Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It only gets worse.....

This afternoon I went to the county jail to test the inmate "mother" of the child.

While I was waiting for her to be brought in, one of the administrators told me that this wasn't this particular inmate's first trip to the rodeo.

Yeah.....turns out this woman has been in prison before....for the very same offense.

And get this: prison is where her current husband (the cancer ridden man of yesterday's post) met her!

The dumb ass was there visiting his wife-at-the-time (evidently this guy really knows how to pick 'em) when he spotted this chick across the prison yard.

It was love at first sight....hillbilly-prison love~ but love none the less.

He divorced one female prisoner and married another....this one....the one who went on to rape his 12 year old son.

One of the guards brought her in.....

I was surprised by how young and fresh faced she was....pale skin, freckles, wide eyes, full lips...what I normally would have considered a pretty girl.

It was still hard to look at her.

Especially knowing that she was a serial offender...sexual abuser of children...

I took the sample and as I finished filling out the paperwork, I told her that I'd tested her baby yesterday...what a beautiful child she was....

The inmate's response: "I know. My husband told me you held her yesterday."

Ummmm...okay.

After the inmate was led back to her cell, the administrator told me that the cancer-ridden husband comes (in his wheelchair) to visit the inmate every day...... that the husband has complete confidence in her and knows that the baby is his.

I no longer feel sorry for him.

I hope the baby IS his....then his poor 12 year old son will be spared DNA testing.

24 comments:

  1. Oh Pissy. Pissy, pissy, pissy.

    You are bring me back to my social work days...

    FUcking crazy what nut jobs are out there and how NORMAL they make you feel... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy mixed up bunch of people! They think differently than we do. Or maybe don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry Springer would have a feast with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is just terrible! uggh. Poor baby girl; how is she going to explain her parenthood if her step brother ends up being her father? And that woman, its people like that that should not be allowed to procreate or get any enjoyment out of sex. for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The husband and rapist sound like they deserve each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good grief...it's like a bad soap opera out there...watch out they might be coming to you for commentary on that terrible Nancy Grace TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so messed up. I just don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy crap!! these people are insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant believe the father still wants something to do with her!!!!

    What the hell kind of life must those poor kids have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you wonder why us northerners still make fun of you hillbillies.

    It's a horrible story though, and I'm glad you made it through the day. It's just unimaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Just when I think I've heard it all......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with Library Mama - after reading this, my life is a walk in the park, on a sunny day!

    I couldn't do the job you do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am I a sick man to think that the beginning of the story sounded like a porn flick ...


    Sorry ....

    maybe a little levity will bring some lightness to the situation no matter how hopeless it looks.

    And do they get conjugal visits? How does that work for prisoners? ... (pause) but you probably don't know that...

    ~Jef

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someday's I am thankful that my job is mundane and boring. I have a new found respect for you. :HUGS:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss two days, miss a lot.

    Posts like this make me think forced sterilization can't be all that bad an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's one hell of a job you do BP!
    Isn't the world a crazy place!

    Thanks a lot for sharing all that with us it can't have been easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hillybilly prison love, that was a great one.....I must use that phrase sometime, but for what?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What the hell is wrong with people???? feh. You have some stressful goings on in the workplace!! I'm gonna stop complaining!

    Try to enjoy your weekend, girlie.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yikes. I'd prolly stick the needle in her eyeball.

    But I'm really mean that way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. judas priest....what kind of woman has sex with a 12 year old boy..?..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm kind of speechless over here.

    (and that never happens....)

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!