Monday, July 28, 2008

As a semi-pro shopper and a mother....


I was both impressed and proud when Little Pissy
informed me that she owns...

drum roll please.....

78 dresses

yes.

78.

.....and she wears them all.

23 comments:

  1. Can I just say...DAYUM!!! LOL!! I think I have three...I'd better get shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own one...and it's strictly for around the house. I do own a skirt though. Other than that...I don't do dresses.

    Now, 78 dresses but how many shoes? Cause that's where I would be enamored. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is something! I need only two hands to count how many I have. I wonder if southern women wear dresses more often than northern women? Has anyone done a poll? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!...I don't own a dress...I have tops and bottoms but no dresses..I don't think other than when my kids got married and bought a dress, I have worn a dress since the 60's..but I have one of the largest collections of tshirts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. In response to just another girl, I'm a northern girl and wear dresses and skirts more than pants. I even have casual dresses and skirts for the weekends.

    In response to the 78 dresses, I'd have about half of that if I was the same size I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't counted. I live in dresses and skirts during hot months. Especially here in the south. I'm pretty sure it's no where near 78! As of late I am starting to notice my thighs touch and when it's really hot it's not hot if you know what I mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you proud. I am starting to embrace the dress again. This summer I have started wearing dresses to work...almost daily. Not only are the fabulous...but most hide my expanding waist.
    I say YES to the return of the dress in the workplace.
    Show them legs ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy dresses, Pissy! I have only recently purchased one dress. I'm easing into things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending this post to my sister, Lil Sis. She and her two girls are power shoppers to the ninth degree and will likely worship Little Pissy. Her two kids are 2 1/2 and 9.

    The 9 year old pushed for recycling bins when she was in 1st grade. She read the riot act to my sister about 'saving the world.' My sister finally said, "Ok, Em. But buying all of those bins will certainly eat into our monthly show budget."

    Em's response? "Hrumph. Let's just start with one."

    Apple. Tree. That's how they roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, that doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that she counted them! That makes me want to count my own dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I have none but a million skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha It's true. And for the record- these are only dresses from the last two years (unless they're like Anthropolgogie/won't go out of style or really expensive) that I wear often, still fit, etc. Jill - counted them because I came home from a designer boutique sale with seven to which Austin was like SERIOUSLY - how many do you have/how many do you need? WE counted... he thinks I should be done buying now...

    I will say - weddings caused the spike (LOTS of weddings/same people/different dress for each event including couples showers, engagement parties, bachelorette parties, etc.). AND I, like Curly Glamour Girlie, have casual dresses for the weekend; I also wear dresses to work EVERY day, I wear them out every weekend, etc. So really... I should probably buy more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jesus!

    Like some of the commenters above, I don't own one dress either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pissy:

    I really like your blog, I am glad you brought it back.

    My wee daughter (who is five) just loooooved dresses last summer. She had like 13.

    But this year, she has abandoned the dresses. She is obsessed with wearing sweaters. Which is a point of contention as it is 80+ degrees most days. Hmm.. kids.

    I hope she falls in love with dresses again.

    There is nothing better than wearing a cute dress and being girly. But, that is just how I feel. She will have to find her own way.

    But dang! 78! So proud of your daughter by proxy!

    :)

    Mrs. Hall

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm impressed. I have two. I think. I have mostly skirts, but I want to be her when I grow up b/c just envisioning her closet excites me. Does she have shoes for all? *sigh* She might be my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I would probably own a lot more dresses if I wore them to work everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. she wears them all...that rocks. i am getting goose pimples thinking about her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! She has dresses, you have a few pajamas pants huh.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on bringing up your daughter properly! My three daughters wouldn't be seen dead in a dress... unless they HAD to wear one! where did I go wrong????

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, but the real question is...how many pairs of shoes does she own?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love dresses! I've got from the most casual to the most slutty, and I wear them all year. I've never counted, and if I do, I'll never tell anyone how many I have.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!