Things have just been so crazy here at Casa de Pissy that lots of times I'm not sure what day it is...
(and this has nothing to do with forgetting to go to Geneva to do the DNA collections that one time.)
Anyway, even though I'm on two different drugs for anxiety, I've been feeling anxious lately....just a sort of overall free-floating anxiety.
I'm sure it's because of the tornado~DUH!
Either way....it's not a great feeling to have.....
So I've made an appointment with my doctor.
*sigh*
It was time for the "big spread" anyway.
And just so this post doesn't get anymore rambling and boring~here is a list of things that have been going on lately.
Besides what y'all already know about, of course:
1. Sweet Man has lost 19 pounds since mid January when he quit drinking wine.
2. I, on the other hand, have probably gained 10 pounds since the tornado. Because comfort foods are...well....comforting. (I'm thinking about eating a donut as I type this...)
3. We got the news on Monday (the 12th) that the repairs on my Beetle might be finished by April 1st.
My poor little car the day of the tornado
My poor little car the day of the tornado4. I don't think I told y'all that it was towed to Montgomery to the VW dealership for repair. It's not only getting the windshield and window replaced, it's also getting a new paint job.
There was even glass in the air conditioner vents...
We don't have any pine trees in our yard.
There was even glass in the air conditioner vents...
We don't have any pine trees in our yard.5. Because of the Beetle being in Montgomery, I'm driving a rental car. It's an '07 Nissan Altima. You push a button to start the ignition and to turn it off.
6. That freaks me out. It just feels wrong somehow....
7. I've been involved in an on-going battle of emails and ebay messages with a "buyer" of an item I had listed.
8. All I can say is: it's a good thing she lives on the west coast or there'd be some bitch slapping going on.
By one of my friends.
Not me.
I don't get into physical altercations. I'm too old.
But I'm not above encouraging physical altercations when someone has pissed me off as much as this crazy bitch has....
Just PAY FOR THE SHIT ALREADY and be done with it!
....ahem.....
9. Our insurance company is going to pay me for "lost wages" for the two afternoons I couldn't work at the salon because of my "injury" as a result of the car accident.
10. Due to this, I have informed Hair Guy that I am to be referred to as "the manager of the salon with a $75,000.00 per year salary" when the insurance company calls.
So, what's been going on with y'all?
P.S. Did anybody see the NBC nightly news tonight? If you did, the community college which was shown and where the displaced EHS students will finish the school year, is the one where Sweet Man teaches. And the elementary school where the displaced grade school kids will go, is the one up the street from me.

19 lbs in TWO MONTHS?! How much wine was he drinking?! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to say this and take it for what it's worth...
You have been handed a whole lot of stressful crappola recently, Pissy. How could you NOT be filled with anxiety?! If your poor little car is any indication of the level of disruption to your "normalcy"... I don't know. I'm just really speechless.
I can say though, from experience and you know... take care of yourself and deal with the shit that comes along with it. It will take time, but eventually your brain and life and surroundings will not be nearly so stressful.
You know where to find me if you need to vent. I'm so sorry...
As for eBay, leave a negative comment, file a non-paying bidder's report, and relist!! Assholes!
eve: he was drinking ALOT of wine and has not only cut that out completely, but has also cut back on his food intake and started walking/jogging daily. Keep in mind: this is a guy who used to run at least 3 marathons a year. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your thoughts on my situation...I know you've been through a natural disaster...I remember what happened to you and your family. That was HORRIBLE!
My little car is NOTHING compared to what I have to see everyday when I drive up the street. It looks like a bomb was dropped. An entire block of houses leveled....the skyline changed due to the woods we lost in our neighborhood....and that's just here by my house. There are pockets of disaster areas all over town...
It's surreal...to say the least. :(
As for eBay...I filed a dispute. I have to leave it up for 7 days.
I didn't respond to the last two emails the nut sent me.
Not worth my time.
Whew! I can understand those drugs! The big spread cracked me up!
ReplyDeletebutterfly girl: yeah, you probably need some of those drugs yourself right about now, huh? ;-)
ReplyDeleteoh it's the wine...why didn't I think of that?
ReplyDeleteI'll take a California Earthquake over a Tornado any day.
sorry about the bug.
Glad no one was hurt at Su Casa.
Glad nobody got hurt! That must have been one hell of a tornado! Your poor beetle! Hope it's done soon.
ReplyDeleteYou will get sick of this stuff weighing so heavily on you.
ReplyDeleteYou will think that it will never go away.
And one day it will lift.
It may take time, but it will.
I promise.
So I assume that everyone has pulled together to start cleaning the town up. THough we live in "Tornado land" too and have to always clean up a lot of trees and branches and shingles... I have never dealt with a tornado of that magnitude. Horrible.
Good for Sweet Man!!! Men ALWAYS lose weight quickly?! Bastards ;)
You crack me up even when things are not going your way. I'm sorry you have to endure all of this.
ReplyDeleteI'm still hungry from the last post.
I'm sorry you've had so much shit to wade through recently, dear. I know it can't be easy.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Sweet Man on the weight loss. As a former member of the Big Man's Club, I know how hard it is to lose weight.
And "Lost"! Last night's episode was one of the strongest of the season, I think. Am I crazy to think that Jack and his father seem to be the common denominator here?
pushing a button to start a car is so futuristic!
ReplyDeleteand i'm pretty west-coastal, if you need me to rough someone up.
Okay, I am totally confused about the push button start. What if someone breaks into the car? They can just start it with the push of a button??? Is the dumb eBayer anywhere near me? I could go slap her if you want.
ReplyDeleteDon't tell me what happened on last night's LOST because I was at the theatre crying thru a very moving production of Women's Minyan. Hubby recorded it for me, so I'll watch it tonight.
ReplyDeleteYour poor little Beetle. I hadn't realized that the damage was so extensive!
Men. They always lose weight so quickly. I need to lose some weight (I say as I'm eating crackers and waiting for my pot pie to heat up.)
jerry: for him it was the wine...after years of beer~that is! *LOL*
ReplyDeleteEarthquakes scare me!
lady k: it really was one hell of a tornado! it's amazing more people weren't killed.
eve: Oh yeah! Clean-up started almost immediately. It's actually pretty amazing to see. Of course this is a small town and people tend to band together anyway....
I have good days and not-so-good days....I know it will get better. It's just going to take time...
Men DO loose weight so easily! GRRRRR!
jenn: Reading your comment made me smile~thanks! :)
bruce: Sweet Man has lost a lot of weight before...I just hated it for him that he gained it back after so many years of keeping it off. Hopefully he'll be able to loose it all again. :)
LOST was actually good last night. I agree that Jack and his father are the common denominator. I suspected all along that he and Claire were siblings.
de: it IS futuristic. And weird. Very weird.
Look at you offering to rough somebody up for me!
That's so sweet!
burr-ee-toe: If the person who breaks into the car know to step on the brake while pushing the button, then yeah~the car would start. You turn it off the same way. I hate it!
the annoying ebayer is a two states away for you and not worth the road trip it would take to slap her.
But thanks for offering! :)
kc: Oops! I hope you don't go back and read any more comments before you watch LOST! Although I don't think what I said was any big revelation.
ReplyDeleteYeah, my little Beetlebug got banged up a little...just sitting there, minding it's own business...
Men do loose weight too easily!
Not fair!!! :(
You have been under a lot of stress Pissy...too much going on and dont forget planning a wedding too. maybe you need to go to Zanadu for a while. All I can say is since I have been on zoloft ( which my friend Janice calls my crystal meth) Im like...ok , whats next?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAh the big spread...
You're talking about buttering toast right?
Haha
Hang in there sweet Pissy.
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't know your bug had so much damage. I know how much you love it so I'm very sorry to hear it's got owies!
Take care of yourself and I'll be thinking about you.:)
tc
thanks for taking time out of your stressful time to stop by.:):)
you RAWK!
I had a similar thing happen on ebay for a 1300 keyboard, the buyer used buy it now and then the emails got very strange, they requested overnight shipping which made bells go off for me.
I told the buyer they would have to wait until the money cleared the bank and I informed ebay of suspicous behavior. Within 2 days the buyer cancelled their membership.
good luck.
Yikes! Poor car!
ReplyDeleteI wanna hear more about the ebay lady!! LOL
Your Bug! Shame about the windscreen and stuff, can't believe that tree eded up there.
ReplyDeleteYour car was damaged by the tornado or in the accident?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that and that you were hurt. I've been so busy this week ... being self-absorbed ... that I didn't check in. My apologies. I hope you're feeling better.
It definitely sounds like you've got some post-traumatic stress feelings there following the tornado. All I can say is, yes, it happened and it's damn scary, all the more so as we're utterly helpless with something like that. But it's over. And "odds" of something like that happening again are such that you needn't worry about that for a long time to come.
My one and only bitchslapping incident didn't turn out to well... just sayin'...
We need to follow up on HotLipz getting married and getting ourselves invited ... I'm totally serious!
P.S. Ur getting Bathroom Hippo all hot and bothered with this food talk.
ReplyDeleteI tried to swipe some of my sisters zanex the other day but she wasn't having any of it. Hope the doctor visit helps Pissy!
ReplyDeleteYour car looks so sad. I hope it is feeling better soon. That rental car sounds like something from the Jetsons. A button? Strange. ;)
ReplyDelete