Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New Pissy Mobile

This may shock some of you, but I traded in the Beetle.

I KNOW!

I really didn't want to.....I loved that car...it was so ME!

But after you read my story I think you'll understand.

After I finally got my car back from Jack Ingram, it was fine for about a week.

The airbag light had been on for awhile,.....long before the storm, but I thought nothing of it....Little Pissy used to have a Beetle and lights were always on in the instrument cluster and it ran fine, etc.

Anyway, a week after I got it back, another light comes on. This one looks kinda like a "check engine" light, but it had something to do with the electrical system. And I'd start the car and it would die. I'd start it and it would die. Repeat about 5 times. Eventually, if I stepped on the gas while starting it, it would stay started. NOT good.

So we took it to our favorite local mechanic. He had it for two days. He ran diagnostics on it and consulted with the VW dealership in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. It was decided ...based on this consultation....that the Beetle needed an entirely new instrument cluster.

(I asked him if there was any way possible that Jack Ingram could have screwed it up, but he said no, damn it!)

Yeah. They thought the instrument cluster should be replaced.

and it would only cost around $300.00

But what if that wasn't what it was?

What if I got it down there (2 hours away) and it turned out to be something else....something that cost way more than $300.00?

I drove straight from the mechanic to the Honda dealership.

If you're still reading, I won't bore you with the details of negotiations....just rest assured that I had to go all "Jack Ingram" on them when they insulted me by telling me the Beetle was only worth $6000.00.

Uh...nah, dude.

Bluebook on it is $8,505.00.

I'll take it and have it repaired and sell it MYSELF before I let you have it for that.

That was Thursday.

Today they decided to see things my way and I got this:

'07 Honda Civic Coupe EX
40 mpg!!
These aren't the best pictures, I know.
But I wanted y'all to see my new cutie-cute car.
I think it's precious!

If you really want to see some good pictures of it.....click here

This makes the 6th Honda that we've owned....going back to the first one I bought in '92.

and no, I didn't use any of the money from the sale of the house to get the car.....I'll be making the payments on it, just like I did the Beetle.

Anybody need to have DNA testing done?

I have a new car to pay for now, ya know!

35 comments:

  1. Very cute. And so fuel efficient. Looking good while helping the environment. What more could anyone want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a ho over on the east side claiming I fathered her baby... that should buy a tire.

    Great car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It's probably for the best that you parted ways with the beatle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new car and think it is way classier looking than the beetle. I dont blame you for trading the beetle in...and I dont care what they say....I bet Jack Ingram tried to do something to mess your car up. Men cant handle it when a woman gets over on them! I dont need any DNA testing done so far this week, but I shall call you if the need comes up for it! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So are you gonna have a goodbye party for the Beetle (even though it is already gone)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you were mistaken...now this car is YOU! VW bugs are cute....but Pissy this car is sexy. "Efficient and Sexy" now who does that sound like?
    See.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know i just traded in a beetle in february. i bought a nissan altima and i love it. i do miss the beetle though. just not enough room for 2 teens and friends and groceries yada... you should know, you can't put more than a bag of dog food in the truck.
    anyhoo...enjoy your new car! hondas are great cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to not let them push you around. The new car looks sleek. I luuuuurve Hondas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so cute and slopey. I'm jealous of the gas mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a Honda fan, too. I have a CRV which Hub-Man insists on calling a "cervix". ha! I loved your Beetle (and was jealous of you for it), but your new car is crazy sleek and sexy! You go, girl!

    Hey, last night on the news they were talking about the tornado that went thru your town. I told Hub-Man that my friend Pissy lives there and he said, "She's your friend? You read her blog, but that doesn't make her your friend." Oh YES it does. You're my friend no matter what he says!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, it is cute...but living in texas there is no way i would buy a black car/truck...it's a heat magnet..but it shore is purty...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know...I drive a Mustang but damn Hondas are good, solid, reliable cars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like your car

    i hope it brings you a good deal of joy

    i'm very excited for you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Volkswagons too, but we haven't had very good luck with them. Always something going on.

    This is your 8th Honda? We may have to go that route next.

    We got a Chevy Trailblazer for a really good price, but it's just killing us on gas mileage and it's way too big. I like 'em small and sporty, like I like my women.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heeey, Nice Ride !!!
    I was bought up to believe that a VW was Hitlers revenge on the world.
    Maybe true. lol.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Hondas. Pretty much guaranteed for 200,000 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, glad you liked the card!
    Yeah, you weren't having very good beetle luck. Good thing you replaced it now before the engine fell out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pissy, I replied to your comment on Sunshines Prom post. You should check it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. PRETTY CAR .. drive safe....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice car...it fits with you just as the Beetle did.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it when you go Jack Ingram on people!

    Let's hope some yogurt shake donators come your way so you can earn more moolah for the car payments.

    It'll be a two fer one:
    You can pay your loan.
    I can hear nasty-ass stories about people who should have been sterilized!

    Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice looking and reliable.

    Every single VW owner I know has had major issues with their cars. Some are constant annoyances, others more serious.

    Very smart move!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hondas are the best! That car is really cute. It's too bad you had so many problems at the end with the bug. What are you going to name her?

    I'm too lazy to change my posting name, but this is Dramedy Girl aka Shelly @ Bewitched. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey - I got a new black car too - looks awesome, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good for YOU! I still think those assholes messed with your car while it was in the shop. I don't need DNA testing, but still need lots more blood tests. UGH! I was actually thinking of trading my car in and sucking up a car payment, but medical payments are gonna suck the life outta me.

    Have fun with that new cutie-patutie car! AWESOME! Watch for that photo-radar stuff though...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute car! We've had several Hondas. The first was an '83 and it ended up with over 300,000 miles on it when we sold it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I dig the new ride. But I'm a little sad about bidding farewell to the bug. It was so cute and perky and you, Pissy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. yerdoingitwrong: Thanks! :)

    glaziersgirl: Exactly! ;-)

    mahler: Do you even know this ho?!?!? ;-)

    corky: I know it's for the best, but the bug was so CUTE!

    catch: it's definitely classier looking that the Beetle...the Beetle is just a fun car...while this one is sleek. and I know what you mean...I'll always have a feeling Jack Ingram did something to it. :(

    dutchie: Nah....maybe if I'd done it before it left...but not now...

    blanco: I drove an '07 Altima for a month while the Beetle was in Montgomery. It was very roomy and had a great sound system.

    The size of the Beetle was actually fine for me. My kids have been grown and on their own for years, so that's not an issue for me. ;-)

    loops: I'm just too old to let people push me around anymore! ;-)

    hotlipz: thanks! I think it's cute too. and the gas mileage kicks ass!

    kc: I remember that you had a CRV...that's what I wanted originally...a used one. But there were none on the lot and the new ones are wayyyyy to expensive~but so cute! I loved my Beetle, but I can't stand having car trouble and Sweet Man really wanted me to get rid of it!

    Tell your husband that OF COURSE we're friends! We've been buds for almost 2 years! :)

    jackiesue: I KNOW! The black! But at least it doesn't have leather like the Beetle did. That sucker got HOT!

    j r : I like Mustangs...Hair Guy is thinking about getting the new convertible one. :)

    cad: Thank you! :)

    ajooja: it's our 6th Honda....and the only reason we got rid of the others was to trade for a different one, etc.

    All my friends who had SUVs have gotten rid of the b/c of the gas prices! :(

    tl: I think you might be right! *LOL*

    limpy: Yeah, that's what everyone says. :)

    de: I did! I loved the card!

    As for the engine falling our....that's probably what would have happened next!

    corky: I did! ;-)

    hobnib: Thank you! :)

    jerr: you are SUCH a sweet talker! *LOL*

    paul b: Thank you! :)

    mimi: Thanks! :)

    buddha girl: It IS a win-win, isn't it! *LOL*

    phoenix: *sigh* I know...I probably never should have traded in my paid-off Accord for it...but it was SO cute! ;-)

    monk: Does this make us twins or something? ;-)

    shelly: I knew it was you! ;-) Yeah....I just never felt good about the Beetle once Jack Ingram had it for so long....

    I don't know what to name the new car. Any suggestions?

    lady K: I'll always think Jack Ingram had something to do with it...even though I could never prove it. SUCH a coincidence!

    Good luck with all that medical stuff....what a bummer! :(

    jenn: Now THAT'S a testimony right there! :)

    eve: *sigh* I know....me too.

    rat: Thank you...you may rise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your new car, but I am crushing on a convertible vw....

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!