Can't sleep.....Again....
Buster woke me up at 2:20 to go out and I'm still awake.
It's 4:35 .a.m.
This happens more and more these days.
I think it has something to do with menopause.
Just one more thing about it that SUCKS!!!
Let me just tell y'all that t.v. is a wasteland of
infomercials and "Blooper" shows at 4:35 in the morning.
I'm waiting for "Angel" to come on Sci-fi at 5:00.
Maybe I'll get lucky and fall asleep first.
********************************************************************************
In decorating news.....
I've purschased the item shown below.
It will hang on the huge wall in my den here in the new casa.
Who knew that having vaulted ceilings would make finding
affordable artwork such a pain the in the ass?
It's actully Marimekko fabric streched over a frame.
To see more about it, click here
I've purschased the item shown below.
It will hang on the huge wall in my den here in the new casa.
Who knew that having vaulted ceilings would make finding
affordable artwork such a pain the in the ass?
It's actully Marimekko fabric streched over a frame.
To see more about it, click here

I saw it featured in the current issue of 'InStyle Home' magazine and
loved it.
My oldest daughter, GaBelle, doesn't like it.
She tends not to like things with faces.
What do y'all think?
Honestly.
I love it and it will be delivered and hanging on my wall by next weekend.
So go ahead and tell me.
I really want to know.
Oooohhh....
almost time for 'Angel' and I'm still awake.
Woo freakin' hoo.

I really like the second picture!
ReplyDeleteThat art work is okay. I'm not really an art connoisseur so I might not be the best person to ask.
ReplyDeleteI think the art work is awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou know, if you were a gamer you'd have something to do at 4:00am. I'm just sayin.
I love "Angel". Which episode was it?
ReplyDeleteHey Big Piss,
I'm up too. Can't sleep well either =(
-sniffle-
That's not you in the picture is it? That chick has it goin on! Oh..you do too of course =)
$90!!! That's grounds for a divorce! It does look pretty though.
I'm watching reruns of Mythbusters on my laptop...and makin a movie.
I'll try to put you in it. You'll end up getting killed like always =P
$90 isn't bad for a textile of that size, Pissy.
ReplyDeleteTbnaks for the link! I think that NW Girl may have one in HER near future ;)
I really like it!
ReplyDeleteNot a fan? Sorry.
ReplyDeleteCan I blame it on menapause too ??
ReplyDeleteLove the Textile..
:)
I like the picture but if it were to be hung on a white wall I think i would puke. It's not going on a white wall, right? I love art adn have no time to truly appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the sleep thing. Take up Soduku, it's exhausting for the brain.
Orhan: Me too!
ReplyDeletepud: that's ok. I really want to know what y'all think!
nonny: I think so too.
Yeah, this sleepless thing continues, I may have to resort to gaming.
Oooohhhh...I was soooooo bummed! Instead of "Angel", they showed a "Vonage" infomercial!! Arggghhhh!
hippo: Awww...I'm sorry you're still sick...:(
Nah....sadly, that's not a picture of me.
$90 is so cheap! At least if I get tired of it I don't have much $ invested in it!
nwg: I thought the price was great. Let me know if you get something from that company. I'd love to see what you chose.
samantha: thanks!
justini: that's ok. everybody has different taste. :)
bid: the walls are a color called "Southern Cross"....kind of a light putty color. So not white, but not a dark color either. I'd love it on a blue/gray wall, but Sweet Man doesn't want to paint.
ReplyDeleteI think once I have it here and see what it looks like on the wall, I'll know better. Maybe I'll paint just the one wall blue....
I like the colors, but, like your daughter, I don't like the faces, but it does have a 70's air about it, so that's way cool.
ReplyDeleteI often have trouble sleeping if there's too much on my mind. I'd say try Tylenol PM, but it keeps me awake. Warm milk maybe?
Good luck with it.
I love it. I would totally hang that in my apartment.
ReplyDeletej r: I know what you mean about a sorta 70's vibe. I liked it the second I saw it in the magazine, for some reason.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried Tylenol PM....I already take Klonopin ~which is supossed to put you to sleep~...among other things...
de: Glad you like it! Want one for Christmas?
I like it but I am wondering what is it with the bird in the bottom of the pic. It seems out of place.
ReplyDeleteI'd say Buster is just getting even.
ReplyDeletedont let buster near it..he will pee on it...
ReplyDeleteim with your daughter...it makes me want to say 'peace brother'..
It iS menopause Pissy! Im tellin ya I do the same thing....I went to bed at 5 am this morning....got up and 830 and went shopping...it just seems like I dont need sleep anymore...and then it will all catch up to me and Ill sleep for hours....damn menopause...I dont know why we just dont go out and buy a new sportscar and get a young boyfriend like the men do!!! But then again...you can blame so many things on menopause!..when your sad, happy, grouchy, weepy, angry. moody, nervous..get the picture. Oh and the thingie is very pretty! I really think it will look great. And how is Buster???? You got an ice pack on him? lol
ReplyDelete(being as you have new neighbours and all)
ReplyDeletei think you should go dig in your backyard at 4 am
then, you should get pieces of carpet you've removed from inside the house, put them in plastic bags to a length of about 6 ft all rolled up
then throw them in the hole you've dug and cover them up
repeat for about a week
that should cure your insomnia
or at least give you diversion more exciting than Angel...
well if you like it Pissy then that's all that is important....me I have bare walls....and it's because I have such trouble picking out something I want to look at all the time....what I should do is just hang up frames in all the rooms...then use my imagination to fill in the blanks....like schizophrenics do.
ReplyDeleteuh PUD is art she doesn't have to be an art connoisseur.
wow I'm flirting in your comment box):::smile::::
I'm more into the Velvet Elvis and Dogs Playing Poker kind of art myself.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your insomnia. I love sleeping ... esp. in that early morning REM dream sleep.
Truer words about the vast wasteland that is overnight tv cannot be spoken. I sort of missing the psychic infomercials, esp. Dionne Warwick. Ever notice how all of the psychics, except for flammingly gay little troll Kenny Kingston, were black women?
I saw The Maltese Falcom on t.v. the other night. Great movie.
Oh, yes, BP, whaddaya think of my pictures under my current entry (from long, long ago)?
Is it really big? I don't know if I'll be able to carry that back with me on the plane...I'm asking for small things this year- gift cards and the like.
ReplyDeleteOh God, if waking up at these hours is a sign of menopause I think I've got it...:)
ReplyDeleteIs it catchable?
tc
de: It's big. But we could have it shipped directly to your home. So transporting it wouldn't be a problem. Go to the link and look at all the other ones. You may find one you like better.
ReplyDeleteOr whatever.
fuzz: I'm pretty sure that the one they send doesn't have the bird cut off.
I hope not anyway....
limpy: probably. He IS psychic.
jackiesue: I know! Buster pees on pretty much everything else!
catch: I think so too! Then I sleep late the next morning when I can FINALLY sleep and end up feeling like crap the rest of the day.....
Buster is feeling/doing pretty good actually. He's a lil trooper!
cad: Yeah, that would go over really well with the retired Army Colonel who lives next door! ;-)
jerr: I would think you'd have all sorts of art hanging in your home. All those family portraits with Jenjur, etc.
You can flirt with pud anytime you want. I don't blame you a bit! ;-)
arcturus: there were some AWFUL movies on....I would have even watched one of them, but I hate to start watching a movie in the middle.
I've never seen "The Maltese Falcon".
tc: I don't think menopause is contagious.
You should be okay. :)
Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I know how that is...
ReplyDeleteI am picky about wall hangings etc. But that is really cool!
ReplyDeleteInsomnia sucks. And Angel does too. But he is sexy so its all good to me! ;-)
Mr. Fab: It sucks, doesn't it? What do you do about it?
ReplyDeletemimi: glad you like it!
I loved Angel the first few years...then it got kinda boring to me....