Sunday, November 22, 2009

An Education

This film is a must see.

It held me in its thrall from start to finish.

It is beautifully photographed, styled, directed and acted.

Carey Mulligan gave the best performance I've seen this year.

I won't attempt to review it. There are pages and pages of reviews you can Google.

Just know that I loved it and highly recommend it.



Cinematic perfection.

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this movie. Sadly, we never seem to get to an independant film in the theaters anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have as much of a chance of seeing it as I do of a michael moore film in waco..ha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havn't seen it advertised here yet.. but will def go see it when it comes out here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me stupid. What the hell movie are you talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seals: It is SO good! I hope you get to see it sooner rather than later. :)

    Jackie Sue: I hear ya! But this one is worth going to Austin to see. Trust me. You'd love it. :)

    Chris: Can't wait to hear what you think of it. :)

    Alison: Wasn't it?!?!? :)

    Catsy: your comment made me laugh out loud. :)
    The name of the movie is the same as the title of the post: "An Education". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it too!

    I joined this thing called SeeFilmsFirst (not sure if you have it in the US, apparently it came from the UK). Once in a while I get invited to free preview screenings and An Education was the first movie I saw.

    Lovely little movie, just perfect. Apart from anything else it just looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep Kick Girl: SeeFilmsFirst sounds amazing! I'd love that! :)

    I totally agree with your assessment of the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!