
First, I bought this fabulous dress today at TJ Maxx....

No. I didn't really need it, but it only cost.....


No. I didn't really need it, but it only cost.....

$5.00!!!!
and look at the original retail price
It fits me, but if it looks better on GaBelle or Little Pissy,
I'll let one of them have it.
If not, I'll wear it to a wedding I'm going to on September 30th.
Second thing.....
and look at the original retail price
It fits me, but if it looks better on GaBelle or Little Pissy,
I'll let one of them have it.
If not, I'll wear it to a wedding I'm going to on September 30th.
Second thing.....
I start working as a receptionist at my hair guy's salon tomorrow afternoon.Just a couple of afternoons a week....
I know, I know....
it's not much of a job, but it'll be fun!
And think of the blog material I'll get from hanging out up there ;-)
(and free haircuts, color.....)
I can't wait!
p.s. there are no Asian manicurists working there, I just like this illustration.

Ooh, what a find! It looks cute, too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new job - I'm job hunting right now, but I can't seem to find something. That sounds like it could be fun, though, especially with the free cuts and colors.
Nice find! and good luck with the new job, will you still be doing your other one as well ?
ReplyDeleteis the hair dresser the guy from Bravo??
ReplyDeleteI met a hot girl at TJ Maxx once, did you see her?
Your new job sounds like fun - and, yes, you will have no end of blog fodder!
ReplyDeleteLove the dress. Love the price even more. Way to go!
Hope all is well with you.
Beauty shops are so much fun....you will get to know everyone there. When I get my haircut my hairdresser has ran to the store next door to get me a snack!!! he is a doll.
ReplyDeleteThe dress is real cute Pissy.....and for 5 bucks? Cant beat that with a stick!!!
Free haircuts and color? Lucky.
ReplyDeleteI want that dress!! I can use it for a wedding I hope to be in soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll trade you! I want highlights, and I get deer urine and specials of the day....don't ask.
ReplyDeleteerin: It's really prettier than it looks in that picture.
ReplyDeleteI'll enjoy the job~I'm up there enough as it is! Free cuts and color is a nice bonus! :)
pixie: I will still do the other job. I only do that one 3 days a month. and the $ is too good to give it up! :)
phats: nah! I couldn't work for that dude....he's too much of a diva!
I did see that girl you met. She asked about you! ;-)
library mama: hey! Where have you been? I went to your blog and it was gone!
Things are great here. Hope everything is going well for you! :)
catch: they are fun, aren't they? I've been going to my guy for over 10 years....he's really more a friend than anything. He went all the way to Atlanta to do GaBelle's hair for her wedding!
jr: I KNOW! :)
kaykay:Is there something you're not telling me?!?!?!?
jmeped: Are you waitressing at a truck stop or something?
Oh My, I have to get my ass to TJ MAX!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool new job! But you look great already, so really... what can they possibly do for you?
ReplyDeleteDon't get your hair cut supershort!
can we at least get a pic of you in the new dress before you give it away?
ReplyDeletePlus you can get really high on all those nail polish fumes in the air.
ReplyDeleteNICE dress, and at that price, even NICER! Congrats on the job, I'll definitely be tuning in for the latest gossip! LOL!
ReplyDeletemolly: what are you waiting for?!? Go!!! ;-)
ReplyDeletekc: it will be fun! I won't go supershort with the hair. I wore it that way for years, though.
toast: Really? You want to see me in the dress? It doesn't look that great on me.... I promise. But for five bucks? I had to buy it!
limpy: they don't do nails there...just hair, facials, massages.... so no fumes!
lady K: heh heh ! You know there'll be gossip!! Just think of it as a more upscale "Truvie's" from Steel Magnolias! ;-)
He take the gig for the free hair cuts and color. I would so be all over that! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds excellent! I would love to work in a hair salon as a receptionist, you get all the goss and none of the hard work!! LOL. Cute dress :)
ReplyDelete$198.00 reduced to $5.00? How does that come about? Was there a fire in the store the previous day?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, re. the dress, I'm sure you will look fabulous in it ...
Congrats on the new job ... now talk to me about this male hair stylist and his salon down there in Lower Alabama ...
You are the queen of fabulous bargains!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I am looking forward to lots of dishy stories!
You are my shopping hero!
ReplyDeleteSo smart to get a job where you can get perks!
Holy crap! Free hair stuff! Yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear the dirt you get on all of the salon's clients! Woooo hooo!
Good blog material waiting to happen! Only trouble is, when the customers see you sitting there, they'll ask the stylists to make them look as cute as you, and then they'll have to leave disappointed!
ReplyDeleteMy job gets in the way of blogging.
ReplyDeletejust make sure you don't get mixed up on the DNA sampling with your new job ;-)
ReplyDelete----
nice dress - good deal
i wish i could find a deal like that on a new dress for me!
ReplyDeleteYou gotta take a pic with that thing on.... I mean... we gotta know!
pud: it kinda works out that way...'cuz what I'm being paid hourly isn't much! ;-)
ReplyDeletesamantha: Exactly! *LOL*
Arcturus: Nah.....no fire. TJ Maxx just marks stuff way down and you have to get lucky enough to find it! :)
My hair guy has fabulous taste in clothing, hair, etc. loves interior design (this is the second salon he's designed himself)and is a great cook.
He's also married for the second time and has a son. :)
mr fab: I get lucky sometimes with the deals! :)
signgurl: the benefits are better than the pay. But it's fun and it gets me out~so it's a win-win! ;-)
buddha girl: I know!!!
rhys: lots of good blogging material! Even just from today! I dont' know where to begin! :)
cynical girl: my old job did too. another reason why I quit.
cad: Nah....I only do the DNA thing the first week of the month. I can remember that! ;-)
Would you like to borrow my dress for one of your functions? I'll be happy to send it to you ;-)
hippo: Ain't gonna happen.....I'm not feeling so slim right now. Went out for dinner and ate barbecue :(
Do your friends get free cuts too????
ReplyDeleteJust kidding...I hate when people do that shit.
laurie: So do I!
ReplyDeleteThe first thing one of my friends said was! "Do you get discounts on products too? I need some stuff."
After I slapped the shit outta her for being so thoughtless, I told her it wasn't always about her and what she needs.
It's usually about me!
Good luck with the new job. It should be good for lots of good stories.
ReplyDeleteYou find the best deals. We would be dangerous together. Very.
ReplyDeleteYour new gig sounds very interesting, and definitely has perks.
:)
I'll be back tomorrow, just wanted to say hey!
TJ Max is pretty coool .. I shop there too .. mostly in their kitchen section .. and well the clothes on sale are nice.
ReplyDeletei think i may have accidently stumbled into a job...no more than 4 hours a day and any time i want..at the little $1 store here in town...maybe 16 hours a week...then we can exchange 'can you f****** believe these people' stories..
ReplyDeleteThat is an outrageous buy! Plus the dress is cute too. Good luck with the new job. You'll definately have lots to post.
ReplyDeleteHey mama! Congrats on the new job! Ya know, that's how I got started doing hair-I worked in salons as a receptionist right out of high school, and just got the bug. Now I can't imagine doing anything else! Even staying at home, I still have clients that come to my house. You'll have so much fun!
ReplyDelete