Monday, October 15, 2007

Octoberfest in Hell


I've been to the biggest Octoberfests of them all.....yeah...the one in Munich.

The scene there was pretty much like the one pictured above.

Then...*sigh*..... there's the one I went to Saturday night.

It was held at the home of a couple of faculty members....both nice people.

However....it was literally my version of hell.

Picture it:

I was the youngest one there by at least 1o years (coolest by 20 years).


House decorated in what I'll refer to as a "country/fusion" mix of horrible colors, rag dolls (yes! actual rag dolls!) and a melange of family photos on the walls of every room. All in different frames. Some with typed labels under the glass to identify the people in the photos. (Kill me now!)

Football on television in BOTH rooms

No tasty snacks

Women wearing 'mom' jeans and/or polyester as part of their ensemble.

Football on television in BOTH rooms.

Did I say that already? Well, that's because it bears repeating.

I don't even watch football on television at my own house...where we have two flat screens in beautifully decorated rooms...but I'm gonna watch it on a 19 inch t.v. in a room decorated with birdhouses, rag dolls and three different colors on the wall? With a bakers rack blocking one side of the French doors?

I don't think so.

It was so bad, that before half time, Sweet Man came up to me and whispered in my ear:

"I owe you big time for this."


Ummmmm....Ya think?!?!?!?






p.s. I'm just now getting around to posting about this because it's taken me this long to get over the shock of actually having been there. ::shudder::

p.s.s. Yes, I'm a bitch about stuff like this. Don't act surprised.

30 comments:

  1. You should shoot out to CA for my Oktoberfest. I've been looking for a hot date:

    http://www.alpinevillage.net/oktoberfest.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO How you managed to stay for more than 1/2 an hour is beyond me. He really DOES owe you big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, BP, if I didn't know any better, I would swear you were a catty/bitchy gay guy with your sardonic observations.

    I love it. This was a terrific entry.

    By the way, you should take Rat up on his offer. If there is anything he does well, other than watch Yankees games and take pictures of the female form's tropical latitudes just north of the corporeal equator, it's drink beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me!

    But won't your NYC girlfriend get a little upset?!?!? ;-)

    lady k: I was in a daze...seriously...I was sitting there asking myself WTF I was doing there...and trying to figure out a graceful way to leave! LOL

    arc: Thank you SO much! I consider that high praise~really!

    I'll take Rat up on his offer...if he's serious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should NOT have been subjected to such an outrage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Fab: Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oktoberfest without great German eats. WTF is up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Football on television in BOTH rooms"

    Sounds like a great time. Can you get me an invite for next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes. The post was funny because when I saw the picture first I thought that you took it at the Hell Oktoberfest. Then I read the accompanying description. That sounds like at least the 4th or 5th circle of Hell to me.

    I once went to a party where they had people teaching contra line dancing from circa 1850.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes!

    So how're you gonna cash in the favour? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pissy, I'm so there with you. People don't realize what a burden being 20 years cooler than anyone around you is. I feel your pain, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a Rat in a Cage I'm a Robo on a hand and this is how I look.

    Don't I look cool~~??

    ReplyDelete
  13. My SO is a HUGE freakin' sports fan. He has THREE tvs going on Sunday all with FOOTBALL on them. My sympathies but the good news is the party is over, I have lots of Sundays left (and any other night they show football).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My eyes started bleeding the minute you started talking about the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pic is how I imagined Oktoberfest in Germany. Big boobs and lots of beer.

    Sounds like you survived white-trash
    Oktoberfest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't get the whole Oktoberfest thing anyway, but this one really does sound like Hell ... and I kinda like football once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm serious! She cannot make it & I was already joking with her that I'll just put an ad out to my blogging babe readers. You only have until 10/28 though. Better hurry. There's a really nice hotel in walking distance - well, it's certainly really nice after drinking & dancing all night.

    I'm already dreaming of you in a beer girl outfit. Uhmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ugh! Did they have a gold refrigerator? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did the women have those stretchy pants on with the stirrups at the bottom?????? lol. Who in the world wants a tv on when your mingeling????? If they wanted to watch football they should have just invited the men.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor Pissy...that sounds like purgatory.......I just know you wanted the name of their interior decorator....

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohmygod! I have way too many family members with houses just like you described. It's ghastly, but since they're family, I have to see the decor way more than I would otherwise want. For your information, Pissy, I don't have one single birdhouse or framed family photo on my walls. My mom keeps trying to decorate my house with her crap, but I've been able to resist. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a lovely evening . . .if you were on Valium

    ReplyDelete
  23. How long did you stay?
    Wow full marks you owe yourself big time as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I shuddered through this whole post.
    I think I need a Tylenol.
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh dear God...you did not just say MOM jeans.

    *shudders*

    How do you do the work of the world the way you do? You should be placed firmly into sainthood.

    True story.

    CP

    ReplyDelete
  26. You weren't in Michigan, were you?

    ReplyDelete
  27. fuzz: they served German food during half-time....the best part was the German chocolate cake! ;-)

    corky: I like you too much to inflict such pain on you! LOL

    curly girly: Line dancing?!?!? You win! LOL

    whitenoise: haven't decided yet! ;-)

    hotlipz: I knew YOU of all people would understand the pain of being 20 years cooler than everyone else.

    SUCH a burden!

    gledwood: you're a cute hammy! :)

    wisdomstuff: Bless you heart! you have my sympathies! :(

    j r: It was truly horrible. There was no where to look that wasn't horrible!

    phoenix: Exactly!

    ajooja: it really WAS Hell....and I only watch Auburn play football.

    rat: What? I have to stay at a hotel?!?!? What kind of friend are you?!?!? LOL

    shoparound: no...but they did have blue kitchen cabinets. :(

    catch: surprisingly...no! However, there were some BAD hairdos....:(

    princess: they did their own decorating and were SO proud of it!

    kc: bless you, child! How on earth do you stand it?!?!? LOL

    samantha: I'll remember that next time...I'll give Sweet Man some to take b/c I won't be going! LOL

    simon: I stayed 2 and a half hours..... 2 and a half hours that I'll never get back.....:(

    tc: you probably need something stronger...like a good stiff drink! ;-)

    cp: Thanks for your support. Be sure to let the Vatican know....I'll look good sportin' a halo or that "aura" saints always have over their heads! ;-)

    jenn: LOL! No! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You can stay wherever you want. I'm not driving the 40 miles back home after a night of om pah pah dancing, German food eating & lots of German beer drinking! I guess I better start looking for a back up just in case you don't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. good gawd woman - you make me paranoid like no other.
    You better get yo ass out here and help me. signed a contract to sell our house last night. if it goes through, i am gonna need decorating assistance in the next 4-5 weeks.
    pack you big 'ole pink bags and head west!
    better yet, I'll just bring you back with me from atlanta next month.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would have been outside all day. Breathing...

    was there wine?

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!