
This is Lennox Square Mall in Buckhead
Little P, City Penguin and I went there this evening for some recreational shopping.
Little P and City went to Ann Taylor Loft first, where Little P scored some super cute pants and sweater top from the sale rack. It's so easy when you're a size 4......
But I won't call her a bitch for it like I normally would, because she passed her oral exams today and is officially finished with Grad School. She's been doing two internships this semester and has had this hanging over her head since January. Which meant that I've been a 24/7 counseling service since January. But that's what Mothers are for, right?
While they were in Ann Taylor, I went to Pottery Barn Kids. I know. Why would I go there? I just love it. It's so colorful, fresh and clean. And I also enjoy the nervous looks I get from the sales clerks. Maybe they think I'm gonna put a toddler bed in my purse.... I don't know. But it's pretty funny to watch.
I also went to some of my other favorites like: William- Sonoma~which I won't bother with anymore because apparently there is no sale section at the snotty Lennox Square store. I only buy stuff from the sale section. Well, unless it's a gift. Y'all know me. Anyway, I also went to the regular Pottery Barn and to the Bare Escentuals store. No, Hot Lips. I didn't buy anything. I went to Sephora ~the mothership of make-up stores~ for that.
Macy's was a waste of time. Lots of sale racks~nothing I wanted. Same with Bloomingdales...
It was fun just to people watch. Cuz we all know how there is no lack of freaks in big cities.
All in all, a pretty tame day in the city.
Hopefully, things will pick up when I visit the Chocolate Exhibition or the Georgia Aquarium.
Or maybe the Coca-cola museum.....or CNN.
Sorry if this was a let-down.
It was a Monday.
Cut me some slack....

What a beautiful looking Mall. Just makes you want to spend, spend, spend !!!
ReplyDeleteYanks have really got their act together when it comes to shopping experiences. We're light years behind.
Can I exchange my Goat for your Loin cloth ?
It really is pretty~parts of it anyway! Really big too!
ReplyDeleteWe are professionals when it comes to shopping....probably one reason why Americans have so much credit card debt.
heh!
I think the best part of being in a mall is people watching. There is always some type of freak show in a mall that attracts my attention.
ReplyDeleteYou take your shopping seriously.
ReplyDeleteAmerican malls are great, but deceptive. They make them that nice so you want to stay there...spend money.
Also, you won't see a clock anywhere, for that same reason.
And they make malls very confusing to navigate. Each "wing" is identical, so it's easy to get lost. Again, they want you to wander around...spend more money.
Coca-Cola museum sounds cool - Maybe they'll be handing out samples of Tab Energy Drink (I believe Coca-Cola is responsible for that one).
ReplyDeleteWhen I lived in Birmingham, I used to drive over to Lenox Square just for the shopping.
ReplyDeleteIt's hilarious to me that people tour CNN, I think probably just because I know so many people that work there.
ReplyDelete"Oh look there's my friend chatting on AIM when he should be working!"
mike: I agree. There is quite the variety of freak to see here. ;-)
ReplyDeletephoenix: you hit the nail on the head~it's kinda like being in a casino...you loose all concept of time and the elements. It was storming outside and we didn't know it until somebody who'd just come in from outside....
monk: I've always wanted to go there, but you know how it is...you come to visit family and tend to just hang out~not do the "touristy" stuff....
june: Lennox is great at Christmas time. Did you let the Veronicas ride the pink pig train?
de: I'm a bumpkin. Let me have my fun!
ReplyDeletedidn't you take the tour? or was that a job interview? I thought I remembered Sweet man telling me you'd been there....
Yeah. Nice t shirt.
ReplyDeletehot lips: Gosh!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry!
Is Tuesday over with and I didn't notice?!?!?!?
just about
ReplyDeleteMmmmm.....shopping....now I want to shop.
ReplyDeletehot lips~it ain't over 'til it's over...
ReplyDeletepud: c'mon down~the shopping is great!
the architecture of this picture is beautiful...awesome.
ReplyDeleteI love this picture, far from a let down.
thanks..more more more
tc
I love that mall!!! You have never been to the Coke factory or CNN? Oh so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived there we took so many visitors there. :)
top cat: I'm so glad you like it! It really is a pretty place. but i have to tell you~I found the picture on line.... :)
ReplyDeleteSunny: I know it's hard to believe. City has lived here for four years and hasn't been to either place yet! Isn't that crazy?!?!?!? =)
I've been to both CNN and the Coca-Cola Museum, and both are really cool.
ReplyDeleteMr. Fab: we're going to Coca-cola tomorrow and the aquarium. We're gonna try to fit CNN in too!
ReplyDelete