Thursday, September 28, 2006

Update on Beetle's bug....

Good news on the Beetle's bug: it's only going to cost $69.00 to repair!

And that includes an oil change!

Yea!!!! Our mechanic is a genius!We may have to name our first grandchild after him!

Ok. Maybe not. But our next dog!
That's it!
Our next dog will be named "Dack".

(I'm sure our mechanic will be pleased.)






41 comments:

  1. Ooh, isn't that the best when they pleasantly surprise you like that? I, however, was not pleasantly surprised by my auto insurance. Over a thousand bucks for the next 6 months. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see dack the dog! Glad you got good news there, what a great number right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent & very unlikely news!!!! Congratulations. Was he just trying to hit on you with the whole 69 thing though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg Pissy! I think its very kind of you to name your next dog after the mechanic! Does he realize how honored he should feel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Glad everything worked out in the end. So when are you getting another dog? I'm assuming soon since you made this promise to the car mechanic god.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief!

    Beacuse the first grandchild is going to be named after me, right?

    Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good ending! But just leave it at "thank you" and name the dog something else...

    Can you imagine saying "Dack" that many times a day..???

    "Come on DACK, here's your dinner"
    "Dack, go potty"
    "Dack, get off the couch"
    "Here Dack"

    ...see - not so good!!

    xoxo,
    Bug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're getting your beetle back! LMAO at Dack. That's a hiliarious name for a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's great news! Dack is a very cool name:o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dack means something rude in Australia. Well, not by itself but in context it is something you do when you're in highschool.

    Say I was to dacks you. Well, you'd be left standing with your pants around your ankles.

    :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY, it was a repair that's affordable - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think "Dacks" just means pants in Aus dosent it ?

    Anyhoo thats great news, see not all mechanic's are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's okay. She's not answering to KiKi anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dack sounds more like the sound a cat makes when hocking up a hairball...


    *gag, argh, blurff, snort...DACK!!*

    Spare the poor doggie, please?

    CP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yippee! I'm glad to hear that your Beetle is A-OK. I vote "no" on naming the next dog Dack. Name it Beetle instead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. $69?? You mean the mechanic didn't 'discover' seven things wrong with the car? Wow, that's quite a remarkable mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. $69 to buy a bigger hammer to adjust it??
    Boy, hammers are expensive in your neck of the woods!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...that is pretty good and I like the name of the mechanic too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI! I am going to stalk you now in a nice way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on the good news on the beetle..and will you have to name the dog...'dack the dog' as apposed to dack the mechanic?
    why does dack sound like a sound a duck with a speech impediment would say?

    ReplyDelete
  21. hmmmmmm

    wasn't that a line from Mars Attacks?

    "ack acka dack dack..."

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, so when is this mechanic opening shop in Dutchyland?

    ReplyDelete


  23. Yay! An oil change!

    Probably need to take my civic in for an oil change. I get 38 MPG on that baby. What you get on yours?

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey!! I want Dack's number, I have never paid so little for a repair!

    I have a dog named Melvin, so I dont see a problem with Dack the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm back, for now. Thanks for checking on me! :)

    I'm happy the bug is ok, and that it wasn't an expensive thing. He's the hero!

    I love your shirt down there. I have to see if I can copycat you! It's been so busy that I haven't even been to Wicked-Mart in almost two weeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Did you say 69?

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl!

    www.crashtestcomic.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That laptop I talked about is the Dell Insperion E1705 - I love it, but I got all the bells and whistles via my company.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome!! Not only is the price low, it's innapropriately sexual! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yep. I got my first pair of long Dacks when I was about 11 years old.

    Nothing rude about the word 'OK'.
    But you are right about Dacksing someone. Usually when they have been left without a shot on a Pool Table.
    Or wherever you can embarrass the hell out of them. In front of Mum, girlfriend or Church Elders etc.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dack the Dog. Heh. I like it, but it's too close to yack for my liking. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ok! Ok! I won't name the next dog 'Dack'!

    Jeez! ;-)

    Actually, 'Dack's' is the name of the shop. Our mechanic is actually named 'Marc'. His father -in-law was 'Dack'. I think it was his nickname.

    I'm just so thrilled to have the Beetle back and it not costing a fortune.

    I love my lil' Beetle...maybe I will name my next dog 'Beetle'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Did he ask for a look under your hood in exchange for the super cheap cost?

    ReplyDelete
  33. rat: Nah.....he's a little too white bread for that and I'm way too old for him to be interested in anyway.

    Not to mention that he's friendly with my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  34. BTW

    i have nothing against the name Dack for your dog

    i just had to go with my first thought when i saw the word dack

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for your wonderful blog. I've learned alot about health insurance plan
    here. I've got a little site which contains info about health insurance plan , as well
    as a few other things. Please stop by
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!