For the second time in the four months since our tenants have been renting our old casa, there has been a problem with the rent.
1. I had to go to the house Friday to get the rent because they neither showed up with it or mailed it to us.
2. Took the check to their bank this morning to cash rather than deposit it in our account due to.....
3. Another of their checks bouncing previously.
4. At their bank discovered that there was only $253.00 in their account. Rent is A LOT more than that. After some creativity on the part of the tellers, the check was cashed.
This shit should NOT be happening.
I don't like playing "Rent Roulette" every month with these people.
If I have to go back to work full-time to make that mortgage payment after I kick their asses out, I'm gonna be REALLY pissed!
Therefore.....I need

Well, as you may know, I used to be in the collection business. I would be happy to have a "chat" with your tenants...
ReplyDeleteWe have considered looking for real estate to use as rental property. If we ever did it we would probably use a property management service. I don't want to deal with crap like that and I don't mind giving up some of my profit to avoid the headache. I hope you don't have to go back full time. That would stink!
ReplyDeleteKick their asses to the curb! I might be in your situation soon, it would benefit us trendously finicially. But I do not want that headache.
ReplyDeleteIf rent is like $253, would you consider renting to me?
ReplyDeleteThat is why I am not a captain of real estate. I just would break legs on the first bad check.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you don't have to work full time to pay rent. I do that & I can tell you it's not fun.
Give 'em the boot. I'll move in. I have always wanted to live in L.A.
ReplyDeleteOh Pissy,,,that sucks. I would never want to deal with renters...for the reasons you have named here. I hope you got a big fat security deposit in case they dont take care of the place. A lot of people who rent are just careless. And your gonna have to go through this shit every month, wondering if their check will bounce. I would tell them I want cash for the rent. What a mess this is turning into....Im so sorry Pissy...I know you rented it out in good faith.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks Pissy but the end of your post was very funny! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh my! I don't blame you for being pissed... I would! I'm sure you know them (small town like Atmore) and I can't believe that can't at least get your rent to you on time and with a good check! Maybe a warning?@? I don't know anything about renters except that I would HATE to have to deal with them.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking from FIRST HAND experience in the multi-property-rental business...It takes a special kind of person to deal with slugs--->You're gonna have to treat them like what they are!! Good luck! I FEEL your pain!! I even had to teach "D" a lesson or two about dealing with this segment of society! Ours is different, but the concept is the same.
ReplyDeletePut the house on the market in March and sell it right out from under them.
ReplyDeleteHot Lips
I agree with Hot Lips, put the house on the market in the Spring and be done with it, if you can. My roommates, who own a rental property as well, had this problem with their tenants. It took one "either you pay on time or you're out" chat and it cleared up pretty quick.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it.
How frustrating! I'm truly sorry to hear about your dead-beat tenants. Did you do a credit check on them before renting to them?
ReplyDeleteI agree with HotLipz here ... oh, yeah, is she still talking to me?
ReplyDeleteYou could always require them to give you a postal money order -- that way it can't bounce. And since they have a history of bouncing checks, you'd be fully justified (i.e. probably on good legal ground).
Or turn the electricity off and water off. Or send the termite exterminator man to 'bomb' the house. That'll send everyone scurrying... "Smoked out cave-style." Just kidding.
Thank you for the card. I really liked it.
Spring is around the corner. Get that thing back on the market, Pissy. The time is now and the market is picking up!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Hot Lips too. Get rid of it quick and the renters too.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThose bastards! I say we make a plan...go over to the house @ midnight...and BAM...kill em all!
And when the DNA evidence that could convict us arrives...you know what to do....switch it with Lil Momo's...
I have a whole bottle of great ass nerve pills my mother left at my house....they make things seem really niiiicccceeee....
ReplyDeleteOh you poor thing!
ReplyDelete