Thursday, March 12, 2009

What's up with Pissy?


Y'all, I had to sit down today with a calendar and get my priorities in order!!!!

As y'all know, I've been in Atlanta a lot the past couple of months. As much as I love it there, that's going to have to stop for at least awhile. When I'm away like that I just don't exercise. It doesn't matter if I take workout clothes and shoes with me; I don't use them. Combine being gone so much with no motivation and being sick off and on...... and I've only lost 2 pounds.

I feel blah, bloated, pasty, and unattractive. Please know that I'm not fishing for compliments from any of you. I'm just putting it out there......how I feel and what I have to do about it. I knew I'd reached "critical mass" so to speak, when I realized that the larger sized jeans I bought were/are starting to get tight. WTF!!!!

So I've mapped out the rest of the month's gym/workout schedule and my fat ass is gonna be there 5 days a week! The weather is warm and beautiful now, I'm over the stomach viruses that I seem to pick up and I'm ready to do this. I know I've said it before. I'm ashamed of myself for wasting January and February and half of March. No point in beating myself up about it. I can't get that time back.

As far as I'm concerned, I started over today by having an hour long session with my trainer and then walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

See y'all at the gym!

12 comments:

  1. Good Evening Pissy,

    The thing to remember is the only way to keep the head of the weight, is picking them up and putting them down. you have to burn more than you take in, it's that simple.

    If you're going to travel figuring out how to keep exercise in your routine is hard to do. Try planning it out, a park near where you stay or maybe a gym that accepts walk-ins. Both of these have worked for me.

    Don't panic, just be persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karl,

    You are absolutely right. I know how simple it is. I've done it before. The back injury in September kept me from working out and then I just got lazy.

    Thanks for your supportive comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah and as simple as we all know it is, we have to really be in the right place and mindset I think. Well, that's how I am. I have to TRULY WANT to lose the weight or else I won't do it.

    I just blogged about my frustrations as well. I'm so glad I have an outlet to bitch on. :-) I think I'll take your advice and write out the next two weeks workouts. I need something to stick to.

    Have a great weekend!!

    P.S. Can you BELIEVE what happened in Geneva and Samson? Sad and crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prettyface: You're right: we have to WANT to do it. I'm the same way about mindset. I thought I was in the right mindset before, but evidently I wasn't.

    As for the next two weeks, I used the Gold's Gym cardio schedule and have highlighted all the classes I can go to around my sessions with my trainer. I'm going to try REALLY hard to stick to it!

    Hope you have a good weekend with your parents. I'm sure you will. :)

    ....and no, I can NOT believe what happened in Samson and Geneva. Beyond crazy and sad..... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh you sound so organized and motivated - LOVE IT! It will be good for you to stay home and get in routine again - i'm happy for you! Write it down, do it and cross it off - DONE (love the gratification from that). If I didn't post my schedule I don't think i'd do it (and sometimes I still don't - hehe). :) Can't wait to see you in two weeks - so down for that cardio scuplt class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've finally started my diet and have been going strong for about three weeks. That's the best I've done in a very long time...

    Next I need to start working out again but finding time is kind of tough right now with the kid and the other on the way. I'll figure it out though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. since I don't work any more..my exercise is walking to the mail box each day..sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on this wholeheartedly.

    Beginning anew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny you mentioned this. I am revving myself up to hit the gym for two reasons- I have a few pounds I'd like to lose, and also my back muscles feel weak and need to strengthen up a bit. Thanks for the inspiration Pissy

    ReplyDelete
  10. fbi: I really am. I just feel so much better when I work out. The cardio sculpt class yesterday was taught by Suzie. The one you and I will go to will be taught by someone else. Probably a good thing. ;-)

    corky: good for you! Three weeks is great! Sticking with it is the hardest part.

    You DO have a busy life...Max plus new baby on the way. So exciting! :)

    jackiesue: yeah, but that job was too hard on you. Maybe you should just shoot for walking around the block a few times a day. :)

    buddha girl: Thanks for your support! :)

    Rick: You're welcome! Good luck with it all. Come back and let me know how you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The larger size jeans I bought are now tight, so I'm with you all the way. It's been one of those winters.

    But we can do it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lola: it certainly HAS! :(

    You're right: we can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!