Friday, February 9, 2007

The irony does not escape me....

I swear to GOD!

This book....

....was on the shelf of donated books in the library of the County Jail.

(I tested there today.)




*note* I apologize for the small-ish image. I know it's hard to read. It's the only one I could find.
The subtitle is "The Ultimate Handbook on Modern Etiquette".

26 comments:

  1. Hehehe, that's hilarious! BTW, I have changed my URL to http://flaccidrock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you take it?


    ;)
    No HNT, I just had two requests and it totally fit. I was kind of surprised how many hits come from HNT though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, maybe they think some of it will rub off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the book cover how to eat properly with a spork? Isn't that what inmates use for silverware?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was going blind, thanks for clearing it up. I'm just as suprised as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Criminals need to learn matters too. "Give me all your money, please!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they should have read the book BEFORE the got in there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. I, of course, don't need such a book, as I am refined gentleman...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the book is so little because the importance of manners is so little in the Big House.

    I want to see you with your badge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll never get bored with THIS job... that's for sure?!

    So is this a job for your state or like a private testing company?!

    Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I think it a good thing that there is an effort to get some manners in prison ... America's vast and sprawling and very profitable, multi-billion dollar prison industry needs a little bit of cheer and sunshine.

    Wait, I think that was too cynical for the upbeat tone of your blog. I'm sorry, BP.

    As for "Miss Manners," a.k.a. Judith Mann, I saw her little $5000 fur coat-cladded self one night several years ago at the Kennedy Center ("KenCen," as it is pompously called) here in DC. I forget why I was there. I think there was a female mud wrestling contest that night off the Hall of States.

    Her hair was in a big bun. She's about 5'4" ...

    Check out this picture of her with our Malaprop Emperor here.

    To quote (of course) a Golden Girls line, she's got more powder on her face than the late Ann Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure that it will come in handy the next time, they assault, rob or rape someone...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhm... ok... Next thing you know it will be the most popular book in the library... or not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. there are couple of moments in the prison system that i'd be interested in seeing her manners answer

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol! should be an interesting read! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Think someone was trying to send the prisoners a message?

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha "excrutiatingly correct behavior" for the very fussy?
    ya think Niles Crane keeps a copy under his pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The reason you saw Miss Manner's book there was because it was the only book left after someone stole the Emily Post book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I donated that book. I just don't seem to have a use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, just because you're committing felonies, that doesn't excuse rudeness. Robbers should always say "please" and "thank you" when relieving others of their valuables, and should express regret for any necessary violence.

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha... someone either was very optimistic or just thought they were being hilarious... either way I totally find the entertainment value in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. sure you were "just visiting" uh huh that's what they all say!

    ReplyDelete
  23. well if you're going to be a good con man it's always nice to have good manners.
    tc

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!