Friday, December 30, 2005

My Shopping Heaven

Like Mecca to a Muslim, the Holy Land for a Christian, The Church of Scientology to Tom Cruise, my visit to Ballard Designs Backroom was like heaven on earth for me. Think about it....my love of shopping, decorating and French country/traditional home furnishings all in one place..... and at a discount!!!!!
*Editor's note: when I get excited, it tends to come out pink and italicized. My apologies :)

City Penguin and I knew that there were two Ballard's Backroom stores in her city, but for some unknown reason, had never managed to get to one. We were determined that this visit would be the one when we would get there.

For those of you unfamiliar with Ballard's, it is a catalog of extremely overpriced French Country and traditional home furnishings. Well, overpriced to me. Because I seldom-if ever- pay full price for anything. Paying full price goes against everything I believe in...it's part of the Pissy Code.

So we arrive and start shopping before we even make it in the door. Vintage-looking wrought iron tables, chairs and benches were displayed outside...I lingered to look (of course). City Penguin pulled me to through the door, and I have to admit it: an actual gasp of delight escaped me~sigh~.....the Mothership had called me home.....

Even though Penguin inherited the shopping gene from me, she managed to restrain herself from purchasing anything..... although I honestly don't know how. Everything was fabulous! I, of course, scored 3 items at an amazing price: a wool area rug for my den

Marked down from $378.00 to $49.00. I know, I couldn't believe it either! Therefore, I provide proof below.....

A large triple matted silhouette (marked down from the ridiculous price of $268.00 to the much more reasonable price of $89.00) and some drapery tie-backs marked down to $9.99.

Let me just say, I was a happy 'lil camper.

O.K. enough about shopping for now...more TALES FROM THE CITY will be forthcoming!!!!


*Editor's note: Penguin actually found the rug while looking for one for herself. I was busy tracking down a salesperson to stake my claim to the silhouette*

*Additional Editor's note: Can you tell I got a new digital camera for Christmas? heh heh

15 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the pictures! You are quickly getting the hang of blogging!

    Glad you had such a fun time with the family.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NWG : I'm so glad you like it!

    Jenn: Thanks! Let me just say, I couldn't have done any of this blogging stuff without Penguin and Little P showing me how to it all. I did this as soon as I got home before I could forget everything they taught me!! heh heh
    Happy New Year to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! If I ever find your house, you'd better have armed guards because I'll likely try to steal that damn rug! I hate and love you at the very same time!

    I'm so glad Penguin got the shopping genes from you. I pity the poor women I know who have the recessive shitty shopper genes. It's ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddah Girl: heh heh!! It IS a cool rug, isn't it?!?!?
    Honestly, I don't understand the shitty shopping gene women and they don't understand me, either.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, I too am a shopping fool. next time you go to traffic hell, head to that HUGE mall NE of the city. Can you say Nordstrom's Rack??? And a HUGE one at that. HUGE RACK - i made a funny...
    We have a Dillard's Clearance Center in Big D. If and when you do a clothing run - give me a ring. 75% off in store prices and then on holiday weekends (any holiday will do) they do an additional 25 - 40% off. The clothes are out of season, but when you can get designer labels at those prices - I can shop out of season. I can barely shop retail any longer. It pains me greatly when I do. We call it Endurance Shopping - and it sounds like you would be a strong candidate for such an outting...
    congrats on the rug! It is gawgeous!
    & thanks 4 the link! 2 cool!
    tcole

    ReplyDelete
  6. t cole: hmmmmm...huge mall ne of the city....I'm SURE Penguin knows which one that is. And Little P just moved to a large suburb north of the city, so between the two of them~we'll find it!
    Your Dillard's Clearance Store sounds WONDERFUL!!!
    I am an endurance shopper. I've been known to go without food for an entire day~couldn't waste the time EATING when I could be SHOPPING!
    I DO love the rug! Even Sweet Man likes it and he just usually shakes his head at me. The picture I bought is really cooler than it came across in the blog pic. Look it up on line if you get a chance. Its #2 in a series by an artist who's name I can't remember... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THE RUG! It is just perfect. I want one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny: awwww... go on-line to Ballards~ they have tons of stuff and may have more of these rugs. I just got really lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! You freakin' crack me up! If it wasn't so late, I'd call your ass right now and laugh with you on the phone! :) You have really gotten comfortable with your new camera and the whole uploading process! Good for you!
    Z and little pissy will be SOOO proud!!! :)

    PS> Yeah, the bargains in that place were unreal. I'm still amazed I made it out without a purchase. Guess I wasn't feeling well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penguin: You should have called. I was still up :)
    I knew you'd be proud of me w/ the pics-it all came from watching you do it for me! :) See! I wasn't just sitting on my ass not paying attention while you did all the work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You really know how to shop! Don't throw things at me, but I'm one of those girls who didn't get the shopping gene. Just so you know what it's like "from the other side", it's hell not being able to shop well.

    Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. kc: HA! I promise not to throw things at you!!! Yeah, I'm so good at shopping that I even shop for other people if they ask me to...how sad is that?!?!? :)

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best regards from NY!
    » »

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!