I scare myself sometimes.
But in what I refer to as "my other life" (first marriage....good little Army officer's wife) I loved to cook and try new recipes.
Here in the new casa I have this awesome kitchen and plenty of time on my hands, so I've become sorta interested in cooking again.
This is my latest effort.....recipe taken from the February issue of "Southern Living" magazine.
Prepped and ready for the oven.(Yes, I use store-brand products sometimes.
I know you're surprised.)
Fresh out of the oven...
YUM!!!!
(It was even better the second day.)
This recipe is great because it's basically a meal in itself. All I did was add a salad and some garlic bread to round out the meal.
Little Pissy and her fiance were here this weekend and they loved it too.
....and to kill whatever appetite those pictures may have given you....
here's a picture of my arm today:
Don't you love the way the bruises have turned shades of
green, purple and pink?
Pretty!
(It was even better the second day.)
This recipe is great because it's basically a meal in itself. All I did was add a salad and some garlic bread to round out the meal.
Little Pissy and her fiance were here this weekend and they loved it too.
....and to kill whatever appetite those pictures may have given you....
here's a picture of my arm today:
Don't you love the way the bruises have turned shades ofgreen, purple and pink?
Pretty!
p.s. Sorry for the crappy picture quality (of my arm).
I took the photo myself .....it's the reflection in the bathroom mirror.
I took the photo myself .....it's the reflection in the bathroom mirror.

I get that southern living mag but I like a taste of home better than that one. It has all kinds of neat recipes..Now just what all is in this one? have you ever had spinach dip?
ReplyDeleteI like Southern Living b/c it has decorating and gardening articles as well as recipes.
ReplyDeleteThis one has chicken (cooked and cute up), rigatoni (cooked and drained), chopped onions browned in olive oil, Italian style diced tomatoes, an 8 oz container of cream cheese with chives, spinach (package of frozen~thawed and drained) and mozzarella cheese.
I have had spinach dip. I love it! Especially when it's served in a hollowed out bread bowl using the bread cubes to dip. Tasty! :)
Yeah, arm. Why is your nipple so bruised?
ReplyDeletePic 1,2 & 3 = YummmmmY!
ReplyDeletePic 4 = Ouch. hope it heals quickly.
HOLY SHIT, Pissy! You're arm looks horrendous. It speaks to your fuck it all attitude that you deigned to pick up the pots and pans to make that yummy dish!
ReplyDeleteYes thank you... that picture of your arm was the icing on the cake...
ReplyDeleteHope it feels better soon though!
Wait, wait, wait. There was a recipe in a southern living magazine that caled for using vegetables and pasta??? Come on!!
ReplyDeleteVery impressive - you made that with your injured elbow! Looks yummy. Its like the food network, I totally want to eat it, but alas, its just a picture :(
ReplyDeletemy monitor shows colours a little dark
ReplyDeleteand with the top edge of the picture being a little blurry and imprecise
for the first 5 seconds or so, i thought you had joined the ranks of half naked tuesday or some such, because for those five seconds i saw a strangely shaped breast and nipple...
i think i need more sleep or serious counselling
Holy crap! Excuse my French, but wow, your arm looks really bad! I hope it doesn't feel as bad as it looks.
ReplyDeleteFirst I was like YUM! Then I was like, OUCH!
ReplyDeleteYour poor arm!
That is one nasty ass bruise! Atleast you have some pasta-bake to keep you company. I have a failed risotto :(
ReplyDeleteYummy! Wanna send some over?
ReplyDeleteThe colors of the arm are oh, so pretty!!!
Nice food, but the arm is scary. Hope it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks.
ReplyDeleteawww your poor arm.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like your arm got run over by a truck!
ReplyDeleteYou lost me at spinach! BLEH!!! :)
ReplyDeleteScary arm, take care of yourself
Yum yum! How'd you do it with one arm? LOL
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete-hurls-
WHAT WAS THAT FOR??
WE DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THAT!
Referring to the Rigatoni of course.
I'm surprised you were able to cook with your banged up arm. It looks delicious! I hope you are feeling better, by the way.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that magazine! That dish looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCan't say the same for your arm, though. Hope it feels better soon!
It looks crazee tastee. Isn't it a good thing how some foods taste better after the flavors have time to mingle? It makes leftovers a lot more palatable. The best example that I can think of is rum cake. It takes a few days for the rum to impart it's magic.
ReplyDeleteAwww, your poor arm! But that food looks so goood!
ReplyDeleteI am glad your accident was not any worse! I hope you heal fast!
ReplyDeleteThose receipes seem yummy, especially since I am hungry and trying not to eat after dinner!
If you want to email me your address at misscarberry@aol.com and I'll put your postcard in the post on Friday :D
ReplyDeleteoh wow, this looks delicious, I may try it without the chicken.yum yum
ReplyDeletegarlic bread and salad, I'm salivating.
tc