Sunday, November 29, 2009

Teeny Apartment=Teeny Decorations

I wasn't going to decorate at all here in my tiny place. Then I got to thinking about how cute and fun putting white lights around the three big windows in the main room would be, and then I got carried away.

The lights aren't up yet because I think I'm going to need some help hanging them.

Or...who knows? I may decide to try to hang them on my own tomorrow.

I've never hung lights before, but first time for everything, right?

Until I get those hung and can take pictures of that, here are a couple to hold you over:



lampshade wrapped in wired ribbon with
$1.00 Wal-mart ornament attached

2 foot tall Christmas tree
$8.00 at Wal-mart
decorated with $5.00 worth of
Wal-mart decorations.
Including ribbon garland.

My fleece throw is from Marshall's.
A splurge at $12.99, but it's over-sized
and super fluffy so I think
it was worth it.

What about y'all?

Do you have your places decorated already?

16 comments:

  1. No decs yet. And since I'm married to Scrooge, it will probably take another week of whining and eye rolling to get him to bring the stuff down from the attic and home from the storage unit. I swear, it's like pulling teeth to get the decorations so I can start slapping them up. And never do we have Christmas lights except on the pre lit tree.

    I do enjoy decorating tho, so hopefully we'll have things up and running next weekend.

    Send us more photos soon! I need inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decs will go up in about 10 days, when the neighbours (adult) kids can help shift the stuff around.

    I applaud your financial restraint! I shall be considering Xmas excesses in a series of daily-mini-rants-with-music-to-relax-by at;

    http://hambocentral.blogspot.com/

    please call by and join in!

    best

    dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wife and kids put ours up immediately after taking the Halloween decorations down... Can't wait to see the rest of yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um,

    decorate...

    um,

    Christmas?

    Is that happening this year?

    (humourous exaggeration)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny. Me - being the little Jewish girl - for some reason I'm the one who does the decorating in our house, instead of Mr. YnB who is Christian. When we first got married, we had a big tree, but when I realized it was me doing all the work, it has now been trimmed down to a little 2 ft. tree and various small decorations. I do a few Hanukkah decorations as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have hung the wrealth and the outside lights are up. After a good housecleaning today I added Christmas pillows to the couch, but I'm dreading putting up the tree as our cat "Snickers" will not leave it alone. Last year he chewed on the package wrappings, too. We love him to death, but he kind of rules the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alix: Ha! Your husband sounds like a normal guy to me. :) We decorated ALOT years ago when the girls were still living at home. Once they went off to college, it became less and less. I still have all the stuff, though!

    I want to see pictures of your place when you get it all decorated. :)

    Dave: I went over to your place. I LOVE your theme for the rest of the month and look forward to it! :)

    Whitenoise: Awwwww...it's so fun to decorate when you have little kids. :)

    Cad: Bless your heart....

    yorksnbeans: Now that IS funny! I think if Christmas decorating were left up to men there would be a lot less of it. ;-)

    Cathy: You've done quite a bit! :) Of COURSE Snickers rules the house! That's what pets are for! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how pretty...dexter won't let me hang anything..bastid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie Sue: Thank you! Aww....Little Dexter...I'm sure he'll be better about that kind of thing by next Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wellllll.... I have my tree up! Not sure yet if I shall do anything else. MY lights are all tangled up.. hate that!
    Want to see your teeny place all pretty! PHOTOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris: The tree up is a HUGE deal! That was always the part I dreaded the most. Well...aside from taking it down. ;-)

    Once I get things finished I'll post some more photos. Or maybe do a video! Woo hoo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Christmas decorations, but this year I'm going away on December 20th and I don't get back till January 20th. So not much point....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you've done so far!! I'm in the thick of it around here. I wanted to go light on the decorating this year, but once I started pulling all of the bins out decided that since I spent a fortune on all this stuff that I should just get a move on...

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAH! I found it.... you might want to use . . . :)

    They are called 3m command-decorating clips-from their line of removable hanging hooks!

    http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/decorating_clips/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog! Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alison: Oh, I totally wouldn't decorate if I were going away like you are. :)

    Lola: Isn't that how it goes? But you're right: you spent a lot of money on that stuff~use it! ;-)

    Mrs. Hall: Oh, man! Too late! But thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!