Young black guy comes in alone....very friendly...chatty.....
I prefer people with this type of attitude over the ones who act like assholes, so I was friendly in return.
After this guy sits down and as I begin completing his paperwork, he says, "Can I ask you a question?"
Thinking he wants to know when his results will be back or how much the testing is going to cost, I say "Of course. What do you want to know?"
He says, "What are you mixed with?"
Over the years I've been asked more times than I can count~ "What are you?" in one form or another, but never "what are you mixed with?"
My response to him: "I'm not mixed with anything. I'm a 100% American of Mexican descent."
We continued to chat about my being Mexican-American and his difficulty in visiting with his child who was born on "6-6-06....so he has the mark of the beast...." (his words, not mine).
Then this guy wants to know if he can ask me another question.
How could I resist?
So he says, "How old are you?"
I reply, "Fifty."
He says, "For real?!?!? I never would have guessed! You've really done the maintenance!"
Are y'all as shocked as I was that he was even familiar with that term in regards to a woman's looks as well as actually saying it out loud?

Young woman comes in with her child.
The moment this woman begins to speak I remember her.
She's been in before.
She's mildly mentally retarded (seriously).
The woman rambles on and on while I complete her paperwork and asks me if I remember her from when she brought her other child in to be tested a few months ago.
I tell her I do remember her and ask if she was satisfied with the results.
She says, "Yeah, but I'm kinda worried about something."
I say, "What's that?"
"I just found out that my other baby daddy and this one's (pointing to the child with her) daddy are cousins. What does that make my kids?", she asks.
"Sisters", I tell her.
"Oh. O.k. Ya know.....those guys never told me they were cousins.....or I never woulda done it with both of 'em......and now they're in the same prison......hope they don't kill each other when they find out I done it with both of 'em."
Ummmm.....I didn't bother to tell her that they probably already know.

Girl #2 reminds me of the show that had the guys on it....this is my brother larry and my other brother larry.
ReplyDeleteMaintenance...haha! I would've said yeah....HIGH maintenace. (about me....not saying you are) ;)
He asked you my least favorite question. I never respond honestly.
ReplyDeleteJaw is agape.
ReplyDeleteWow.
I cannot formulate words.
Ol boy is sure rude to think that women at 50 have to look like some old hag.
ReplyDeleteOl girl needs to start using some birth control it sounds like.
ReplyDeleteHah @ maintenance!
When asked "What are you mixed with?"
You should have responded:
"My fist is gonna mix with your face in a minute you no good womanizing son of a bitch."
Funniest Line Ever...
ReplyDelete"I just found out that my other baby daddy and this one's (pointing to the child with her) daddy are cousins. What does that make my kids?", she asks.
"Sisters", I tell her.
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CP.
That's just nuts.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I cold work there and still be respectful of the "clients". I don't deal well with stupidity! :)
Hey, you can email me if you should need to about the flowers for your wedding. Even if it is impossible for me to flip'em I may be of help to design'em! Most florists cost a fortune! Good Luck!
I can imagine that you run into strange people doing that DNA thingie. And all of these poor babies they are reproducing...heartbreaking.
ReplyDeleteYounger people think 50 is old! They dont know its the new 30...or was it 40? Oh hell, lets go for the new 30. They think we should be sitting somewhere knitting...hahaha...they dont know US, do they?
I do not think 50 looks like it once did. For the most part, I find it hard to pick 50 out of a crowd of 30s because people live healthier and do things now with their "maintenance" that make them look younger than a couple generations ago. So, Pissy my friend, you are blessed with great genetics AND great maintenance.
ReplyDeleteHeh, no wonder I was having skin envy. Of Mexican descent. Your skin tone is such a beautiful warm healthy color. I spend my winter months...well, let's just say the only difference between my palor and a corpse is that I don't have a tag hanging from my big toe. *sigh*
Thank you for deigning to speak with the unattractive people even when you're not at work, you're going straight to heaven for this.
Is there any chance you will be able to the DNA testing for Anna Nicole's baby?
ReplyDeleteHot Lips
wow - that's kind of rude of the guy on both the heritage and age front
ReplyDeletebut i suppose he's probably in an environment where race/bloodlines matter on an everyday basis. i have a friend from the states who's black from the ghetto in new york. he says that race/blood is a constant issue. he said we wouldn't be able to be friends there - the white guys would freak, and so would the black people...
as for the girl
why does she sound like she belongs in one of the two minute exposures i used to get to jerry springer?
Sisters? there are no words for this, well there are, but mom told me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
ReplyDeleteBut I will say West Virginia, that is all.
If I had any fading glimmer of hope that society might have a chance, you sqaushed it with this post. Seriously ... is there any reason we shouldn't sterilize some and thin the gene pool?
ReplyDeleteWhy oh why did I get a vasectomy?
~Jef
Darwin Awards comes to mind.
ReplyDeletei have got to say working in a DNA testing center in Alabama never has a dull moment now does it
ReplyDelete"My baby's daddy's are cousins. What does that make my kids?"
ReplyDelete"Future guests on Jerry Springer"
you will never run out of blogging material as long as you keep drawing blood. I can see that.
ReplyDeleteyes you were correct yesterday's post was weak and not up to my higher standards....but on today's post I have half naked geriatrics....now that is some bowl of jerry's eh?
I love your DNA stories. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteDo you think that woman was wanting you to say that her kids were sister-cousins? She would probably have thought that was cool. It could get her on a talk-show or something.
You just took me back to my days as a nurse at the Health Department STD clinic and Postpartum Unit.
ReplyDeleteStupid people can be so entertaining, especially when you add sex and reproduction to the mix.
I'm having trouble understanding the second girl's story...Does that make me retarded?
ReplyDeleteYou meet the weirdest people!
ReplyDeleteAll in a (strange) days work.
ReplyDeleteBwhahhahaha!!!!!!!!! SISTERS!!!
ReplyDeleteReal life (not reality television) can be so interesting, bizarre, funny, sad and zany, esp. medicine.
ReplyDeleteNot to rag on the mentally ill but that last exchange was priceless, something I would expect to overhear if I were waiting in line at Wal-Mart.
ReplyDeleteOMG! That girl is just waaaayyy spaced out... LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the guy! He is totally right! You look hot! (and see I am not adding for a 50 year old, because I think you look hot - period!)
Whoa...that guy doesn't have any couth at all.
ReplyDeleteAnd that girl...Jerry Springer is calling!
OMG!!!!! I think your life is sucking some threads from mine! What are you mixed with!?! You should have said Vodka. Dumb ass.
ReplyDeleteI thought all girls were mixed with sugar and spice.
ReplyDeleteYou sure look that way.
:)
Man oh man! You deserve fine wine and chocolates everyday when you come home!
ReplyDeleteSweet.
ReplyDeleteI like the 06/06/06 Mark of the Beast thing.
There's nothing to ground you in the real world -- of both good and bad -- than seeing the seedy underbelly of society in all its tremendous and tremendously appalling detail.
You're still doing good work -- I hope that keeps you going. But what happened to the salon job?
Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteNow you understand my opinions about parenting.
ReplyDeleteOh WOW!
ReplyDeleteSo many different worlds out there.
tc
Wow...um...wow...people, huh?
ReplyDeleteWow.
Um...
Ok.
It's like an episode of Maury, only live in person.
ReplyDelete...I'm almost jealous.
shopper: I know! and I should have told him "high maintenance"! *LOL*
ReplyDeletemist: I always do!
rat: Really? I shocked YOU! ;-)
pud: I think the guy just didn't know better. Same thing with the chick. :(
hippo: *LOL* I didn't even think of that!
cp: I started to say: "...and cousins"....but I didn't want to have to get in to all that with her. *LOL*
bid: Luckily, I only do this job 3 days a month. and it pays well. otherwise......
Actually, Little P doesn't know what kinds of flowers she wants. Do you have any suggestions for flowers for a winter wedding? Something that would go with platinum...silvery?
catch: there are so many of these people that I wish I could say: "get sterilized!" to....but I can't!
you're right! They don't know US!
sunshine: I agree with you. People these days take better care of themselves and do "the maintenance". There's just so much more information and products out there now. No reason not to.
As for your "white skin", I have two words for you: tanning bed! ;-)
hotlipz: Sadly, no.
cadbury: your friend is correct. :(
and most of the people I see belong on Jerry Springer. ;-)
j r : I know..... ;-)
edge: I think we should sterilize in certain cases. It'll never happen, though.
adrian: *LOL* Thanks for visiting!
kristi: I know! It's seldom boring! :)
limpy: Exactly!
jerr: I have more stories than I tell, believe me!
And I didn't say your post was bad! I learned a lot....too much, really. ;-)
kc: I'm glad you enjoy them. and yeah, that chick probably would love to be on a tv show.
curly mommy: I can't even imagine the stories you must have!
corky: email me. I'll explain. ;-)
samantha: I really do!
orhan: You've got that right!
jenn: *lol* ;-)
nonny: You are sooooooo right!
brian: I know. I'm not ragging on the mentally ill either. I'd never do that. But this did actually happen....
dutchie: she was kind spacey....and slow....bless her heart.
phoenix: you're right on both counts!
jmeped: "Vodka"....I wish I'd thought of that! *LOL*
tl: awwww...thank you! :)
mimi: it's really not that bad. Only 3 days a month~I can handle it! ;-)
arc: You're the only one who's mentioned that "mark of the beast thing"...I thought more people would mention that. ;-)
I still work at the salon...Thurs and Fri afternoons.
rat: Thanks! You too!
forty two: My job would convince a lot of people not to have children~that's for sure. :)
top cat: you've got that right!
mr fab: ;-)
greg: it is! Don't be jealous!You can come hang out the next testing day if you want. ;-)
thanks for visiting!
Holy Jesus. I think I need a Xanax.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your uhhh clients sound like a few of the parents I've dealt with during the past 12 years. My hat's off to you today, Pissy! Thanks for cracking me up!
buddha girl: heh! I know we deal with the same types of people. You more so than me these days.
ReplyDeleteHIlarious! Sisters! I'll be giggling about that for a while....
ReplyDeleteHaaaa
ReplyDelete*speechless*
Cousin sisters huh. It is a sick world.
ReplyDelete