuck which I'm addicted to. I'm going back to Dancing with the Stars after they weed our some of the lame dancers. Emmett Smith is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen any of the shows you reviewed. I already watch waaaay too much tv to be adding anything else to my line up. I watched three hours in a row last night: House, Law & Order CI, and Law & Order SVU. Then because I sat on my ass so long, I made myself put in my "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd and walk 2 miles. It felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you on every single one of those shows except The Class. I really liked it! I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. kc: You go, girl! walking after t.v. watching for three hours....must be special points for that somewhere!

    I watched Criminal Intent last night~ so intense, so creepy, so knew-it-was-gonna-be-that-chick...her father was too obivious.

    Loved it anyway!

    e: I thought The Class was cute. I just don't it's going to hold up in the ratings. Unless people have it on anyway while waiting for the other shows to come on....

    That girl with the hat? Precious!

    The girl. Not the hat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beady: wasn't it great!!!

    catch: I love Two and a Half Men! Two of my favorites on there are the house keeper and the son...and their mother/grandma....ok...I like everybody! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved studio 60 too...I can't wait to see how these different storylines work out. It's so nice to hear Matthew Perry speak without the "friends" emphasis (?). Could that BE anymore dated? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. chicky: I KNOW! (said with 'Monica' emphasis hee hee!) it was kinda weird to hear him speak like a normal person.

    I do love the show and hope it continues to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for new episodes of Lost, The Office and My Name Is Earl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. orhan: Lost starts sometime in early October. I read that there are only going to be 6 new episodes....no repeats. Then starting again in February, there would be 16 more episodes~again....no repeats. Hmmmmmm.....

    Earl and The Office are starting this week, I think.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, now I'm going to catch the repeat of Studio 60 (they repeat the episodes on Bravo.) I missed the first one, but since you liked it, I bet it's worth a try. :)

    And I can't tell you how many ideas I've lost because I didn't write them down right away!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!