Monday, October 30, 2006

Pissy's party plops....

Yeah, I know.....but I'm all about alliteration in a title.

Anyway.....I think I have to consider my Halloween party a flop.

Why? You ask....

Because twenty five people RSVP'd that they would attend.

But only 10 people actually showed up.

Yes.

10.

I started not to even mention the party,
but I can't only talk about the successful parties, can I?

*sigh*

At least my decorations were cute.

Halloween Tree de Pissy

Oh!

Anybody want some chili?

I made enough for 25 people.

Only 12 people ate chili.

You do the math.

29 comments:


  1. 12 people at the chili?!?

    Good lord!!! We've got to inform the authorities.

    Save me a chair...I'll be there right o way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hippo: I'd send you some if I could!

    lori: You too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh - I was hoping to get in on the chili, but I see Hippo beat me to it, and, Heaven knows, there won't be any left once he's done.

    Wish I lived closer. I wouldn't have missed a Pissy Party for anything. (Depending on that grand assumption, of course, that I might have been invited.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. me, Justin, and now... you.

    shitty halloween celebration= sad nwg

    Sorry about the flop, but the decor IS wayyyy cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Math is hard. Hold on...

    Nope, still too hard.

    Is there enough left for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy Halloween to you too :) ... hmm @ halloween party .. did the food go to waste since the actual number didn't show up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe people didn't attend!?! They better have great excuses like they were dead and couldn't attend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had of known you were partying I would definatley of been there I love chilli, and the decs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please pass the chili...Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take some of that chili! I usually take mine to work and they gobble it up like mad.

    Sorry about the party! Still sounds like a good time, and the tree is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the party mom. People suck! You remember me and Big A's get togethers... we'd talk to people the day OF and they'd say "see you tonight" and then not show up... bizarre and quite tacky really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame about the party ,on a brighter note less mess to clean up yeah ?

    love the decoration though, I would have it out all year!

    great news about the house, its amazing how much stuff you acumilate (sp) over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally awesome Halloween tree! I never knew there was such a thing. I think I need one.

    I'm looking forward to giving out candy tonight at our new house. I hope we have lots of trick-or-treaters because we have a boatload of candy! Of course, if no one comes, that's just more for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm sorry people didn't show, but said they would. I would have shown. But in the meantime, chili please and I only live in Atlanta. Dry ice anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since all the chili seems to be spoken for, may I nibble on the tree? Really. I think I need to go grocery shopping.

    Egg the no-shows. Put mouse traps with eggs on them (you gotta be WAY careful) in their mailboxes. It's sooooo funny! But, you have to wait til after the mailman has come, but before they check their mail... ummm, I only know this because, ummm, a friend told me. Yeah, that's it. A friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess I know who will be whining because they didn't get invited to the next party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe they went to the old house?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going with Hotlipz's explanation. I like the idea of 15 people wandering around the old casa like zombies.

    "Chiliiiiii. Chiliiiiiii"

    ReplyDelete
  19. library mama: Of course you would have been invited! It's not too late for some chili! :)

    nwg: *sigh* I know. I thought the same thing when I read y'alls posts. My decorations were way cute. Mary Englebriet would have been proud! ;-)

    mist: Math is hard! But there is still some chili left. Come on down!

    nabeel: Happy Halloween back at 'cha! :) Nah, the chili didn't go to waste. I sent about half of it home with a friend. She was going to serve it for lunch the next day.

    thanks for visiting Hell! :)

    pud: That's what I'm talking about!

    ladydtd: Thanks~You should have come!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    monk: heh! Happy Halloween! :)

    lady k: If I still worked full time, I would have taken it to the office. We did have a good time, it was just weird with so few people.

    I loved my decorations! :)

    little p: I totally agree! People suck! don't say you're coming if you're not!

    pixie: That's true~less mess to clean up! And everyone who was here loved the decorations, etc.

    j r : I know! They said they would or I wouldn't have made so much chili! Give me your address. I'll send ya some! ;-)

    kc: We don't really get trick or treaters around here anymore. Kids go to the church festivals.

    I still bought candy, though. ;-)

    fridaysweb: You may nibble on the tree. Actually, I filled the vase I put it in with candy corn, so there ya go!

    I'll remember what your friend said about the eggs. ;-)

    merkin man: Exactly!

    hotlipz: If they did, the renters got a big surprise!

    limpy: that would be funny....and creepy.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what the hell were they doing that was any better? couldn't have been anything else going on in that city...i hate when people get all flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  21. de: I have absolutely no idea. We usually have a pretty good turn-out at our parties.

    ReplyDelete
  22. how rude Pissy. I would freeze the chili and serve it to them the next time they come to your house! Dont they know people in Africa are starving?

    ReplyDelete
  23. catch: I thought it was pretty rude too.... You think they would have at least called at the last minute to say they weren't coming.

    Only one person did that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. chili...ohhh if i would have known i would have hoofed it there from texas..
    that's why i quit giving parties..people think oh...it doesn't matter if i show or not..and then they all think like that and you end up standing around scratching your ass...ugh..i would have come

    ReplyDelete
  25. jackiesue: I think your theory is correct! :(

    justin: it was tasty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmmph! The AWOL-ers were OBVIOUSLY so intimidated by your beauty and charm that they feared being in the same room with you, lest their insecurities flared up, obiviously!

    I hope you had fun, though! VERY cute decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!