Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Tales of DNA testing: What's in a name? Edition

A man came in today for DNA testing.

He provided me with his driver's license for identification purposes.

He was very ordinary looking.

His first and last names were also very ordinary....let's say..... John Smith.....

but his middle name......now that was interesting.

It was Schezwan.

Like the province in China.

Maybe his mom ate Chinese before she went in to labor.

We'll never know.....

24 comments:

  1. That's strange. I used to work for a market research company, and one of the people in our database had a Chinese name that none of us knew how to pronounce. Then one day I met her and she was pure white bread American. Hippie parents, maybe? I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to work in the data entry department and one day I received an order from a lady and her name was Jazmin Diamond. Sounds like a total stripper's name, huh? I spoke to a friend of mine who's sister works with her, come to find out, she's an older nurse.

    ReplyDelete


  3. My middle name is a swear.



    Neglecterino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spicy!

    I knew a girl named April May Showers. I wish I was kidding. My best friend in high school was Amy Mary Christmas. Still not kidding. My father's name is Charles Manson. Ok, now I'm kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that. people come up with crazy shit for names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Greene, Don Plenty,Teddy Bear are a few names from my youth.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is funny. It might not be intended to be but I find it this way.
    Just passing by from Dr. John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where are you? you were working in a hair place...I never heard of them doing dna testing there....coome see my babies on my blog..btw.....Dr John sent me, but I would have came anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew twin sisters named Twila and Starla Light. I also know a fellow named, Dr. John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i always wondered by mary and joseph gave their kid a mexican name...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had patient's name their kids all kinds of crazy shit. We had a white girl name her daughter Asia. We've had a Levi and a Shamus recently. The best was the girl who named her daughter Aldara, which just happens to be the name of a cream to get rid of vaginal warts. We also have 2 patients named Candida,which is the technical name for yeast. People are odd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm...Asian food tastes good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who's this Dr John?

    Hi, Pissy! Wanted to tell you I went to school with twins named Tuesday and Wednesday! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe his real dad was the take out guy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LMAO @ jmeped! That was funny! These poor kids are going to get the tar beat out of them on the playground. What are these people THINKING?

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a teacher, some kids in my school were named, and no I'm not kidding:
    Alpressa Linen
    Huay Hung (way hung)
    Crystal Chandelier
    Ocean Blue

    In college I met a Christmas, an America and a Charles Dickens. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could be worse. He could've been named "Poo Poo Platter."

    ReplyDelete
  18. And I thought celebrities had the market cornered on stupid baby names.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We'll know after the DNA test comes back!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. where is your LOST post? it's the day after!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Szechwan province in China is where the giant panda bears hark from. Bad tempered creatures. And the noise they make: sort of a squeaking sound, not a bear's roar. I make a rumbling-yowling noise after eating Szechwan Chinese food, so I've switched to Thai.

    Wait, what was the topic?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Love all the different names you guys have heard! Fun! I have a list of crazy names from my DA's office days....tops on the list were:

    Princess Q and Princess T (sisters)

    but my # 1 favorite of all time:

    Sedan Contagious.

    Yes. The child's first name was Sedan....like a vehicle....and his middle name was Contagious....like a disease.

    For real.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!