Friday, November 20, 2009

Frustrated!

When I interviewed on Tuesday evening, the family told me they would email me within "a couple of days". I took that to mean that I would hear from them by Thursday, or certainly by today. Instead I've heard nothing. Boo! :(

So...to take my mind off that, I went and found some pretty, girly pictures of rooms that I could never have. I mean, I COULD have them...I just wouldn't. There are elements in each room that I like, but over all the look is just too "fou-fou" for me.

Oh! This is an actual house in England that is for rent for location shoots. Apparently all this fou-fou works for somebody. :)

*if you click on the pictures they enlarge*


This looks like a 50's sorority house to me.
Well...maybe not that gold bust on the wall, but the rest of it. :)


This is a lovely room for a young girl.

That dressing table is to die for!

and those drapes?

Swoon!

But that wallpaper is just too much. :(


ADORE that beveled mirror!

Want!!!!

and that rack that fits over the tub to hold
books? Love it!

There's that awesome mirror again!
I love some of the trinkets on the counter.

btw: I have a pink shower curtain too.
In the guest bathroom in our house in Enterprise.
Pink with a black monogram
in the center.

I know.

It's sharing details like that with y'all
that keeps you coming back, right?

7 comments:

  1. Um yes. THAT and the fact that you are flipping fantastic.

    Hope you saw all the love Holly at Your Mother Knows But Won't Tell You gave you in a recent post. I swear she loves you almost as much as I love you. Which is a lot.

    PS: And yes, that yellow floral wallpaper is a bit much. Except for England which, in itself, is the definition of a bit much. Long live the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alix: Awwwwwwww.....back at 'cha!

    I DID see that! Holly is SO awesome! As are you! We really need to do a bloggie meet-up somewhere fabulous. Like....oh....NYC? :)

    Agreed on England. Although I DO love it. The country that is. The Queen? Not so much. ;-)

    Jackie Sue: well said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute photos.. that second bedroom ... the wallpaper is ... OVER THE TOP!
    But we love the pink dressing table... and have one similar to it that needs redecorating.. it's given me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink bathroom would be fun to have as a "back up bathroom". I wouldn't want it everyday but it's so fun and girly that it would be nice on days I needed cheering up.

    I love your taste. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it's you that keeps me coming back. And, see what your little eye spies.

    I have to say, I am a big fan of mirrors hanging over mirrors. And, I could do that in my bathroom....now you've got me thinking!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!