Nah....I'm not referring to that old Neil Young song...although 'Harvest' is one of my favorite albums...I'm referring to the fact that I fu*cked up my back and....even after spending yesterday flat on my back.... on a heating pad...taking Alieve every 4 hours....I still had to go to the doctor today and get a shot.
In.
My.
Back.
Hello!
Lifting my overstuffed suitcase into the trunk of my car on Monday was soooooooooooo not worth this!
I also have a prescription for a muscle relaxant and an anti-inflammatory.
Oh.
And orders to stay out of the gym for a week....
The doctor said that doing an hour on the treadmill (at an average incline of 4) on Tuesday afternoon didn't help anything......
Damn it!!!!
You try to be healthy.....and this is what happens!

Oooh, Pissy - that sucks!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you're out of commission for the short term. Take it nice and easy... watch some trashtacular TV and have SweetMan pick you up some fun books...
Here's hoping you recover quickly and nicely...
(although, I am *so* using you as a cautionary tale... "exercise too much, and the universe will smite you!" I can come up with the best excuses for remaining lazy...) :)
lla: I KNOW! :(
ReplyDeleteGood to know something good came out of this....my story can be a "cautionary tale" for you! Yea! ;-)
I hope you are able to lie on your back and be the princess that you are. Any excuse to not exercise is a good one to me.
ReplyDeletejenn: Heh! I'm actually pretty good at laying around...that's what I do when I'm not at the gym! ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy getting old.
ReplyDeleteWho said that?
Feel better! The doctor didn't think it was from lugging those muscular arms around?
rat: I KNOW! getting old is a bitch!!!! LOL!
ReplyDeletenope....nothing about the arms...although she did mention my weight loss. ;-)
sorry but I am not feeling so bad for ya, I get blood work done every three months, and once had an IV stuck in my clavicle so I am kind of not too woried about shots
ReplyDeletephats: Gee....thanks! LOL
ReplyDeleteA needle in the back doesn't sound fun at all. I hope you're feeling better. Maybe a special trip into the kitchen? Ya know, for old time's sake.
ReplyDeleteYikes. Sounds like you need to relax and take it easy.
ReplyDeleteBut I never do that when told.
And now I really don't want an epidural!!
I'm sorry that you're out of commission for a little while. Take this time to let SweetMan pamper you. You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteI messed up my back at Plyometrics class a month ago. Took a week of BenGay to get back to normal, but drugs might have been nice.
ReplyDeletePlease don't talk about muscle relaxants unless you have enough for all of us.
muscle relaxers rock.
ReplyDeleteTake some and turn on Sesame street.
...that show is so weird when you're high.
Oh, girl, been there, done that. NO FUN. I can't say I've ever gotten a shot in my BACK, though. OUCH! Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletesorry honey.
ReplyDeleteit could be worse.
i know you know what i mean
~snicker~
Sounds rough, hope things get back to normal soon. Tell the doggies (and Dad, heh) hello from me. Did you do the design for your blog header yourself? If so thats pretty good! Talk to you later.
ReplyDelete-P.
That's no fun. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteIf you stay out of the sun and remain sitting you can avoid muscle pulls AND skin cancer.
ReplyDeleteThat's why I spend my free time in bars.
WOW I just reread my comment it wasn't suppose to sound that "pissy" haha! Hope you're doing OK :) Maybe next time we can carpool to get shots together! I'll give you my lollipop
ReplyDeletethat sucks bad
ReplyDeleteif i were there i would offer to provide massage for an extended period...
but i will have to just send good thoughts instead
do you do massage regularly? it should be part of your exercise program - shit happens to muscles as you tone and stress them
You try to be healthy.....and this is what happens!
ReplyDeleteThat's why I drink so much.
Get better, sweetie!
So sorry to hear about your back, hope the needle doesn't prick you too much. Take care now, 'ya hear!
ReplyDeleteAnother reason why I don't work out! Hope your back feels better really soon.
ReplyDeleteI have a fucked up back, too. Have for a while now. C'mon over and have a beer with me and we'll sit and bitch our backs together and then do all sorts of shit we shouldn't like dance because it's bad for your back.
ReplyDelete