I didn't mention it before because I didn't want to be swamped with the expensive gifts I knew you'd all want to send.
Anyway, Sweet Man and I decided to wait and celebrate last night by going to a concert of 70's groups. The show was great! Ambroisa performed all their hits....like "That's How Much I Feel" etc. Edgar Winter (who knew he was still alive?) performed "Frankenstein", "Free Ride" and "Tobacco Road". He put on quite a show. Marty Balin~who created Jefferson Airplane and then was also in Jefferson Starship~ performed "Miracles", "Hearts", "Runaway", "With Your Love" and some other song I can't remember. He was awesome! Bob Welch of Fleetwood Mac also performed a couple of songs....."Ebony Eyes" was one of them. The concert was at the new Riverwalk Amphitheater in Montgomery.
Here are some pictures....
We were some of the "first members of the general public"to use this new tunnel to get to the amphitheater.
Can't you just sense the excitement Sweet Man was feeling?
Sweet Man zoomed in for this shot of the stage.I love the location of this place.....right on the river....
(I don't know for sure, but I think Knology was a sponsor.)
We got kinda bored waiting for the show to start and decided totry taking a picture of ourselves.
Sweet Man was holding the camera, so he has the dreaded Pissy family
"neck thing" going on....
(Gabelle and Little Pissy know what I'm talking about.)
.....so we took another one.I tried to tell him this wouldn't turn out well.
*sigh*
At least you have a good view of his nasal cavity.
I wanted to go up to the stage and take pictures of the performers like everyone else was doing, but Sweet Man begged me not to....
So I didn't.
That was my anniversary gift to him.
So I didn't.
That was my anniversary gift to him.




sounds like a great concert
ReplyDeletethat is a very nice setting - ours still have residual snow...
i am very pleased for you two - and want to extend my best wishes
i am gladdened to know that you have found each other, and something so special
happy 14th
Cad: it really was a great concert...the weather was good too...kinda cool...clear night...beautiful moon.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your warm words regarding my husband and me. We are very lucky (and we know it!) ;-)
Fun! Fun! Fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!! =)
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete(in my family - we say "Crappy Anniversary". But since you've not met me yet, I didn't want to alienate you!)
What a lovely setting for a concert...
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteYou two looks so happy and that grass is very pretty.
eve: it really was fun! and thanks! :)
ReplyDeletella: heh! Your comment made me laugh~ ;-)
It was a lovely setting...we'll be going back, I'm sure.
Thanks for visiting! :)
lori: Thank you! It was a really neat place. Next time I go, I'll take more pictures. :)
That sounds like a fun day! I just love how we can go to concerts now and our favorites are all performing at once. It looks like a very pretty place too. Your self portraits were actually good...no evidence of the outstretched arm. ;) What talent! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, good job you both remembered ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look like you both had a grand time!!
Very nice indeed! It looks like it was a great night, and undoubtedly a place to have to return to again and again for future events. The loaction is perfect. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated anniversary!
How beautiful, indeed!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I'm glad you had such a great time! Did you dance? I bet you did!
ReplyDeleteshoparound: heh! yeah, the older I get, the older the groups get too. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI thought the self-portraits were pretty good...all things considered. If it weren't for that "neck" thing! ;-)
pixie: *LOL* Actually, we didn't remember! I had to look it up on our marriage license! Isn't that awful?
rat: Thanks!
It's a great place and I'm going to watch for future performances there. We want to go back. :)
orhan: I thought so too! :)
sam: No...but I REALLY wanted to! No one else around us was dancing...they all stayed in their seats, so I felt like I should too.... :(
Sweet, Edgar Winter kicks ass! Happy Anniversary you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow that must have been some concert!
ReplyDeleteHi and Happy Anniversary to you.
Never been here before so I feel like I'm gate crashing a private party!
I will be back, visit me at mine whenever you can.
Hap, Hap, Happy Anniversary! Those are some great pics and don't give Sweet Man a hard time. It's tough holding that camera and making yourself look flattering. LOL. He did a great job and you two look great together!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary.
ReplyDeleteWOW Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteBruce: Edgar Winter went all out with his three songs. That dude can still really belt it out and was all over the stage. Very cool! :)
ReplyDeleteebezp: Hi and thanks for visiting! :) You picked the right time to come by~everyone is always welcome at my parties! ;-) I'll be sure to come visit you at yours. :)
dramedy girl: Thanks! Actually, Sweet Man and I were laughing so hard about how bad that first picture took...I was trying not to laugh in the second one! As you can see: we're easily amused. *LOL*
mist: Thank you!
Dutchie: Thanks!
it looks so warm there.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous. I hate coats.
just me: it is warm here. I don't even own a coat! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteOur 14th is in June, we should double!
You two are the cutest couple! Congratulations on your anniversary. I wish you many, many more years of happiness together.
ReplyDeleteThe concert does sound like fun. I especially love Bob Welch. "Ebony Eyes" was my favourite song at one time.
sunshine: Thanks! and we SO should double! ;-)
ReplyDeletelibrary mama: thanks for your sweet comment! :)
That Bob Welch seemed to be quite a character....he was funny!
Happy 14th anniversary Pissy....IM glad you had such a good time and did something fun! And thank you for sharing the pictures!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had fun and the concert sounds great.
ReplyDeleteI love Ambrosia. The venue looks awesome, what a beautiful setting to sit outside and listen to some great music.
Happy Anniversary.
tc
P.S. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThat concert sounds like more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
ReplyDeleteLast year we went through a phase where we downloaded all of the nostalgia music we listened to in the 70s and made amazing CDs. A good time was had by all.
Sweet man's nasal cavaties are quite handsome!
The amphitheater looks awesome. I always prefer an outdoor concert. It is strange no longer do I smoke the grass at concerts, I sit on it.
ReplyDelete