well....because I like to AND because I got a GREATreport from my annual physical today.
Holla!
My doctor is very pleased with everything related to my blood pressure,
cholesterol, bone density, and even my weight (shock!).
He said that for a woman my age to not have any health problems or be on
any medications is unusual. He also said the fact that I've only ever had one surgery (hysterectomy) is also surprising. Now THAT surprised ME.
Seriously.
Is it common to have surgery?
The best news as far as I was concerned is that I'd only gained 11 pounds since last year.
I thought I'd gained more like 20!!!
I have been working out faithfully and am back to feeling like I HAVE to
instead of dreading it like I was. That makes me happy. :)
11 pounds to lose is not that bad.
I celebrated that fact by eating dinner at the Pizza Hut buffet.

Woohoo! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWow...I didn't realize it was COMMON to have surgery either. My Mom is in good health and has never had surgery either. Neither has either of my Grandmother's. Nor me. Weird.
ReplyDeleteBut congrats on a good checkup!
That's funny- I a physical yesterday too. I won't get the blood work results til next week though. I did gain more weight than I'd thought. I was pretty grumpy all day after that.
ReplyDeletePeople like me are the ones who skew the average. I've had two surgeries and I am *ahem* almost 30.
Good for you, BP, but remember that Pizza Hut gives you pizza butt... ;-)
ReplyDelete(Another beautiful photo, BTW)
Attila: Thanks!!! :)
ReplyDeletepretty: What a healthy gene pool you come from! That's great! :)
Thanks! :)
TheresaG: that is funny. We'll be able to remind each other next year that it's time again! ;-) Yeah, my day would have been much less pleasant if the weight gain had been different.
So it's YOUR fault!!! LOL
Whitenoise: Thanks!
LOL That was the first time I'd been in a Pizza Hut in years. We normally eat Mellow Mushroom pizza. ;-)
(thank you! :) )
Yay you!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know surgery was common either, I'm woefully behind if that's true. One knee only.
good for you..and yes i think it is unusual that you haven't had more surgerys..but that's a great thing..
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the surgery thing. I'm only 37, but most of my friends in that bracket and mid 40's have had back surgery, knee surgery, etc etc. Of course I'm sure much of it's related to weight and lack of activity, but still... I've sprained and fractured things but never had surgery. I wonder why that is?
ReplyDeleteHOLLA!
ReplyDeleteThe Pizza Hut buffet sounds really good right now.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful shot of you, Pissy!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! You are getting better like a fine wine!
ReplyDeleteWOOT WOOT! you go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know that surgery is all that common but I've had 4 and I'm under 40. :( So, be blessed with your good fortune! :)
Pizza Hut buffet....mmmmmmmmmm
Not bad, sweetpea. Not bad at all :D
ReplyDeleterainwolf: I didn't either. That surprised me. Knee surgery doesn't sound good. :(
ReplyDeletejackiesue: thanks! :)
JR: I wonder why too! I spoke to a friend yesterday who had just had NECK surgery!!! Random!
Holly: ;-)
de: it was surprising tasty!
buddha girl: Thanks, sweetie! :)
Dejoni: Thanks! Yep, that's me...I think I'll be a "red" ;-)
Bousmama: Four??? Wow! I do feel fortunate. Especially now that I know it's uncommon. :)
Gadfly: Thanks! :)
Great news! You've done such a great job keeping up with your exercise! Pizza Hut is an awesome way to celebrate!
ReplyDeletethat is wonderful.. praise God for good news.. Have a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeleteyay!! That's awesome - I didn't know surgery was common either! lol And 11 pounds is great - as hard as you're working it will be off in no time. hehe pizza hut buffet
ReplyDeleteTotally worth smiling about!
ReplyDeleteWow, I hope to hear that someday too. I would like to live my entire life never having to take medication for anything. So far, so good :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the great physical news! Is it common to have surgery? Uh-oh- I haven't had any yet!
ReplyDelete