Thursday, August 16, 2007

...and y'all wonder why I call it Hell....


This was the lead story on the news this morning from our State's capitol........


August 16, 2007


Big first day at Bass Pro
Story Chat Post Comment
Seven minutes after the doors opened Wednesday night at Prattville's Bass Pro Shops, fire officials closed the turnstiles because the sprawling 185,000-square-foot megastore had reached its capacity of about 3,100.

Yeah. Big news. The first Bass Pro Shop opened in the area.

Woo Hoo!

Thankfully, I'm about to get in my car and drive to Atlanta.

The excitement around here is just too much for me.


30 comments:

  1. hey the big excitement in waco is that the dr. pepper museum is fixing to get it's one millionth visitor...wooo woo..
    and west?..we just had our 61st successful rodeo..which means no one got drunk and fell off their horse during the saturday parade..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard those Bass Pro shops are pretty cool. Too bad you have to miss the grand opening. Darn. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's where all my relatives were when I tried to call them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahaha.. welcome to redneck hell perty lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 minutes???? I guess the red light in the center of town was in their favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know so little about Bass Pro shops but it somehow doesn't even look worth googling!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! that's hilarious, does Jeff Foxworthy know about Hell??

    ReplyDelete
  8. My God, I can barely contain my jealousy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm proud to say that I have never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop!

    Y'all should really just move on up here....

    ReplyDelete
  10. With hindsight, we really should have let all you southerners start your own backwards ass country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo-hoo!

    Count me in!

    Haven't had that much fun since I went cow-tipping with the gals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey now, don't knock the Bass Pro Shops...apparently there's one in Tennessee that has a pretty decent restaurant inside it, so says my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO
    I bet if stuff came in nice cute pink bags you'd go.lol
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh well.. I have never been in one. thankfully.

    enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a crying shame. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, that is sooo Alabama. That's like in high school we had no tests the first day of hunting season because half of the school was absent.

    Why the hell did I move back here?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like putting in a rub and headin down to the old fishin' hole now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You gave me a hankerin' to go fishin' and now it is rainin' cats and dogs. Dang Nabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could have sworn I commented on here the other day....Ah well it was nothing witty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now they have a new source to purchase more cammo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What is it about the South and mega-giga-tera-peta-exa stores??

    Have a safe drive to Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww...c'mon now...be hip and go to the bass pro shop like every other redneck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. heeheeeeeee!

    How lame.

    Oh, I mean you lucky lucky lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 3000 deer and fish killing rednecks? now that's a party.....gross.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh come on. I'll let you borrow my Bass Pro charge card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey we are getting one those ... uhmmm sometime... They were suppose to build it .. OHHHHHHHHHH 3 years ago... and every now and then you will see a blurb about it in the paper.. OH Joy more traffic.. I am so excited... Supposedly its the Walmart for fishing freaks...

    ReplyDelete
  27. yep...Atlanta sounds a lot more exciting...at least you can shop with your daughter. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can top that.....they are building one here too...and I got an email AT SCHOOL that told me the opening date had been pushed back two months! To which I wanted to respond....AND?

    UGH...rednecks! Although, I did hear the store is supposed to be cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!