
Y'all know how I am about the color pink.
Y'all know how I am about clothes.
Ya'll know how I am about pink clothes.
So what do I do?
That's right.
I lent my absolutely most favorite hot pink cardigan to someone.
I know, I know : stupid!
But this is one of my best friends.
She's divorced, raising two kids on her own, not much money, going to Vegas as a gift from a friend, no cute clothes.....I lent her an entire weekend wardrobe.
She knows how I am about my clothes. I figured I could trust her.
Uh, NO!
It's taken me 2 months to get my fuckin' clothes back and the one thing missing?!?!?
Riiiggghhhttt.....
my favorite sweater.

To make myself feel better I'm thinking about ordering this:
.....and then going shopping for another perfect hot pink cotton cardigan with three-quarter length sleeves.
Oh.
and never lending her anything else again.
Ever.

Oh there is nothing worse.
ReplyDeletePissy. I will create a special voo doo doll with your friend's likeness. I will even dress it in a hot pink cardigan with 3/4 length sleeves.
ReplyDeleteGirls do NOT ruin/steal/withhold other girls' clothing. It's simply forbidden.
sunny: I know!!!
ReplyDeletebuddha girl: I knew I could count on you! ;-)
and you are so right! "Mis-placing" my favorite cardi is just WRONG!!!!
I feel your pain! Except no one I know would borrow my clothes (because I'm not very stylish). But they do borrow books sometime. When those don't come back within 2 months I get downright UGLY!
ReplyDeletethat'll teach ya
ReplyDeletekc: I'm that way about books, cds and dvds too! I try to be really prompt about returning anything I've borrowed.
ReplyDeleteGuess it's expecting too much for other people to do the same.... :(
Justin: I know... I just really thought I could trust her. I've lent her stuff before w/ no problem...
That sucks! I'm that way about books. I have this secret list of friends that I don't lend to because they break the spines, bend the covers back, break the damn book in half -- you name it's happened.
ReplyDeleteI don't ever have to worry about clothes. I know nothing about fashion and my sister doesn't live with me anymore. :)
Yes never lend things to friends, books are the worst , one thing I would never lend is a CD I always offer to copy it for them...
ReplyDeleteI am still waiting for some DVDs I lent out many many months ago.
ReplyDeleteNever again!
The horror! I would be racked with guilt if I had done that to someone. I would search high and low for a replacement sweater. Of course I probably wouldn't borrow the clothes to begin with. I'm a slob in the worse sense. So I know better. I probably wouldn't have lost it, but you would have gotten it back with a coffee stain on the front and probably a cigarette burn on the sleeve.
ReplyDeleteMan, I like that sweater set. Beats my ugly outfit, today.
ReplyDeleteTo make a point you should give HER the bag and ask her to fill it with your clothes... :D
ReplyDeleteThe thing that upsets me the most about this is now I can't ask to borrow the sweater if it's lost.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'd SO fire someone who did that to me. And my friends wonder why I won't loan clothes.
ReplyDeleteOf course, the friends who want to borrow them are drag queens and what they want to borrow is my leather lingerie. Um, no one gets in my lingerie but me, thanks.
I hate loaning things to people who don't give them back in a timely fashion!!
ReplyDeleteDo you want me to check around Vegas for it?
ReplyDeleteNo good deed...
ReplyDeleteMy dad used to say, "never lend what you can't afford to give away".
How's your friendship going to hold up under this? I hate when that happens!
Uh~Oh!
ReplyDeleteI hate that. I have a friend that borrowed one of my fav tops... thats the last I saw of it! Live and learn, I guess.
what about your kids borrowing your stuff?
ReplyDeletei figure my dad is going to get serious karmic revenge on me after all of his clothes i wandered off with (he had all this cool stuff from the late '50s early '60s when i was younger - it was in style in the early '80s)
my son already buggers off with my clothes (he's pretty big [frame, not fat] now - and he's only 14 [mrs_c is already getting his hand-me-downs as he outgrows his 13 year old clothes])) and he always steals all my CDs (i am pretty hip with tunes)
I have learned my lesson the hard way by letting people borrow cd's and dvd's never again.
ReplyDeletePS, I like that tote bag. ;)
Hmm I will chip in 2$ to help you get that pink bag
ReplyDeleteI think you should make her buy the tote for you!
ReplyDeleteI know she gave you the other clothes back, but after you got them back, did you ask about that sweater? What do you think her reaction would be?
ReplyDeleteYeah, uh NO... I learned LONG ago not too lend out my shit. Too many things ruined. Good luck on the conquest Piss...
ReplyDeleteI have lived and learned my lessons with clothes, cds, dvds from my outlaws ooops inlaws.
ReplyDeleteMake her buy you the tote bag.
p.s.
You got to watch your sister too she will switch purses with you while you are in the potty. haahaa
well the least you can do is buy the tote bag.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing worse is lending a friend money.
ReplyDeleteSorry about that Pissy, sounds like you got burned.
I hate it when that happens, and it ALWAYS HAPPENS.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the cardigan...
I'm thinking possibly a memorial service?
Poor Pissy.
Guys!I have good news!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe "found" it!
Said her mother had put it in her daughter's closet b/c it was so small she thought it belonged to the 12 year old.
Yeah~right!
Then she said her daughter had put it in the back of the closet b/c she thought my friend would "make her wear it"!!!
Little shit would be lucky to have me picking out her clothes!!!
Thanks so much for all your support and ideas for revenge, offers of voodoo, etc.
And I'm never lending anything to her again.
I mean it!!!!!