Sunday, March 12, 2006

Pissy does manual labor....

Has everyone regained consciousness?

Good.

I'll tell my story now.Like most of the southeast, we had lovely weather in hell this weekend. I sat out on the deck this morning, listening to music while I read the newspaper, just hanging out in the yard.....lovely.

I noticed that things were looking a little overgrown out by the back fence. Small trees, ivy hanging down,..... messy. Y'all know how anal I am. I must have order. Even in the yard.

This being Sunday, I decided to do it later this week.

So I showered, put on some cute new pink yoga pants and a black t-shirt. Hair up in a ponytail. Cute black flip-flops. Went out and ran errands.

The whole time I was gone I was thinking about those damn messy little saplings and all that ivy and weedy looking stuff....

Yeah, y'all know what happened next.

When I got home, I went out there and started cutting. I began with hedge trimmers. "I'll just trim the ivy back some," I thought to myself.

Of course I didn't stop there.

One thing led to another and before I knew it, an hour had gone by and I'd cut down 4 skinny trees. ....skinny~but tall~ 10 - 12 feet probably. Ivy, thorny weedy things....cut down.

All this while wearing my cute pink pants and black top. Earrings, watch....pretty dressed up for yard work.

I am officially exhausted now.And I have a feeling I won't be able to move my arms tomorrow.

They're already aching.......

Anybody want to come to hell to give me a massage?????

24 comments:

  1. I totally got an image of Bree Van De Kamp from 'Desperate Housewives' while reading this.

    Hey there. I just posted on The Fog' as well, and stumbled across your blog while doing a search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! I guess I can understand why! I hadn't thought of that! ;-)

    Now I've got to go read your post about "The Fog".

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes. i've been sucjed into the yard work vortex many times. Many a weekend morning I've decided to just sepnd a few minutes pulling a few obvious weeds and ended up filling threee garbage cans with compost material and not being able to move the next day. Luckily, I live in an apartment without a yard or balcony so I don't have to worry about that for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXACTLY!

    Maybe I need to move somewhere with no yard or balcony.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah hell has been very nice this weekend, not too hot and not too cold, just right if you ask me. I had the same thoughts cross my mind as I sat in my swing this morning sipping my cup o joe and looking at my flower beds filled with weeds. Now I know as soon as I de-weed and get my seeds planted we will get a cold spurt and kill everything. I'm holding off on the yard work at least until the end of the month. I told myself if I wanted to enjoy nature that I would have to drag the p-nut to the always lovely park instead of starring at my weed garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she: the great weather makes it really tempting to start planting, doesn't it? I know I should wait until at least the 1st of April or maybe until after Easter, but it's gonna be hard. ;-)

    I think I'm gonna have a small veggie garden this year....

    I know.

    I'm nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got you beat on manual labor today- I moved heavy boxes/ appliances/ mattresses across a yard and up a flight of stairs all afternoon. Helping someone move is the best exercize ever.
    But yeah I too will most likely be immobile tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't give you a massage, but I'll go to spa day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, Pissy, what did you do with the debris?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's weird. Most people I know up there attend to their landscaping needs by getting a goat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. de: you win. I HATE to move. Much worse than yard work. City and Z are moving again in May. They're hiring someone this time. Thank God!

    Pud: Sounds good to me! My back and arms are killing me!

    Hot Lips: Sweet Man came home from a day of golfing just in time to help me drag the biggest trees across the road to the wooded lot there. The rest of it~also the worst of it~awaits me in the backyard. I'll be taking it my wheelbarrow later today. Probably 6 or 7 trips. Wanta help????

    Mr. Fab: I live in the "city" limits.....

    ....and I don't think my dogs would like a goat.

    But I know what you mean.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to stick to container gardening because what would make someone else stiff for a day puts me flat on my back for three.

    And this year's container project is strawberries--Honey got me a hanging planter and has promised me a shepherd's crook to keep it away from the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Serra: Oh, I do containers too. On the deck, window boxes, front porch steps...I get carried away with gardening. Guess it's just another extension of decorating~which I love.

    Strawberrys look great in hanging baskets. I like those strawberry pots too!

    I probably wouldn't garden if it messed my back up like yours.

    I'd make someone else do it for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just reminded me about my jungle in the backyard...where did I put those pruners?

    I need a saw, gloves, goggles, health insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i guess there's one good thing about having snow on the ground for more than six months of the year

    the only yardwork consists of moving some snow around

    i'd come give a massage (i'll give a massage at the drop of a hat), but i missed that flight...

    ReplyDelete
  16. phoenix: glad I could remind you of the fun you have in store....

    I need some goggles.

    and probably some different foot wear.

    these flip-flops aren't the smartest thing to have on my feet1 ;-)

    cadbury: I can't believe you missed the flight! I love to have my feet rubbed...and my shoulders...and my back..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I almost did yard work this weekend, but I was able to talk myself out of it at the last minute and went to the movies instead.

    But, really, I do plan on getting to the yard and the house next weekend. It'll probably rain.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang pissy, you make me look bad. my flower beds are in desperate need of attention.
    send some motivation my way, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  19. cole: the flower beds are a whole 'nother story!

    and I want a little veggie garden too!

    I love to be out in the yard~always have!

    Oh. I just sent you some motivation!

    Didja feel it?!?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lordy lordy...pretty soon you'll have a green thumb...ummm Pissy in a pink T shirt and a green thumb, I think I like that.

    Blogger was terrible yesterday I was having trouble getting blogs and commenting...
    Sorry I missed ya.
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  21. top cat: pink t-shirt/green thumb...sounds about right! ;-)

    blogger is being weird today, too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute picture! is that you behind the sunflower? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rocky: I thought it was cute too!
    But sadly, that's not me behind the sunflower....that would have been me 30 pounds ago...

    cole: good! feel better now?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!