I feel it is my duty as a fellow blogger to warn y'all about the evils of
"Greek Yogurt"
(this was the exact brand I bought...the vanilla flavor)
"Greek Yogurt"
(this was the exact brand I bought...the vanilla flavor)After paying $1.46 (at WAL-MART, mind you) for a 5.3 oz container, I expected it to be the nectar of the Gods that it had been touted to be.
It was not.
Yes, it was much more dense than "regular" yogurt, as the article I'd read stated.
It was also less tasty and was only made palatable by the addition of mini-chocolate chips.
As I'm sure y'all know, there's just not much in this world that can't be made better by the addition of chocolate.
This concludes my public service announcement for today.
Carry on.

Don't let your Greek yogurt experience keep you away from tzatziki sauce (the cucumber sauce on gyros). That stuff is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI promise never to buy that!!
ReplyDeleteI ain't much on sweets but I spect if you put bacon in it it'd be fit too.
Good thing you posted this. I was JUST ABOUT to run out & buy a whole shopping cart full of yogurt. I better just stick with a cart full of Guinness. That really is the nectar of the gods (for me).
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of Pud's great line when she & I were in the Guinness Brewhouse. She said, "You're at your mecca, aren't you?" when she saw the glazed over look of euphoria on my face. Fun times.
Oikos? That name scares me. Wal-Mart...food...nectar of the gods?
ReplyDeleteMy nectar of the Gods? Cabernet, baby! No chocolate needed.
duly noted...
ReplyDeletewhen i tried to get the kids eating yogurt when they were really little..thom the smart ass, said 'im not eating anything that looks the same way spoilt as it does fresh...'
he did have a point..
mix it with mouslix or granola. it'll taste somewhat better that way
ReplyDeleteHave you tried Fage? I find it much tastier. Some come with little side cups of fruit that you mix in - yum!
ReplyDeleteTHat's what I was going to say AJ... vanilla sounds hid but tzaziki sauce is the BOMB!
ReplyDeleteI know people who love that stuff, but I prefer yogurt more along the lines of yoplait whips.
ReplyDeleteajooja: I've had that~and liked it! :)
ReplyDeletesage: Good! Stay away from it! ;-)
rat: I am SO glad that I was able to keep you away from the evils of Greek yogurt.
Pud the Bud! ;-)
lola: I know a lot of people who feel that way about wine. Doesn't do a thing for me. :)
jackiesue: he did have a point, didn't he? LOL
dykewife: thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll just skip it completely. :)
missicat: I've never heard of that brand. If I see it, I'll give it a try since you recommend it. :)
alice: That stuff IS good! :)
jill: yeah, me too! :)
I like Greek yogurt, but only the whole milk kind. The lowfat stuff tastes sour.
ReplyDeleteThe Tide Rises, the tide Falls
ReplyDeleteThe tide rises, the tide falls,
The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
Along the sea-sands damp and brown
The traveller hastens toward the town,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.
Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
But the sea, the sea in the darkness calls;
the little waves, with their soft, white hands,
Efface the footprints in the sands,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.
The morning breaks; the steeds in their stalls
Stamp and neigh, as the hostler calls;
The day returns, but nevermore
Returns the traveller to the shore,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.
-------by runescape gold