Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Official" Notification.....

This came in the mail today....
my "invitation" to join "AARP"...

Sweet Man was surprised that I wasn't upset about it
but...

29 comments:

  1. *LMAO* That's hysterical. My poor old Pissydoll. Awwww. We still love your geriatric ass.

    Mwah!

    CP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a Canadian, I had to look up what the AARP was exactly.
    Now that I know, I figure somebody screwed up their mailing list. You should report it. Maybe you could get someone fired. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo, discounts at IHOP. Give me a holler. I luv me some pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you listen to AARP!!

    You're still young at heart!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Amazon seems to have blocked your address =(.

    Blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cp: It really is funny! as long as you love my geriatric ass, I'll be ok!

    hot lips: True.....

    library mama: heh! well....I WILL be 50 in December.... ;-)

    fuzz: heh! Really? Discounts at IHOP? I love pancakes! ;-)

    pud: Thanks! I like to think I am too!

    hippo: yeah, damn that Amazon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look it up too.
    Dont worry about it P "Your as young as you feel or is it your as young as the man you feel " I forget now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ONLY 50?! You're still a spring chicken in my book....so sue me for lying.

    Damn, I'll be 44 in December. That's gotta be worth something, right? "44" looks so cool.

    You a Capricorn too?

    I just threw my 25th high school class reunion invitation in the garbage - why would I want to see all those people I despised 25 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh... I joined AARP three years ago. Welcome to the Old Folks Home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm SO taking that last picture and Sellotaping it to my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just think of all the money saving offers you'll get. Coupons for Geritol and Ensure, probably Depends too! I think you also get a subscription to the AARP magazine-a riveting read I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother was upset when she got one of those, but not my dad. he was trying to figure out where all he could get discounts at

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take the discounts, take the discounts!!

    Then lie about your age anyway.

    ReplyDelete


  14. I wrote Amazon a letter requesting that your address be removed from their block list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got one years ago and hadn't yet hit 30. I think someone signed me up as a joke...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't forget the discounts at Comfort Inn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My gramma says, "It could be worse. I could be dead."

    ReplyDelete
  18. bruce: heh! thanks for welcoming me to the club! ;-)

    pixie: either way~sounds good to me!

    newsbitch: be my guest! ;-)

    monk: Yeah, capricorn~Dec 26th. I've never been to a class reunion. I wasn't popular in high school....no reason to go see people I wasn't friends with....

    nonny: now that's something to look forward to!

    beady: I know, right?!?!? ;-)

    kattbanjo: Really? That was kinda mean! Sadly, I think my letter is legit!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    phoenix: Oh, good to know! :)

    cynical girl: that's my philosopy! consider the alternative....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got one of those many years ago when I was much younger. I almost sent it back, just to save on hotel rates. But I got paranoid and thought some old AARP policeman dude my haul me off to AARP jail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. shpprgrl: I never received one before....but now they come almost weekly! guess they think I don't know how old I am!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We used to get stuff from AARP a while back because Hub-Man is a jr. The stuff was supposed to be going to his sr dad. We thought it was funny.

    For about 6 months before we moved away from the old house, we would get lots of mail for a priest. Father something-or-other. No matter how many times we'd tell the letter carrier that there was no such person at this address, we'd still get his stuff. Our address was on his letters, but the zip code was different. I hope his mail doesn't follow us to the new place with those yellow "change of address" stickers attached.

    ReplyDelete
  22. kc: I really do think this is funny. Sweet Man has been getting this stuff for years. We just laugh.....

    Mail for a priest?

    That's kinda spooky....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Big Pissy,
    I recently received my “invitation” to join AARP as well. It threw me into a dour mood for days, until I realized there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about my age and I’d better learn to accept it. And it’s amazing all the places that give senior discounts (not the word you want to hear) nowadays.
    It’s always heartening to have someone say “gee, I didn’t think you were THAT old”. Yeah….

    ReplyDelete
  24. miss litzi: Heh! I'm fine with my age, actually. Like you said: what choice do we have? As they say here in hell: "I'm just proud to be here."

    and discounts don't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can the offers for discounts for Depends be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  26. mr fab: probably not.
    those might come in handy..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!