Thursday, March 8, 2007

The hits just keep on happening.....

Yeah....that's my right arm.

Sweet Man and I were in a minor traffic accident today on our way to lunch.

Some dumb ass talking on his cell phone ran a stop sign and hit our truck.

He hit us on the rear passenger side...

I was on the passenger side with my elbow on the arm rest when we were hit.

Arm slammed into truck door=3 hours in ER,
xrays, sling, elevation, ice/heat, 48 hours rest, and Lortab.

At least my arm isn't broken.

That would have really pissed me off.

Our truck is ok....minor damage to the wheel well area.

I promise my posts will get more cheerful eventually!

40 comments:

  1. That sucks Pissy! Your luck is bound to change this week for sure. I've have foreseen this to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side, you look adorable in the pink sweater set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dam I hope it doesn't hurt too much. Did you call the police on the guy running the stop sign ? I hope he is gonna cover your medical expenses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you poor baby. Big kisses snd hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cork: Since you have foreseen this to be true....I look forward to it! ;-)

    sunny: Thanks! :)

    jenn: :) Thanks! It's my favorite old sweater...I love it!

    pixie: It actually feels better now. It hurt a lot worse earlier.

    We did call the cops. They didn't even give the guy a ticket....maybe b/c he admitted to running the stop sign and the accident being his fault? I don't know....

    The ER said they'd send the bill to his insurance agency.

    ajooja: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dare he! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The guy ran a stop sign and he didint get a ticket? that is so wrong. Take care of your arm Pissy, I am so sorry but glad you and sweet man werent seriously injured. And people wonder why I dont want a cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG.....and the dick was on a cell phone...isn't that rich.

    cars and cell phones don't mix...when are they going to figure that out...I don't care how good they are at muti-tasking they're always going to drive like a fool while on the phone.

    Glad you're OK....what no ticket for the idiot?

    Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh baby girl! All I can offer is a sweet hug :)

    ReplyDelete

  10. F**king Cell phone users!

    -glances at Pissy's avatar-

    Oh sh*t!

    I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAHHH!!! Hope it feels better soon, and hope the guy had insurance. This too, shall pass...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cripes! That is horrible! Here's to better days, Pissy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad it's not broken! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    If people MUST talk while driving, it is better to use a headset so you can still have both hands on the wheel.

    A friend of mine was recently rear-ended by a woman talking on a cell. At full speed. Totaled my friends new car and put her in the hospital for a few weeks.

    I think that driving while using an iPod may be just as dangerous as a cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am glad you are ok, and that your vehicle damage is minimal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talking on cell phone+running stop sign+serious and permanent injuries to Big Pissy=Mortgage paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief! Can't you catch a break already??? I say we go back to talking about cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Dog. I'm so sorry! Sending you my most positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i can't believe he didn't get a ticket! i thought it was illegal to talk on your cell phone and drive at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will just say "stupid asshole" on your behalf....because I'm sure you were in too much pain to think of that.
    Can I sign your sling?

    ReplyDelete
  20. at least you have a pretty shimmery sling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sorry to hear that...btw...i've enjoyed reading your blog...I'm another cs person...take care

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, your poor arm! I hope you feel better soon (and don't worry, karma is a bitch and it'll get Cell Phone Dude :D)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That dude should have gotten a ticket - rotten cop. Admitting fault shouldn't have anything to do with whether he gets a ticket.

    Hope you're feeling better - sounds like it could have been a lot worse - got to look on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, thank goodness you're all right! Cell phones should be outlawed. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here from Ajooja...my Spouse Guy was in an accident too. Same scenario, some guy ran a red light and SG was unable to avoid hitting them as they did. He's fine, but our truck is a total loss.

    Hope your arm feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Man! I'm sorry Pissy! I am glad that you guys weren't hurt any more that what you were!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow sorry to hear this pissy, glad you are "mostly' alright hope it heals fast!! Cell phones are the devil I tell you

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ouch !!
    Not something anybody needs.

    Nice sling though.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. rat: Thanks! :)

    shoparound: I KNOW! ;-)

    catch: I don't understand it myself!

    and thanks! :)

    jerr: I really don't understand why he didn't get a ticket....and they should have taken his cell away on the spot.

    He never even got off the thing!

    orhan: Thanks, buddy! :)

    hippo: heh! I use a cell phone all the time. But I try to be careful!

    lady k: luckily, he did have insurance. It could have been worse, right?

    buddha girl: Thanks! :)

    mist: Thank you! :)

    kc: I was so relieved that it wasn't worse than it was...believe me!

    I'm sorry about your friend. Hope she's doing better now.

    cad: Yes, we were so lucky! :)

    limpy: Sadly, this guy doesn't have a pot to piss in.... we're just lucky he has insurance.

    burr-ee-toe: I KNOW! ;-)

    atilla: Thanks! :)

    de: Talking on a cell while driving isn't illegal here yet. Don't know why.... :(

    sunshine: heh! I started cussing the minute I got out of the truck....then I started crying.

    I've been doing that a lot lately.

    Crying.

    Not cussing.

    ...and I would be honored for you to sign my sling!

    hedy: it is shimmery...if nothing else! ;-)

    mike: Hi! You're Kaye's friend, right? Another cs worker! ;-)

    Thanks for visiting. :)

    sam: Thanks! I sincerely believe in karma! ;-)

    pud: Thank you! :)

    monk: I know it could have been a lot worse. We were lucky!

    I still think he should have gotten a ticket. I plan on asking about that when we pick up a copy of the police report.

    mrs. slushie: I will ! :)

    dramedy girl: thank you! I think they should be outlawed while driving. And I'm one of those people who talk on mine while driving. Won't be doing that anymore....

    blogarita: Hate that about your husband's truck! Sucks! We were so lucky that our damage was minimal.

    Thanks for coming over from Ajooja's! :)

    peachie: Thanks! We were lucky!

    phats: I am really fine! It only hurt a lot the first day. :)

    tl: My sling was spiffy! Maybe I should sell it on ebay! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OWWWWW Pissy!

    Now to the internet you go to find a cute sling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well damn, that sucks the big one, and I'm glad you're not more seriously hurt.
    I've always advocated being able to mount a 50 caliber gun on your car just for asshats like the one that hit you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh I hate that! wow, your arm looks awful.
    Make sure you get the frame checked on the truck, often the frame will go out of alignment when taking a hit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  33. When it rains it pours girl! Watch out sometimes things come in threes! Hoping you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope you have a nice stretch of good luck.

    Tell Bathroom Hippo to get the hell off the cellphone. AND SUCH LANGUAGE THAT HIPPOPOTAMUS USES!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!