I know what you're thinking...not another post about how much this bitch shops! But this is a short story that must be told. And there are pictures of cute shoes! That makes it so much more worthwhile!
Those of you who have ever been on a quest for exactly the right thing will know where I'm coming from. You know what I mean.....you shop and shop, look and search, mall to strip mall, to on-line stores, to specialty store...all in the quest for the "golden egg". That perfect thing you just have to have.
Over the past 18 months I've bought six pairs (O.K. ...7) of athletic shoes in my quest for the perfect pair. No, my fat ass isn't athletic! I just wanted cute, comfy shoes to wear with the cute comfy clothes that I wear on my own time ( as opposed to the cute stylish clothes that I wear to the office)!
With each purchase, I would think, "This is it, Pissy. Your search for the perfect shoe to wear while searching for more perfect shoes has ended right here! Woo Hoo!!!" But each time I knew it really wasn't the perfect perfect shoe. I'd feel just a little empty inside 'cuz I knew they weren't the right ones...not really the perfect shoe...not really what I was looking for.... I liken it to what taking the wrong guy back to the dorm must be like for a college freshman. You know....settling, knowing you'll regret it later...all that shit....
Of course I shopped during my Thanksgiving visit to relatives. Isn't that what everybody does after having traveled 12 hours??? By car. Without stopping. And guess what?
TAH DAH!!!!! I FOUND THEM!!!!
So, a big shout out and muchas gracias to MEGA-MARSHALLS (yes, I said MEGA~and it was) in Clear Lake, Texas for having the shoes of my dreams.
Aren't they cute?
*editor's note* I bought 2 pair. These and some that are a lovely "Carolina " blue with pink straps. I would've bought the only other color they came in but they were an unfortunate raspberry color...and while I love pink, even I couldn't go there....
*additional note* I am proud to say I gave away the six (o.k., 7) pairs of shoes that I had previously purchased. (I might be a bitch, but I like to think I'm an altruistic bitch).
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you are definitely a shop-a-holic. 7 pairs of athletic shoes????
ReplyDeleteI know...crazy isn't it??? But in my defense at least two pair were from places like Wal-mart and Payless !!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI pretty much only wear athletic shoes. I'm just a sneakers kind of gal. Fuck fashion when I'm so much more fun being laid-back.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though, for the perfect pair of athletic shoes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs. It comes with the territory. And never get too attached to a certain model b/c the company will most definitely discontinue them.
Lefty: that's exactly why I bought two pair! Well, that and they're so freakin' cute. The damn pics STILL won't post!
ReplyDeleteno pressure - but still checking back for the pictures. Need to know if I have to run out and buy myself a pair (or two) too...
ReplyDeleteT. cole: I tried AGAIN last night and....NOTHING! Dang that HNT!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI promise you; they are SO worth the wait... sort of ballet-slipper-ish, with comfort and just a hint of "street" thrown in. :) Like I said: the perfect shoe!
I was in my daughter's university town last weekend and a CO-ED complimented me on them! Wanted to know where I'd gotten them. I KNOW! That's about as good as it gets for someone my age!!!
honey, please - that IS as good as it gets. I make my brother - 10 years younger than me - approve most of mine to make sure they are not Old Lady Shoes. And he's straight - just really good (hip) taste in clothes...
ReplyDeletecause a few years ago - he told me that I wore Old Lady Shoes - and that just ain't gonna work for me.
Bought a pair of TOO cute black cowboy-ish boots yesterday for my trip to NYC this weekend. Soon as I open my mouth, they will know I am from The South - figured I ought to look the part as well...
patientely waiting on the pics...
do you use Picassa to upload pics? I've never had an issue with them...