Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Clarification and retail therapy

What a combination, huh?

But I need to clarify a point from yesterday's post about the renters.

Yes, they are renting the house.

However, these are the same people who were originally going to buy the house.

The lease agreement states that they will buy the house once they obtain financing.

I spoke to our real estate agent today, and the soonest the renters will be able to begin the process of buying the house is March.

So......we're going to hold out until at least March and see what happens then.

I appreciate all of your comments and I'll keep y'all posted on how things turn out.
************************************************************************************
Now on to retail therapy.....

I've been looking and looking for new lamps for the den and I made a MAJOR score today at Pier One.

I bought two of these lamps














for the grand total of $43.00!!!!

I KNOW!

They originally retailed for $100.00 EACH. They were both marked down to $50.00 each. They were the last two in the store. One lamp had 2 small dents in the back of the base. The other had one small dent. The manager took ANOTHER 50% off the lamp with the two dents and 30% off the lamp with one dent. Then I had a coupon for $20.00 off a purchase of $50.00.

I restrained myself from doing the happy dance right there in the store.

(But it was hard.)

Anyway.....the lamps look awesome in my den right now, but will really pop when I (read: Sweet Man) paint the den bluish/gray and I hang my textile art.

You know I'll post pictures when it all comes together.

Try to contain your excitement until then.


*EDIT*
Y'all HAVE to go by Cat's place and see what she has posted today.
Let's just say she has given me the body I've always wanted...... ;-)

18 comments:

  1. Oohhhhh, pretty pretty. Me want!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how you find such good deals girl! I never get a bargain ( pout)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute. Me likey. Shopping always helps.

    BTW... I left you something on my blog.hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like! And better than that, I like the price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT THOSE LAMPS!!

    I sympathize with your renter's situation.
    I hope all goes well and the needed financing comes through for the people who are living there.
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice.
    I rarely find bargains here, but then I dont go anywhere to find them so that probably explains it.

    Hope your renters get themselves sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the renters Pissy. You really have great taste!

    ReplyDelete


  8. You have a stalker-wannabe-killer on your hands Piss!

    And this time it's not me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I dont know how you find such good deals girl! I never get a bargain ( pout)"

    Just do waht Pissy does and bring a small hammer into the store with you. Dents 'n scratches + 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pier One is awesome.

    We go to San Diego every year and I was tickled to death to discover that they have a Pier One outlet store near the airport.

    It's about the same size as a regular Pier One, but they didn't really have anything we wanted. It looked really picked over.

    The January sales are always better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new lamps! You are the princess of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I am the only stalker around here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want those lamps. Too damn nice...and the DEAL. Shyte! I think I would have kissed the manager!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice light

    i wish i was a competant bargain hunter...

    i always seem to end up paying full retail

    ----

    that sucks about your renters

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a long-time renter who occasionally had trouble coming up with the rent money in the past, I can understand how you feel. I hope things get sorted out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You find the best deals! I love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it just me or does the base of the lamps look like a bong? It would be a clever use for bongs that are in mothballs from retired potheads.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!